I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are you negotiating the offers? maybe go to Colorado and say FL is offering a higher amount then get CO to go higher than go back to FL. I tried negotiating with a company tho and they pulled my offer so could be risky, but I think its worth it.
Colorado actually offered more, but when you compare it to housing costs it’s a big difference. Also the Florida company offered a sign on bonus while the Colorado one said they won’t do that.

That’s funny that your order is so different lol. I would put Virginia up higher but Dh isn’t as excited about that job so I don’t think we’re entertaining that one.

The salary comparison would be huge in Florida compared to Colorado. The houses are about half the cost in the areas we’ve been looking in and both companies offered a similar amount. Dh is very interested in both jobs. At first he was more interested in the Colorado company but now he has switched after reading up more about each. He said the one in Florida is a lot more personal and his offer there was a lot better.

The reason the CO company didn't offer a ton more despite homes costing more is that they like to tout 'quality of life' here. There are very few days of the year that people are not outdoors jogging, riding bikes, etc. People are moving here right and left. It's one of the fastest growing states and has been for years. It's not because salaries are higher than avg. People want to live here just because. They don't need to 'lure' you with incentives.

Homes are higher but few things to consider. Property taxes, especially in Littleton (Jeffco) are pretty low. Like really low. Insurance rates on home and car will be lower in CO than FL. When we were looking at homes in TX and FL last year at this time, despite buying a cheaper home, the monthly payment was either going up (TX) or not much less (FL).

Consider all your costs. Groceries, gas, utilities, etc. There is more to a COL than houses. There is no state income tax in FL so that is a big win but then what is the difference between local taxes. Those are costs you incur all the time. I can tell you in the Littleton area, local taxes are an average of 5'ish%

Ultimately, it should come down to job and which does your dh prefer :) Good luck with the decision.

The reason the CO company didn't offer a ton more despite homes costing more is that they like to tout 'quality of life' here. There are very few days of the year that people are not outdoors jogging, riding bikes, etc. People are moving here right and left. It's one of the fastest growing states and has been for years. It's not because salaries are higher than avg. People want to live here just because. They don't need to 'lure' you with incentives.

Homes are higher but few things to consider. Property taxes, especially in Littleton (Jeffco) are pretty low. Like really low. Insurance rates on home and car will be lower in CO than FL. When we were looking at homes in TX and FL last year at this time, despite buying a cheaper home, the monthly payment was either going up (TX) or not much less (FL).

Consider all your costs. Groceries, gas, utilities, etc. There is more to a COL than houses. There is no state income tax in FL so that is a big win but then what is the difference between local taxes. Those are costs you incur all the time. I can tell you in the Littleton area, local taxes are an average of 5'ish%

Ultimately, it should come down to job and which does your dh prefer :) Good luck with the decision.

Plus, Colorado has dispensaries! ;)

I’ll just add one other thought...even if you don’t need AA miles for flights, even if you don’t need them for hotels/cars, if your ONLY use of them is for Disney gift cards (at the terrible 0.4cpp rate)...I’d still consider going for 4 dummy offers a year! The AF is waived yr 1 so no cost there. The mailer cost is also out of your way now. So a dummy offer would get you $200 cash + ~$170 worth of Disney gift cards with no match. (So $370 for $2k MSR @ 18.5% on a biz card they doesn’t hit your credit report). If you can score the 20k match it ends up being $450 ($250 Disney gc + $200) @ 22.5%. You aren’t using a 5/24 slot and you’re getting cash and Disney gift cards out of it.

Food for thought for those not on the train but interested in cash and Disney gift cards.....

Yeah, because there’s talk that AA will be scrapping their award charts too.

Ok I’ll give one more AA thought...

Pursue this with the understanding that it could go away. You could be in the middle of working on an MSR and it could stop. You could spend $100+ on Plastiq/Venmo and get nothing.

I don’t say this to stop people from doing it, just know the risk going in. This is sort of in the same vein as AMEX RAT denying bonuses except this time you’re exploiting a loophole and don’t really have a leg to stand on. I’m hitting this HARD personally (but also accepting the risk that I could get burned in the middle of an MSR).

Is there a downside to getting the Amazon Biz card? No MSR, no annual fee, doesn't hit your CR. Seems like a free gift card and something I can just set as my Amazon default and get about the same as going out and buying Amazon gift cards with my CIC (or Freedom).

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter