I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would anyone happen to know if a DVC purchase (direct from Disney) would count as travel with Chase or US Bank Altitude??? Wondering if it will trigger the travel credit for either one. Getting ready to open DH a card that will offer Priority Pass and TSA Precheck credit. Think I'm just going to go ahead and get the Reserve for him. Really debated the US Bank one, the effective AF would be pretty much non-existent. 3x on mobile wallet purchases is tempting.

But maybe we should have him focus more on chase right now and then move on from there. He's technically 2/24. Also debating a modified DD. We could knock out 2 MSR with the DVC purchase. I looked on the reddit board, but was unsure of actual outcomes. Has anyone done it here, with success? Not looking for a shut down and DH will not want to call if something goes wrong. I'm probably making this more complicated than it needs to be :crazy2:. What would you do?
  • Chase Bus. Ink Pref 11/6/2017
  • Chase Bus. Ink CASH (FEIN) 1/10/2018
  • #1 American Express SPG 1/15/2018
  • #2 Chase Freedom 1/24/2018
  • Amex SPG Biz 3/20/2018
  • CIP (with FEIN) 1/23/19
  • Citi AA Biz 2/23/19

calls pop by the right word wouldn't let me down! :rotfl2::thumbsup2

Growing up in TX, we made fun of anyone who used the word "pop" :laughing:- had to say with exaggerated nasal tone - In TX, it's all coke. You go out to eat and the waitress asks what you want to drink. You say you want a coke and she asks, "what kind of coke would you like"? And you say, "a Dr. Pepper, please"...just cause Dr Pepper is the best!

What are rotaries??

Would you still say "you guys" if talking to a group of ladies?

Yes. At least I do, I think of it as a generic term just like "they". I have to stop myself and try to add "gals" in case someone cares, but we all said "hey you guys" even if we were a group of females. It's not really a gender thing. If that can make sense.

Edit: And most people don't care because we all know it's not a gender thing, but a group thing. But occasionally people are touchy and take it the wrong way... maybe they're not from around here :)

LOL! Not many people have. I think it's just RI and MA. My DH is from neighboring CT and never heard of it!
Funny I don’t say bubbler either but it’s not weird for me to hear others say it!
I say you guys and I’ve never in my life heard of a rotary
What are rotaries??

Would you still say "you guys" if talking to a group of ladies?
Haha! They are roundabouts I guess others call them. And in my area they are deadly no one knows how to drive around in one!!!!!

And yes a group of ladies would still be you guys. And ordering a Coke also includes Pepsi.
Way too long lol. Why use two words when you can go with one syllable?!
Please if I ever said y’all I’d be laughed at.

Today we opted for something extra and it was so worth it! The Al Maha can organize a private dinner among the dunes under the stars. The food was outstanding as always. The guide dropped us off and said he’d be back in about 90 minutes unless we rang for him earlier. He left a phone for us to reach him. We enjoyed every moment. Unfortunately my iPhone doesn’t quite capture the star filled sky.

0987D8CF-6B49-4270-86B2-61CF4C8A8B65.jpeg

389E4DFC-DEF6-4940-9A3B-A61EA0631249.jpeg

02E00DF1-A3F6-4A13-A783-DE0BBB7CDBB4.jpeg

Well, in actual cc news, dh was instantly approved for a Citi AA personal card. If he gets all the matches and gets the Barclay aviator that I sent in verification info for, he will have 185k AA miles. If I get my matches, I will have 197k AA miles. It's enough for us to just about cover 5 nights at Pop (2 rooms) and 4 nights at YC (2 rooms). Not a bad deal since I just got on the grAAvy train 2 mos ago!

If you think about it it is kind of weird!
I just think of 'guys' as being very gender specific, and I was definitely brought up in a very traditional way with respect for the gender differences. So, it feels weird to me but I'm sure in your neck of the woods, it's completely normal and like you said, you would get laughed at if you used "y'all" or they might tar and feather you if you said "all y'all" lol!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter