I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's been a rough couple weeks for me. We had a family reunion and my Mom passed away suddenly surrounded by her family. We were sitting around the campfire listening/singing one minute, she started making a coughing sound, I went over to her, watched her take a few breaths, told her I loved her, and that was it. No pulse, eyes were fixed and dilated, and I had to tell everyone she was gone. It wasn't a total shock, my Mom has had over 10 heart attacks and strokes starting at the age of 47. Her last stroke was almost 5 years ago, and it has been a struggle. Deep down I knew the next one was only a matter of time. Although she tried to keep a good attitude she has been praying for God to take her to heaven for a long time. Even though she never officially became a DNR, she said she would never have the strength to go through another stroke. So even though I knew it was best for her it was not easy to look at my step dad and say just let her go.

But I have much to be thankful for. She is now at peace and is reunited with my brother who passed away at 17. I counted up 8 Disney trips we've been able to take with her, including the first one 6 weeks after a ruptured aneurysm, a condition that many don't survive. I'm thankful for this community, it's been nice to read here and take my mind off things. The weird thing is we planned this family reunion so that the next time we got together it wouldn't be for a funeral. We were more thinking of my 95 year old grandma, but God had other plans. Here's one of my favorite pictures. Our first Disney trip after that ruptured aneurysm.
I’m so sorry for your loss. My grandma was kind of similar. She’d had a stroke but had an aneurysm that was inoperable. She had a week of multiple family visits where she told everyone she wouldn’t see them again. My mom and I went to visit on Friday, sat down with her while she was eating dinner and she slumped over and was gone.
Love your picture. Hold on to those good memories.

I am so sorry for your loss :hug:

It's so very difficult to see a parent with health issues struggling. You know it will happen eventually yet you feel almost guilty for wanting them to no longer be in pain.

Yesterday was my mother's birthday. She would have been 77 this year. She died almost 10 years ago after a horrible year with ovarian cancer. My dad and her older sister were with her. I had just left to pick up my kids at school.
Hugs to you too. Today is my dad’s birthday. He would have been 80, passed almost 6 years ago from cancer. It’s rough.

It is the one for the 20k with $3000 spend. Though I'm P1 mode. But I definitely will think about it as I have no MSR at this moment....Been burying myself in VGC's from Staples
Oo the "good one" then. Hm, in P1 mode I'd probably go for it if a 3k in AmEx spend isn't a problem. I'll cross fingers for you :)

For those of you who’ve been able to extend Bonvoy free night certs, how long have you been able to extend them to?

I have two 35k/night certs, one expires 5/2 and the other 6/25. What do you think the odds are that I could extend them for a July trip? The chatter a few days ago on using them for DL got me to thinking I’d love to use them at DL for another July trip at the Fairfield Inn (I wasn’t getting the Residence Inn to pull up with the dates I was using). The other option would be to try to go over spring break in March, but DH can’t take off work then and flights are usually super high. TIA!
If no one has answered yet, they usually extend them for a year but they won’t do it until much closer. So maybe try calling in April. I had my stay booked for June and they “couldn’t figure out how” to extend it when I called in November. But I called back in April or May and the rep extended one year, then applied to my booking.

Curious - how did you enjoy Dear Evan Hansen? I've been looking at tickets but haven't pulled the trigger.

First half of the show was really funny and entertaining - the two teenage girls sat next to me frequently switched from hysterics to being completely mortified - often to my confusion so maybe there was some teenage jokes in there that went over my head. Second half was a little more reflective but still had funny moments. Overall, I really enjoyed it and was glad I went.

When I'm trying to move UR's to one account (in this case from DH's CIP to his CSR) and I get the "this card is not eligible to receive points from you at this time" message - what do I do? Just wait and try again or should I try to send them to one of my cards that is already linked to his CSR?

Picked up another VGC at Staples just now. I was going to try for more than one but they had the one per customer sign up this time. I’m glad I didn’t grab more than one because the cashier wanted to see my card and ID. I was using DH’s CIP and told him it was my husband’s card. He said he could see that the last name’s matched so it was ok. Yay for the patriarchy...? :rolleyes:
I didn't change my last name when I got married (either time :D) so I am slightly concerned about this if I ever get a card in my husband's name as I would be the one actually putting the spend on it. But then again I'm trying to remember how many places actually ask to see my ID and can think of very few... and I (currently) have no plans to buy gift cards, so perhaps it will be OK.

I didn't change my last name when I got married (either time :D) so I am slightly concerned about this if I ever get a card in my husband's name as I would be the one actually putting the spend on it. But then again I'm trying to remember how many places actually ask to see my ID and can think of very few... and I (currently) have no plans to buy gift cards, so perhaps it will be OK.
If it's a biz card you are probably fine adding yourself as an employee without adding to 5/24. If its a personal card you could always add to Apple Pay/Google Pay and hope the place accepts it!

So here is a general sort of question for the experts!

What do you find to be the most challenging thing about churning?

Making MSR?
Keeping track of which card to use under which circumstances? (I currently have only 3 in my possession and it's quite a change for me so that's already a challenge)
Opening/closing cards at the most beneficial rate to avoid difficulties with opening new ones?
Something else I haven't thought of?

Do Chase employee cards need to have their own online account? I was honestly shocked when I saw that they come in separate envelopes and have different numbers. If I am the employee, is it bad to use my current biz account?

Do Chase employee cards need to have their own online account? I was honestly shocked when I saw that they come in separate envelopes and have different numbers. If I am the employee, is it bad to use my current biz account?
No they don’t need their own account. My employee cards don’t even show up on an account. I can only see the main cardholder’s account, if that makes sense

So here is a general sort of question for the experts!

What do you find to be the most challenging thing about churning?

Making MSR?
Keeping track of which card to use under which circumstances? (I currently have only 3 in my possession and it's quite a change for me so that's already a challenge)
Opening/closing cards at the most beneficial rate to avoid difficulties with opening new ones?
Something else I haven't thought of?

Most difficult (I guess not difficult, just time consuming) is making the payment on every card I use each month...which is probably 15 or so.

Are there any amazon deals currently that work with Amex?

ETA: I found it. I have one on my new BBP

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter