I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
DS’s gf stayed at the Wyndham Garden in August when we went for 3 nights. It’s walkable to DS. The room I booked was through the UR portal. To get to her room we had to take the elevator from the main floor down a level, then walk around lots of long hallways and turns, mostly open air, to the back of the hotel facing a parking lot. Aesthetically it wasn’t that great, but she said the room worked fine for her. She wasn’t there much other than sleeping, so it didn’t matter much. The quick look I had at the room was ok but nothing special. The lobby is very nice though. It had a Disney-like scent to it and a coffee shop. Probably more, but I wasn’t in there long. I liked the location because it was so close to SS, it hardly took any time at all for us to swing by and pick her up.
Thank you! It is only $49 on PLE and she would just be there to sleep overnight.

I just did a major Sam's run, including grabbing a Disney GC and my 5% didn't track. In my experience, if I don't get the alert immediately, it never tracks. Go ahead and open up a support claim. I am. I also had an expensive lunch at Buca di Beppo last week that didn't track so I need to open a claim on that. We had pizza for lunch today at a different place and that tracked immediately.
Back when dosh was all the rage I had my parents get it and it never would work for them. We tried everything to trouble shoot it and and it wouldn't track. It was always great for me. I hope this isn't a widespread issue now.

My dh & I went to see the Downton Abbey movie tonight. Anyone else seen it? We were huge fans of the series and the movie just felt like coming back home to me but forced in way, if that makes sense at all!?! Still liked it and I can see where they left all kinds of doors open for the next movie.

ETA: I love Branson. He is adorable and I love his devotion to the Granthams and I want him happy!!
We're going to see it in an hour!
Doc is reporting Timberline is closing... again.... :confused3 😭
ugh ugh ugh ugh ugh

Mom and I decided to go somewhere foe the weekend instead kf exchanging gifts at xmas, yay! I've wanted to do this but didn't want to suggest it but she did. We decided to take the ferry up to Victoria and go to buchart gardens to see their xmas display. The boys can come too because they allow dogs after 8pm so we'll have 2 hours. Then whatever else we decide to do. Haven't been there since elementary school so like 30 years which makes me feel OLD.

Found a motel that has a great pet policy, good reviews and good rates. Going to get a jr suite so the boys have a couch for while we're gone because they both allow you to leave pets for a bit and on the furniture.

And I get to earn points cause mom's one card charges for foreign trans so my newly upgraded csr will get a nice workout for the weekend 😁 Going the weekend of the 7th not actually over xmas and we'll still do stockings and stuff for the boys.

If one is approved for a Hilton Amex, can anyone tell me about how long it takes to arrive? I'd need it by October 8 at the latest. Is that reasonable, do you think, or am I too late?
I believe mine was 4 business days. You should be able to either call to have it expedited or they will give you the numbers online so you can use it immediately. I had about a quarter of my Delta MSR done through Samsung Pay before I ever got the card.

Hedging my bets for our Hilton Head DVC stay next spring paid off. A 2 bedroom room on points was 56 points for the last night of our stay. Just found it on Expedia for $423 with taxes.

Since I value points at a minimum of $12/pt that’s about a $249 savings. And now we get to stay a full week!

I have a Marriott problem! I booked a room in NYC for next month, I made the reservation on August 20th. My plan was to use DH's free night certificate for one night and points for the next. It must now be peak time because the reservation is showing 50,000 points a night! It was either 25,000 or 35,000 points a night. I called customer service and they were clueless. I have the original confirmation but it doesn't have the point amount on it.

I have a Marriott problem! I booked a room in NYC for next month, I made the reservation on August 20th. My plan was to use DH's free night certificate for one night and points for the next. It must now be peak time because the reservation is showing 50,000 points a night! It was either 25,000 or 35,000 points a night. I called customer service and they were clueless. I have the original confirmation but it doesn't have the point amount on it.
bonvoyed. :mad:
I hope you can find someone to help. Did you try the twitter team?

I cant find anything on Timberline, I wonder where it came from? If you read the post the previous date about the limited menu links to some semi off the wall comment... just saying they cant grill bc of the smoke in the air at the airport (uh DEN has multiple steakhouses) and that's also why they closed the smoking lounge (or maybe its because the entire airport went smokefree?)
This is my fault, I’m sure. We just PCed a CF to a CSR. Was excited to have PP for Timberline again 😕
😢

1569189918721.png
It is now on the priority pass site - after 16Oct19 Timberline is no longer part of the program.

Welcome to my world:(

I don't think they will do anything since your certificate wasn't attached. I hope they do. Keep us posted.

Yeah I got something in the mail from them. Took about 4 months to get the bonus but I understand the patience that comes with these. Hope you're able to get it as well.
Thanks! I don’t see anything on their site, but maybe I’ll stop in once or their branches and ask next time I am near one.

You've been #bonvoyed. :sad2: Same thing here, only I booked 4 nts at 50k points each, and now those nights cost 60K. I plan to call when the cert arrives, but we don't have it yet. I'm really unhappy with Marriott right now. We travel during peak season, and paid the AF on our card based on the fact that 50K would get us a free night where we wanted to stay. Please let us know what happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter