I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm at 41 cards currently open right now and my wife is at 36.

77 total between the two of us. That's after closing 28 this year alone. :faint:

Nope. 2/90 for Credit Cards. No velocity for Charge Cards.

For super advanced churners: You can get the same charge card once every 90 days unless NLL, which bypasses the 90 day velocity. I've tried 60 days and it works but too scared to go quicker. And at roughly $30k/MSR I have to hit per month, I have about all I can chew currently.

I would be super interested in knowing what cards you have if you ever decide to type them all up haha.

This makes me feel like a slacker. I only have 19 open.

I have 25 between DH and I after my two approvals this morning, but it'll go down to 24 as soon as DH's Barclays Aviator AF posts and I cancel that. I'm currently at 10 checking and savings account. About to be 11 when I open Great Southern Bank tonight. I was waiting for Chase to lower my cash advance. I will close both of our BB&T and PNC when I can without the fees. I might already be there, I just haven't checked.

This makes me feel like a slacker. I only have 19 open.
I'm insane. You're better off not being insane.

I would be super interested in knowing what cards you have if you ever decide to type them all up haha.
Mine
Chase: Marriott Biz, CIP x2, Hyatt, SW Priority, CSR, CFU, Marriott
US Bank: Radisson Rewards Biz
Wells Fargo: Biz Plat and Propel
Barclays: Aviator and Arrival+ (will close both of these)
BOA Premium Rewards (will close this)
The other 27 are Citi and AMEX. My only 2 refuges left :)

Oh rats. Got notice that my life insurance company was sold and a new administrator will be handling, well, the admin. I look through the FAQ and no CC payments :(

I'm glad I paid a quarter early to hit MSR. I have a couple weeks until the change over, I might try to call in and see if I can sneak an AmEx payment through to try for that offer. AmEx isn't listed on the online form so it's a long shot but $85 is worth the couple minutes to try.

The new guys will take a debit card, so now to figure out if any of the gebits will work (hoping meta MCs hold out) and if they'll take a partial payment. Or does Serve or something similar come up as debit by any chance? I guess worse case for this year is we put it towards CIU MSR just to get something for it this year, and then figure out next year. Boo.

Club level at the contemporary is so worth 170,000 AA miles for two nights. Idk if I can go back with the peasants.

Our go-to hotels around Disneyland used to be the Hilton Anaheim and the Candy Cane Inn. The SpringHill Suites we’re staying at this trip is closer than the Hilton and just across the street from the Candy Cane Inn. But after 3 days of walking that long block of Harbor and all around the Parks, DW’s and my feet are aching, we’re limping after our zippy little 6 y.o., and we’ve decided it may just be too far for us. It never used to be! Either we’re getting old or we’ve been completely spoiled by staying on site. We’ll go with the latter.

(I know you’re planning to stay at the Hilton for an upcoming trip. The walk is not that bad — while you’re still in your 20s! You might even work off some of those lovely Heffalump lumps!)

giphy.gif

Okay--so now I've cried 3 times at work today. I'm super stressed about a million things including my 47-minute layover (somehow I lost a minute--it was 48 minutes last week) in O'Hare requiring a change in terminals. And on the way back my layover that was over an hour but is now 50 minutes. Awesome! But I decided to use some of my Amex Platinum airline credit and purchase economy plus seats for us for our first leg of the trip to get us off the plane at O'Hare as fast as possible. The rest of the credit will go toward checking a bag so DS and I don't get our spinners gate checked and then possibly upgrading seats on the way back (although right now it's slim pickin's and we're in row 18). So at least the airline credit isn't a complete waste.

Last edited:
I just want to share a little cc rewards happy story. My 23 year old daughter is interviewing for a dream job today, on short notice. She will get reimbursed for travel expenses by the firm; she asked me to schedule the flights and hotel for her because she was finishing her summer job and moving to a new apartment earlier this week (plus, as she said, "You are the travel expert."). I was able to schedule the cheapest direct flights and then use miles to upgrade her (don't want her submitting any sort of extra-cost tickets to the firm), and book her at a Hilton (cost within area norms) through my account, which has diamond status because of one of my assorted AmEx cards. I put her name on the reservation and she had no problem checking in this morning (quite early, which was super helpful because she needed to change clothes--thank you Hilton). She texted me that the woman who checked her in was impressed with the diamond status. She's pretty anxious/excited, and it was nice to be able to add a few extras to her trip just because of the cc rewards.

Oh rats. Got notice that my life insurance company was sold and a new administrator will be handling, well, the admin. I look through the FAQ and no CC payments :(

I'm glad I paid a quarter early to hit MSR. I have a couple weeks until the change over, I might try to call in and see if I can sneak an AmEx payment through to try for that offer. AmEx isn't listed on the online form so it's a long shot but $85 is worth the couple minutes to try.

The new guys will take a debit card, so now to figure out if any of the gebits will work (hoping meta MCs hold out) and if they'll take a partial payment. Or does Serve or something similar come up as debit by any chance? I guess worse case for this year is we put it towards CIU MSR just to get something for it this year, and then figure out next year. Boo.

Discover debit 1% if nothing else?

ETA: It's 2% for new accounts until 2/28/2020, if either P1 or P2 doesn't have one. https://www.doctorofcredit.com/discover-checking-account-cashback-match-bonus-up-to-210-bonus-match/

Okay--so now I've cried 3 times at work today. I'm super stressed about a million things including my 47-minute layover (somehow I lost a minute--it was 48 minutes last week) in O'Hare requiring a change in terminals. And on the way back my layover that was over an hour but is now 50 minutes. Awesome! But I decided to use some of my Amex Platinum airline credit and purchase economy plus seats for us for our first leg of the trip to get us off the plane at O'Hare as fast as possible. The rest of the credit will go toward checking a bag so DS and I don't get our spinners gate checked and then possibly upgrading seats on the way back (although right now it's slim pickin's and we're in row 18. So at least the airline credit isn't a complete waste.

I have occasionally had luck asking at the gate to get moved up in the plane because of a tight connection. There are usually seats held near the front for handicapped passengers, and if those are not claimed then sometimes a gate agent can/will give them to you.

I have occasionally had luck asking at the gate to get moved up in the plane because of a tight connection. There are usually seats held near the front for handicapped passengers, and if those are not claimed then sometimes a gate agent can/will give them to you.
Thanks, I'll give that a shot on the return flight.

Okay--so now I've cried 3 times at work today. I'm super stressed about a million things including my 47-minute layover (somehow I lost a minute--it was 48 minutes last week) in O'Hare requiring a change in terminals. And on the way back my layover that was over an hour but is now 50 minutes. Awesome! But I decided to use some of my Amex Platinum airline credit and purchase economy plus seats for us for our first leg of the trip to get us off the plane at O'Hare as fast as possible. The rest of the credit will go toward checking a bag so DS and I don't get our spinners gate checked and then possibly upgrading seats on the way back (although right now it's slim pickin's and we're in row 18). So at least the airline credit isn't a complete waste.
Oh no..sending :grouphug: And:tinker:all goes well

Discover debit 1% if nothing else?

ETA: It's 2% for new accounts until 2/28/2020, if either P1 or P2 doesn't have one. https://www.doctorofcredit.com/discover-checking-account-cashback-match-bonus-up-to-210-bonus-match/
That's definitely a thought! It was just such a handy tool for MSR. That policy helped reach 4 MSR's between last year and this. Not that I really want to pay for it, but it at least took some of the stink off knowing a big bonus was coming at the end :laughing: If I can't figure out how to get it onto a CC then I think this is how we'll go.

Are you flying out of BOS or are PVD and MHT options for you as well? BOS is definitely closest to us but we usually fly out of PVD when flying SW because they have more nonstops to MCO. Next week we are flying out of MHT for the first time.
We are right in-between BOS and PVD, so will most likely do PVD. We flew out of PVD last April for our Ireland trip and found it so much easier than Logan. Good to know they have more nonstops to MCO than BOS.

Oh boy. Our flight that was supposed to be 8:49pm-11:32pm is now delayed to 10:08pm-12:51am. And our preview is at 9am! I looked at the next earlier flight and it's delayed to leave at 7:49pm now, but my husband works til 5pm, won't get home til 5:45/6pm and EWR is 30 minutes away with no traffic. And there will be traffic.

He gave me a hard no on trying to make that switch. If this were a planned trip, he'd ask to leave early. But he's already gotta call out sick tomorrow. Let's hope we can catch a nap on the plane. We're going to be zombies tomorrow! Let's cross our fingers we're not further delayed.
We had a couple of very brief showers at Cabana Bay but no lightning or anything. And it’s overcast at the moment. We are just sitting at the pool relaxing.

And as if yesterday wasn’t bad enough, I somehow managed to forget our Universal APs. I have no idea how since I know I had them but then started re-arranging the luggage and must have missed picking them up. Thank goodness, Universal will reprint them for free. Except I need to get DH and DS’s at the park guest services since I had upgraded them to premier and they haven’t been activated yet.

DH decided to change our holiday plans. So we now have 6 nights in Punta Cana, fly to FLL on Christmas Eve and then fly home from MCO on 1/3. I still have to book hotels and rental for the FL portion but we are all set for the 1st half. I’ll have to ask DS’s new school for him to take mid-terms a day early since I think he has some on his final 1/2 day before winter break but we fly out that morning.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter