I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I did use other. Looks like I need to call. called the status line and it wants to transfer me right away. Uggggh.
Got DH to call in tonight (I am too chicken to try to impersonate him on the phone. It has never worked for me). It was just verification. Approved for the IHG card with the higher bonus (125K points). This will be a keeper card for the FNC.

Joining in in the Toy Story Mania talk! My husband and I are super competitive. It's our favorite ride. And yes @PolyRob we know the tricks and usually work well together and get them all.

We both had in our vows (which we wrote independently) that we wouldn't be upset when we lose and wouldn't gloat when we win, some variation of that. I used to go on solo trips before he was in my life, and I used to kick his butt when he first started coming with me. But he's gotten up to speed and now we each have an equal chance of winning. One time he had a streak of 10 wins in a row and I got super upset. He had to remind me of the vows lol. I'm still sour about it and bring it up often haha!

On our Epcot days, we normally start at Hollywood Studios and make Toy Story our only FP+ then hop to Epcot. Seriously we love this ride. Our original wedding plans even included a ride mix in, but then we switched things.

I think my fav parks would be:
Hollywood Studios
Animal Kingdom
Epcot
Magic Kingdom

Sacrilege to put MK last I'm sure. But DHS is number one easily. Not only Toy Story, but 50's Prime Time/Tune In are very special to us. I still keep in touch with the first server I ever had at Prime Time, he and his wife were even at our wedding. And a few of the bartenders know to start us Electric Lemonades as soon as we walk in (old recipe only please! This was the signature drink at our wedding too!). Haha Hollywood Studios is my heart :)

50's Prime Time - I haven't eaten there in ages since I think of it as a place to go in groups! We've stopped in the bar and gotten a milkshake a few times in recent years.

On one occasion we had all my kids at our table and my neighbor was also there with his family at a separate table. We had planned to meet up at 50's but couldn't get a table big enough for all of us. He got up and came over to talk to us and this set the waitress in motion to drag him back to his own table by his ear. It continued on from there. They made him stand in a corner, and numerous other things; he just kept getting in trouble, and he played along which kept his kids in stitches as well as mine. Same family had just had dinner with us all at Chef Mickey's the night before to celebrate younger daughter's birthday. The mom was my daughter's daycare for all her elementary school years, and then they moved. We still miss them.

Please explain why the the pants I have worn to work many times, and thus washed many times, turned my legs blue today.. :confused3

Jeans? Maybe you jumped in the shower and never noticed before? Did you change detergents or wash them with something else that was bleeding dye?

50's Prime Time - I haven't eaten there in ages since I think of it as a place to go in groups! We've stopped in the bar and gotten a milkshake a few times in recent years.

On one occasion we had all my kids at our table and my neighbor was also there with his family at a separate table. We had planned to meet up at 50's but couldn't get a table big enough for all of us. He got up and came over to talk to us and this set the waitress in motion to drag him back to his own table by his ear. It continued on from there. They made him stand in a corner, and numerous other things; he just kept getting in trouble, and he played along which kept his kids in stitches as well as mine. Same family had just had dinner with us all at Chef Mickey's the night before to celebrate younger daughter's birthday. The mom was my daughter's daycare for all her elementary school years, and then they moved. We still miss them.

We actually stopped eating at Prime Time after our friend stopped working there. I don't love the food. But we definitely spend a lot of time at the bar! As long as one of the old school bartenders that knows how to make our drink is there. Alena, Dave M (from Wisconsin), and Julie. There's another Dave, he's from NJ. Actually the same town my mom grew up in and that my husband and I currently live in. But he doesn't remember the old recipe unfortunately. Home away from home lol.

We are booked on a 7am flight with SW to come home Jan. 13. I paid $84(well, whatever the points equivalent was). I have been stalking the 11am flight for months but it has been running between 139-159. I just logged on and it was $89! I went to switch and got the message that I could change my flights for free. Looks like SW is making some changing in Jan.

Chase offers on biz cards now!

Been seeing the option in the app but it didn't work, was just blank so I thought it was a app glitch. Report on r/churning that offers are up and confirmed. I have just one offer, the same one for both Ink cards. SW Biz not showing the offers section right now for me and the drop down is a little glitchy for me, had to go into each card first before they showed up in the drop down to select, so not sure if that card isn't eligible yet or just an app thing right now.

ETA- forgot the link if anyone wanted to follow,

Last edited:
My husband and I show quarter horses, which is a specific breed of horse that's known for its versatility in competing in different events. So I show in a class called Hunter Under Saddle. I wear the outfits with the knee high boots and tan pants and the little black helmets. My husband shows in the Western Pleasure. He's a cowboy, complete with a cowboy hat, chaps, and spurs haha. We show in classes that are judged on how well our horses move and perform.

Here's a video that shows the horse show we're heading to tomorrow. Minute 1:16 shows what my husband shows in, 1:20 shows what I show in.
Thank you! It looks like a beautiful and fun hobby? (Job?). I’ve never even ridden a horse!

Same here. I think I beat DH one time, and he trounced me the rest of the time. I got lucky and hit some huge jackpot thing. DH's first "real job" was testing video games, which means playing them all day long and looking for errors, so he's good at this stuff compared to me. That job also cured him of ever wanting to buy video games so that was a win-win. :rotfl:
That sounds like my DH’s dream job

We are booked on a 7am flight with SW to come home Jan. 13. I paid $84(well, whatever the points equivalent was). I have been stalking the 11am flight for months but it has been running between 139-159. I just logged on and it was $89! I went to switch and got the message that I could change my flights for free. Looks like SW is making some changing in Jan.
Was just coming here to post this...
SOUTHWEST free change loophole is back from at least 1/13 through 2/1 (perhaps other dates too)
If you’re wondering how to capitalize on this please read THIS COMMENT and let’s try to keep discussion of this one on DISchurners :D

Chase offers on biz cards now!

Been seeing the option in the app but it didn't work, was just blank so I thought it was a app glitch. Report on r/churning that offers are up and confirmed. I have just one offer, the same one for both Ink cards. SW Biz not showing the offers section right now for me and the drop down is a little glitchy for me, had to go into each card first before they showed up in the drop down to select, so not sure if that card isn't eligible yet or just an app thing right now.

ETA- forgot the link if anyone wanted to follow,
I have 20% back at sun basket (no idea what that is) and an offer for ADT

Having a tough time booking my train tickets in Italy. Because we are travelling the day before Easter, tickets are three times the normal price. Can anyone confirm that I can just walk up and purchase my train tickets? Doesn't seem advantageous to purchase in advance since there is no discount. In other words, should I worry about them selling out? I am travelling from Rome to Venice.
I would buy in advance if you can. Granted this was probably 20 years ago (yikes!) but my sister and I travelled by train from Florence to San Gimignano on Good Friday. Or at least that was the plan. The train was so packed, I’m talking people standing everywhere crammed in, that when we got to our destination we physically could not get off the train. We just couldn’t move. So we ended up getting off at the next stop, which was Sienna so we stayed there instead and loved it, but I digress.
I don’t remember when we bought the tickets, but I think for Easter weekend there’s a good chance of it being sold out.

Edited to fix my atrocious spelling of San gimignano - still not sure I got it right

Last edited:
BUT it is kind of exciting to see any offers at all on a biz card. I’m hopeful for more offers

I got a Rite Aid 10% back up to $4 on a CIP for both me and my husband. So that's definitely one I can use for Disney gift cards. Those were the only 2 cards out of 7 total chase biz cards between the 2 of us though. Hopeful for more going forward too.

I got a Rite Aid 10% back up to $4 on a CIP for both me and my husband. So that's definitely one I can use for Disney gift cards. Those were the only 2 cards out of 7 total chase biz cards between the 2 of us though. Hopeful for more going forward too.
I looked up sun basket and it’s one of those weekly meals thing that are delivered to you. We just don’t do that kind of thing.

Whoa the medium easypress is $160 now??? I got the first one for $80ish after a portal
Yes, crazy about the price, right? That is why I would consider this for the difference. Camel Camel Camel shows the lowest it sold for was $150 so I will watch it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter