I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
As an alternate DP, I have now received the Amex pop up on Bonvoy personal, Hilton Surpass, and Amex Gold :rotfl2:

Yeah, as I understand it, what you should’ve done when you got a pop up on one card/family, is to immediately apply for a card in another family to (possibly?) avoid the pop up.

It seems the pop up is dynamic. Amex is probably running some eligibility checker based on your “history” (factors we can only guess about) at the time of application. If you got a pop up on one card, canceled that app, and then applied for another card in a different brand/co-brand that same day, it’s thought that you may dodge the pop up. But if you waited, Amex would re-run their eligibility checker the next time you applied for the same card or different card/family, and if you haven’t made any material change to your “history,” like increasing your spend, then those same factors will trigger the pop up again.

This is just a theory, but it might be worth testing for those who get the pop up — since you’ve been denied a bonus already anyway — try to apply for a different card in another family of cards that same day and see if you get the pop up again.

We checked into the dolphin today for our AP preview tomorrow morning! We ate dinner at Picabu which was pretty good. Then we walked to Epcot to get breakfast for tomorrow from the French bakery. Then we got ice cream from the fountain and now I should be sleeping but I’m too excited!
Did you get your confirmation printed? I printed mine at work and... left it at home. Think I may risk going without it...

Did you get your confirmation printed? I printed mine at work and... left it at home. Think I may risk going without it...
We walked over to the boardwalk front desk and the cm there printed it for me. I just forwarded it to her email. It took like 2 minutes but we stood and talked to her for like 10 more minutes about SWGE. She loved it so much during her preview and said the popcorn tastes just like fruit loops so I’m excited to get some! She said her boyfriend is stationed on batuu and has bought 3 droids lol. We’re buying one first thing and I can’t wait. I’m getting a backpack to carry it in lol

In the car to drive to my parents so we can leave from Islip tomorrow for our trip! So excited!

No AP preview for us as we’re planning to upgrade to APs on this trip. Jealous of all of you who have one this weekend! Have fun!

I wish I could give you our preview spots. Have fun on your trip!

How long does it take for the Aspire resort credit to post? I was expecting soon after the charge posts, but 6 days later still nothing. I used it at the HGVC Craigendarroch in Scotland. Anyone use the resort credit in Europe or a HGVC?

The resort list actually says HGVC Craigendarroch Suites, but we were in the Lodges. It's the same check-in desk...hopefully it still works.

This reminded me that I have been thinking about a NYC trip, in part to see Hamilton again (we saw it in Chicago). Calypso (or any other Hamilton fans): have you done a Hamilton tour? From the little I have read, I think it involves a guided walk though the city, with info about the locales relevant to the Hamilton story.

We did one in DC when we went to see Hamilton over there. It was interesting. Not especially memorable though. I think it all has to do with the guide, like anything. I’d do one again in New York to see the difference and just because I like those kinds of tours.

@Haley R: I shared this gem in the news thread earlier today - @amalone1013 appreciated it, LOL!

https://attractionsmagazine.com/mickeys-not-so-scary-party-pass-2019/
Wow - so this means if I want to hire KtP as a tour guide this year I should only have to pay ~$199 and not buy his ticket (I'd assume he'll buy one of these on his own)....... :lmao:

(2018 facebook post for reference):
View attachment 426446

I wish someone would pay me to go to WDW with them. Any volunteers?

Ooh have a wonderful trip! Also I have to thank you for telling me to try Outlander again. I’m liking it more this time around. It also helps that we spent time at Culloden (visiting the memorial museum and the battlefield) last summer. I’m happy because I really like Scotland and I’m learning more about it, too.

Thank you. I’m sure we will. Oh I am so glad to hear that. Scotland is such a lovely country with such rich history. I cried at Culloden during the re-enactment of the battle in that surround vision theater. Learning about some of the history from the Outlander series seems to have stirred a sense of connection to the country.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter