I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The $1558 is for 3 nights, but that’s not for my birthday weekend (nov 1). It’s actually for the weekend of nov 14. We wouldn’t be able to plan out 11 months ahead so probably wouldn’t do a dvc rental. I’ve been looking at the confirmed reservations on the rental store but nothing so far for the dates I want

I should qualify that once points reservations are gone there are usually still cash reservations available because Disney Vaca Develop. owns some of the DVC resorts points and also members who use points for other options such as cruises - these points rooms are sold as cash rooms.

Looking at the availability, I may make an extra speculative booking next year! I'll have quite a few points from this year that I will be banking.

@calypso726 maybe you can help with my United question since I'm also trying to book United to Hawaii for 2020. When I search for premium economy seats from RIC to HNL, I get Saver awards of 22.5k one way. However, if I just search for regular economy, they're also only 22.5k. So I'm concerned that the premium economy may not actually be any different than regular economy, since they're all just showing up under the "Economy" banner. There's no indication that there is premium economy versus economy on the flight. Is it possible it's a flight without a premium economy option?

I hope that makes sense. I'm not super familiar with United so I may just be missing something. I only have a handful of United miles, so I can't click through to look at seat options or anything.

What’s the procedure for getting the CIP expedited? Do I call the number I called to check the status?
That's what we did. At the end of the message it gives an option to speak with a rep, I did that and just asked if I could get the card sooner. Just did it again for hubby's CIU this week and it's supposed to be arriving today according to UPS.

We were turned away for about a 5 pm flight. They were actually a little rude about it as the CSR PP was not a high enough level (they were letting some others in). I would try again but my husband thought they were rude too to the extent that he refuses to even go back and try there again. So if it is a huge hassle to get there (flying Southwest) honestly I would not bother. It isn’t that spectacular anyway.
This is the kind of experience I was worried about. Oh well, looks like it is worth a try anyway if it’s not too much of a hassle getting there.

@calypso726 maybe you can help with my United question since I'm also trying to book United to Hawaii for 2020. When I search for premium economy seats from RIC to HNL, I get Saver awards of 22.5k one way. However, if I just search for regular economy, they're also only 22.5k. So I'm concerned that the premium economy may not actually be any different than regular economy, since they're all just showing up under the "Economy" banner. There's no indication that there is premium economy versus economy on the flight. Is it possible it's a flight without a premium economy option?

I hope that makes sense. I'm not super familiar with United so I may just be missing something. I only have a handful of United miles, so I can't click through to look at seat options or anything.
Absolutely rely on @calypso726 for better info, but when I booked award travel through united, I seemed to be able to pick premium economy seats when I went to do my seat selection - it said that there would be an extra charge, but it didn't actually charge me anything. I haven't actually taken the flight yet, so maybe I was just misunderstanding what the seats were going to be like, but that is how it looked when I booked it.

When we used the PP lounge they asked for our boarding passes along with ID and the PP card

Thank you! The info I can find says only a boarding pass is required outside the US but of course each lounge likes to make up their own rules :confused3 If it’s convenient (I.e. we walk past it) we might try but won’t go out of our way. We’re planning to get to our home airport early and enjoy a sit down early dinner before our 6pm flight. This would just be snacks before bed :)

I booked our trip to Rome this morning. We are going in April 2020. We are flying Delta comfort from JFK-FCO 66,000 miles per person round trip. We are staying at the palazzo naiadi for five nights using 240,000 Marriott points.

That should be a great time to visit Rome and the seats won't be lie flat but everything else (service, IFE, etc) in DL C+ is just as good or better than the AA biz I flew to BUD so hopefully you'll have a good flight. Excellent use of skymiles!

There's no indication that there is premium economy versus economy on the flight. Is it possible it's a flight without a premium economy option?

I'm not @calypso726 either but if it doesn't specifically say PE in the award chart, likely there's no PE seat. Seatguru dot com is my best friend when I'm searching for flights-you can put in the flight number and it will show the airplane (currently, obviously it can change) assigned and the configuration.

I've noticed when I search for award flights on United that the PE is very overpriced (ie-economy is 30k, premium economy is 120k, business is 155k) so I don't know if United has really figured out how to price this product miles redemption wise. Hope this helps :)

dont forget the courtyard right next to it!

The new Courtyard is one lot north of the Fairfield from Disneyland's eastern gateway, so not quite as close as the Fairfield. But it does have that water park my kiddo would love.

I'm thinking of giving the Courtyard a try in November. We'd be getting in at night, and I felt like it'd be a waste of money to book the Disneyland Hotel for arrival day (really just to unpack and sleep), which turned us to a split stay situation at one of the neighboring Marriotts. I should have my 50k FN cert in about 2-3 months (thanks, Amex :sad2:) and a refreshed $300 Marriott credit on the Brilliant to put towards the Courtyard. Fingers crossed Marriott doesn't implement peak pricing by then. Then we'll move over to the DLH.

Freedom trail, USS Constitution, JFK Museum, Harbor Islands, Salem, Cambridge/Harvard...people watching at Fanueil hall and Boston Common....lots of cycling using the Blue Bikes (I think I only used the T once all week). Took in a couple shows...Blue Man Group and Dear Evan Hansen.

Had a busy and fun week.

Thanks for these ideas as we are going to be in Boston for a couple nights staying at a Kimpton. We took the T when we had a long layover a couple months ago. So now we decided we want to come back and stay a couple days.

Absolutely rely on @calypso726 for better info, but when I booked award travel through united, I seemed to be able to pick premium economy seats when I went to do my seat selection - it said that there would be an extra charge, but it didn't actually charge me anything. I haven't actually taken the flight yet, so maybe I was just misunderstanding what the seats were going to be like, but that is how it looked when I booked it.

Thanks! Did it actually give you the option for premium economy when you went to book, or were you just booking regular economy?

I'm not @calypso726 either but if it doesn't specifically say PE in the award chart, likely there's no PE seat. Seatguru dot com is my best friend when I'm searching for flights-you can put in the flight number and it will show the airplane (currently, obviously it can change) assigned and the configuration.

I've noticed when I search for award flights on United that the PE is very overpriced (ie-economy is 30k, premium economy is 120k, business is 155k) so I don't know if United has really figured out how to price this product miles redemption wise. Hope this helps :)

I'm going to check out Seatguru! I haven't seen any PE options yet so maybe it's just not available? I've searched for a ton of different dates though. I get the feeling I'm going to need to accumulate a ton of United miles for this trip lol. I just can't seem to find much better in the way of Hawaiian or transfers or anything.

SO was kinda upset I used that many points for club level. He was like Coronado springs is nice and that was 55,000 points and did we really need club level. Well, you know what he should answer his phone at work when I call to confirm the plans before I book. Plus, he acts like he is the one earning the miles? I earn them so I pick what we do lol
Ha! I think that is completely valid lol. I'm trying to tell myself to be less stingy with points... like it's okay to spend a few more for a better time or room! I have them, that's what they are for! Like before I booked Dolphin last night I was like, ooh the price went down! Turns out it was a double bed room.. and I had a moment of should I save 3k AA miles... and I had to tell myself NO, BOOK THE KING BED :sad2:
Interesting that my refunded FN certs were reset with new expiration dates one year out.

pfIpsPT.jpg

I'd say if you won't be able to use your FN certs before they expire, and you don't want to talk to a human to ask for an extension, use them on a refundable reservation, then cancel to extend the expiration date yourself. But since my FN certs didn't automatically redeposit to my account when I canceled, and I had to call a rep anyway, it might just be more trouble than it's worth.
That happened to MILs. It got put back with a new expiration. But mine went back with the original expiration and I had to call and extend.

We leave for Disney Saturday late afternoon for a week (the trip we extended by a day to lattend SWGE preview). I need a few hundred in Disney GC and haven’t had time to utilize any deals to get discounts.

This late I have to take what I can buy in store. Other than Target 5% discount can I do better anywhere else? I suppose if Kroger has 4x fuel points that could be an option too (just more work since we try to max out with both vehicles filling at once).

Thanks for any tips/advice!

I ended up loading the 4x fuel points digital coupon and picking up a $250 gift card that should result in about a 13-14% savings depending on how close we can max out the 35 gallon discount (we take both vehicles). Not too bad for the day before our trip.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter