I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
[
I love all the old Disney movies. I watched them growing up, even though they were older then. Now my kids have grown up on them. ‘Parent Trap’ is good too if you’ve not seen it. I think Disney+ has both old and new ones.
I’ve only seen the newer parent trap so I might need to watch the old one. I really haven’t seen that many old movies
I think I can still recite the old Parent Trap. My sister and I discovered it one summer and watched it nonstop. Let’s get together yeah yeah yeah... it’s really the only old live-action Disney movie I can remember watching.
The Lindsey Lohan one is super cute too.

I caught an exchange to Boulder Ridge Villas! :cheer2: So now we're going Spring Break instead of Thanksgiving. Just me and the kids since DH is busy. Maybe we'll go to Universal for Thanksgiving instead. Going to use my Delta vouchers from before, but they only have flex tickets.

So question - is it possible to upgrade a shorter flex ticket to a longer date based ticket and get price bridging? Wondering if this would be more advantageous since the flex is more expensive and my voucher may not cover the whole amount (after adding in 2 or 3 hotel nights after the DVC stay).

[

I think I can still recite the old Parent Trap. My sister and I discovered it one summer and watched it nonstop. Let’s get together yeah yeah yeah... it’s really the only old live-action Disney movie I can remember watching.
The twins names are the same as my sister’s and mine. I always wonder if it’s a coincidence or if my parents were lazy.

Oh heck no on the swinging gondolas!! We split up, dh and ds went on the swinging, and dd and I stuck to the safe ones LOL. Not a chance!
I never have issues with rides, not Star Tours, not Tower of Terror. We do Mission: Space Orange. Got on the Disneyland Fun Wheel and I was nauseated before we were half way up. Didn’t know there were 2 lines, apparently I didn’t notice. Note to self for next trip.
I have 4 bedrooms and they were full for Thanksgiving. I don't anticipate them being full again until next Thanksgiving. I don't need a house this big. I want to fix it up and sell it. Not likely though.
I need a bigger house. Crammed to the gills in our tiny house and I feel like DS as a teen will need more space. Plus I have a hard time entertaining more than 3 people.
I got this one as well! I am going to probably try to find a way to use it online (Disney Christmas decorations?!). Sadly I don't have a Lowe's very close to me. If it were HD I have about 100 of those 🤣
Right? We have 2 HD within a few miles. The closest Lowe’s is 15 miles away. Fortunately it’s a short-ish detour on DHs way home from work. When absolutely necessary, I will have him stop but adding to his commute when he gets home at 7:30 pm already is something I try to avoid

[I think I can still recite the old Parent Trap. My sister and I discovered it one summer and watched it nonstop. Let’s get together yeah yeah yeah... it’s really the only old live-action Disney movie I can remember watching.
Yes! Same for my cousin and I. We discovered it one summer and watched it over and over as well. I love that movie! I think the new one is cute too.

I’m SO glad we had already booked OCMD for next August w/ points at the Hyatt. This is making me very itchy to book our Dec trip (which I assume will open Jan/Feb sometime). @Judique is OCMD the one you were worried about?

Whaaaaaat? I love the original version. It's so much better IMHO and probably my favorite Disney movie (well, that and Mary Poppins). I really hope you get the chance to watch it. :)

Fortunately Publix had a buy 2 get 2 free on diet dr p because...heading to shun corner now...I don't like Mary Poppins at all (I did really enjoy Saving Mr Banks, however). But, other than Grease I hate musicals (they're not realistic-who breaks into song) so that's why. At least the shun corner has good food and drink😁

:offtopic: ATTN: DISchurner Hamilton fans

Baby Yoda and Hamilton music <3
...AHEM... you're late to the game... :P :P :P :P

OK OK - who’s cutting the onions???

Thank you - I'm having a stressful week and this is exactly what I needed this afternoon. :love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love:
Oh. My. Word. I can't wait to show this to DH and DD!!!! 😍😍😍 Thanks for sharing!

Wait a minute...am I like...invisible now?? 🤣 🤣 🤣

See if I share any more baby yoda videos with you ungrateful DISchurners...
tenor.gif

Last edited:
@SouthFayetteFan and any other bankers out there. I just had the most frustrating experience with HSBC. They made their old app obsolete, forcing users to install their new app. Went to deposit a check today and couldn't access my account because it sent a verification code to my "old device" (even though I've had the same phone number for 10+ years). So I call HSBC and the nightmare began.

The CSR had to text me a code, then once I got that I needed to enter it, then would be prompted to send myself an e-mail for another code (such silliness). HSBC is now requiring users to create a separate password for their phones and laptops. This doesn't work for me because I want 1 password for each bank (I don't want 2 passwords for HSBC as I will never remember them). The girl on the phone kept insisting that I just add another letter or number to my password for my phone, and I held fast and said there was no way I'd remember that as I rarely use HSBC (Chase is my daily banking) and I only want 1 password. She was telling me how it's more secure to have 2 different passwords, but wasn't able to articulate what made having 2 passwords more secure (she was also trying to tell me that when I logged in on my computer I'd be using a "password" and on my phone a "pass code"; I must have been her nightmare because I told her the words are synonyms, even though she kept insisting they meant something different). I asked if my account could be set up to bypass the requirement for a unique password for my phone, but was told (after a lengthy hold) that that couldn't be done. After 1 hour, 10 minutes of sheer frustration on the phone she told me that if I wanted to bypass activating this nonsense I could hit an area where it said "complete activation later" and it would take me to my account. I have no clue why she waited over an hour to tell me this. I felt required to leave a negative review of the app during the phone call and was relieved to see that most of the other reviews gave the app 1* just as I did (I would have preferred to leave no star).

Incidentally HSBC already requires user id, date of birth and password to login, which is more than any other banking app that I use. I was wondering during the phone call how difficult it would be to move this account elsewhere -- that's how frustrating the call was. Alas HSBC Premiere holds our mortgage (just renewed) and we get a very sweet rate, so it seems unlikely that I have the option of moving to a more user-friendly bank.
I just want it to be known that I stay as far away from consumer banking as possible. I think this should be on the record... 🤣 🤣 🤣

When I have to sit in a branch even for an hour or two (which only happens a few times a year) I cringe the whole time and can't wait to leave, HAHA! I am NOT at all interested in touching consumer banking with a 39 and a half foot pole!! :duck:

@SouthFayetteFan - I think I've sold her on the Bethany hotel for a couple nights - I also have a 50K. Can't beat that cents per point value. My question - is the pool with the retractable roof a year round pool?
It appears like it would be year round... I sure hope they have the ability to crank up the heat in there AND keep the floors warm though, lol. It is on the roof!

I need a bigger house. Crammed to the gills in our tiny house and I feel like DS as a teen will need more space. Plus I have a hard time entertaining more than 3 people.

I felt like that for years, but now I'm so glad we didn't get a bigger house since it's just the 2 of us here most of the time. I have friends trying to downsize and it's such a hassle.

Fortunately Publix had a buy 2 get 2 free on diet dr p because...heading to shun corner now...I don't like Mary Poppins at all (I did really enjoy Saving Mr Banks, however). But, other than Grease I hate musicals (they're not realistic-who breaks into song) so that's why. At least the shun corner has good food and drink😁

I break into song ALL the time! lol Probably drive people around me bonkers because I can't sing. Well, in my mind I sing awesome, but thinking in everyone else's mind, not so great. Random words will trigger songs with those lyrics to come out of me. haha I love musicals. But at least you like Grease!

sorry to quote myself, but for those of you who have used this card and the 'eraser'- do you really have 90 days to erase a travel purchase using miles? does this include a purchase thru their hotels.com link?
I’ve never used the hotels.com link but I would think it would work. I also don’t wait 90 days to erase. I try to erase right away so I don’t have to pay for the charge at all.

A comment regarding AA shutdowns...
If you frequent r/churning or Flyertalk, you may have seen reports circulating of AA shutdowns. In general most of the chatter around this is accusational, void of any facts, and generally not helpful. However, it does appear that people are having their AA accounts shut down or at least placed under review - mostly due to creating multiple AA accounts with the same address.

Mind you, this is an AA Shutdown...NOT a Citi Shutdown...

At any rate - you might consider reading up on this on r/churning. Also of note, a previously mentioned strategy to generate additional AA accounts with the same email was mentioned on our AA thread on DISchurners. I have responded with my own personal disclaimer on that. See that here:
To be clear - if you were not creating tons of AA accounts in an effort to secure mailers this likely does not apply to you. For those still interested in pursuing this strategy, I recommend you take all discussion to the DISchurners reddit thread for Citi AA cards since that is an "advanced" topic.

EDIT: I think the info on flyertalk is in this thread on the more recent comments: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ame...ed-fraud-award-miles-swu-sale-barter-etc.html (I haven't read it myself because I really dislike the FlyerTalk format and I dislike many of the people on FlyerTalk even more than that, lol)

Last edited:

But it's Mary Poppins!!! Head over to the shun corner! It's ok, I'll be there too since I don't have Disney +. I'll bring the new stroopwaffel ice cream minis that DH just brought home from TJs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter