• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Y'all are all seriously the best! Sorry for the incessant questioning. I can quote Disney stats all day long, but I know next to nothing about Universal.

A few more details for those that are curious. Right now, I have flights booked arriving at MCO at 10:30 p.m., and then a flight going out two days later at 8:45 p.m.. Travelers will include me, DH, and DS9 and DS6. DS5 is about 46 inches or so - he's tall enough for FOP, but I'll know he will be too short for a few rides at Universal. This is a SURPRISE trip that we are only doing because I can get it basically FREE with points - woot woot! DH gets motion sickness (ok with FOP, but always skips Star Tours) so I'm somewhat worried about the rides at Universal for him. Right now, I'm considering these three options:

1. Two nights in a Cabana Bay Volcano View Room: ~40,000 UR total
2. Two nights at Portofino: ~79,000 UR total
3. One night at the Hyatt MCO (due to late flight), One night @ EP Hotel (all options are available for a 1 night stay): ~67,000 UR total

Two day P2P tickets will wind up being being a little over 70,000 UR.

Is this a crazy plan? I would never do such a short, fly by night kind of trip without CC points!
Option 3 for sure. Just got back and did 3 nights at RPR. There is a lot to cram in! You can check in at 6am and have them store your luggage and head over to the parks. I found EP necessary but we were over Presidents weekend. By 10am nothing was under 45 minutes. We waited and average of 20 for most rides. Forbidden Journey made me so nauseous. And the Hollywood rid ride coaster too. A lot of 3D/4D so DH should sit some out. I like hanging at the Duff Brewery i. Simpson land (my fave part of all the parks!)

I tried to board the train today and got an auto denial. I'm not sure if I made a mistake on my app or what happened. I haven't applied for anything since my CIP in December. And am only 1/24 otherwise. (I know that's Chase not Citi but just for reference). Has anyone successfully reconned a Citi Business?

They just look at Chase personal and business card limits
That was not true in my case, they looked at my overall CL. My Cl with Chase was plenty in line, and I was denied for too much available credit. Closed a couple non Chase cards and lowered my AMEX limits and a couple Chase limits, and then was approved later.

@Lain was that you that shopped Allen Edmonds? Just saw the AmEx offer for spend $300 get $90, expires 3/31

In other clothes news, Poshmark spend $50 get $15, expires 4/19.

Got one for Wayfair I might, maybe use - $75 for $15 (expires 3/18) - so I was going to throw the new SPG card a bone and add it there to give me a reason to use it - available on every card but that one. Oh well, more dust to collect :)

I actually prefer Cole Haan's leather shoes (and love when there's an Amex Offer for it), but I do have the Allen Edmonds offer and I'm contemplating buying a GC for resale purposes.

I've been very fortunate with the Amex Offers lately. I added a bunch of Amex Offers that I thought I might be interested in a while back, and then this week Amex rolled out many of those same offers in MR, allowing me to add those too and double dip.

I swung by Total Wine and bought a $100 GC that I'll use up eventually, and got $20 off and 2,000 MR. I bought a $75 GC to Wayfair, which I think I may just resell, and triggered $15 back and 1,500 MR. I bought $250 in GCs to 7 for All Mankind, which my wife might use eventually or I can resell, and triggered $75 back, 7,500 MR, and $7.50 worth of MR on Ebates. I'm sitting on a cartful of stuff from Boxed that I'll use my two Amex Offers on to get $20 back, 2,000 MR, and 2% MR on Ebates.

And here are two big offers -- spend $1,250 or more at Casper and get $250 back and 25,000 MR! We bought a Tuft & Needle mattress over Black Friday from Amazon, and we're coming up on the end of the 100 day free trial period. The T&N is alright, but I'm not in love with it. Casper is more expensive, but stacking the two Amex Offers with a discount code that I have is very tempting. My wife wants me to have a good night's sleep, because she doesn't want to have to deal with a cranky old me. So I'm going to swing by Casper's store here in SF this weekend to try some of their mattresses. If I like one, I'm going to pounce.

I love when the stars align!

ETA: I also did the $1 week/12 weeks The Economist subscription offer on MileagePlus Shopping for 1,600 United miles.

Did the $10/$15 off VGC deal with Amex Gold for 4x MR at Safeway on my wife's and my accounts.

And took advantage of some President's Day sales using MPX, Raise (7% off promo), MileagePlus Shopping, and Ebates.

And oh hey, can't forget that the 50k MR finally posted from my BGR SUB.

It's been a very productive week for points and miles, and I don't even have a MSR of my own to be working on!

Last edited:
Got to experience a side bonus to the churning game yesterday. My one year old DS decided my phone would be a fun object to throw into the toilet! Not good...was dreading having to tell DH. But then I remembered our cip came with insurance since we pay for them through our business. They are going to give me $500 towards a new one ($100 deductible). Not great but better than nothing. It was an iPhone 6 with a cracked screen so I was due for an upgrade. Besides an upgrade will help me meet MsR on a new card! Lol

Any suggestions on which phone to upgrade to? Needs to be iPhone as I don't like Android based operating systems.

Hate to hear about a water logged phone, but glad to hear a report of the CIP insurance. We have been paying our phone bill on that card for the insurance as well. I have cancelled all the insurance through Verizon.

Quick question for those who have booked through Capital One Venture rewards; I just booked my hotel + one way of my flights with the bonus 50k points since I just opened it. Going for a quick solo trip and excited to only pay the park ticket price (as I have JetBlue points for the way home!). Anyway, I got my confirmation with a reservation number, but cannot seem to add it to My Disney Experience. Says it can't be located. Is there a delay usually on this? Is the confirmation # capital one gave actually the same as the DISNEY confirmation? Just trying to figure it all out! thanks!

I think I've officially given up on AMEX for an ebags offer and will just use some of the Visa GC stash I have.

I will definitely keep the CSR, but I suppose no need to keep them both. I don't want to get Chase mad LOL. When is it considered okay to product change it? My older DD is an AU on the CSP and she uses it a lot and pays it off with her own money. But I could make her an employee on my new CIP instead. The regular old DD that I did last year was quite stressful, both on that day and later when I thought they might shut me down. I think I'd be leery of that option.

You can product change it after the fee shows up. I pcd mine to a Freedom Unlimited. My DD was also a AU on my card. She still has the CSP card and is still using it because I have not seen her since I got the new ones in the mail. Old one still works.

That was not true in my case, they looked at my overall CL. My Cl with Chase was plenty in line, and I was denied for too much available credit. Closed a couple non Chase cards and lowered my AMEX limits and a couple Chase limits, and then was approved later.
Can you tell me what card (biz or not) they denied you for and what total %age amount of CL was too much?

Noooooooo!

Do you need a backpack or toiletries bag imminently?
Not really. But the VGCs are from June and long ago came out of the budget, which is better than an AMEX offer for ~20% off :P I will wait for another good portal day at least, and just have a list ready.

Hmmm.. just thought... I think I can put those VGCs in on my car insurance... off to try.

I tried to board the train today and got an auto denial. I'm not sure if I made a mistake on my app or what happened. I haven't applied for anything since my CIP in December. And am only 1/24 otherwise. (I know that's Chase not Citi but just for reference). Has anyone successfully reconned a Citi Business?

Maybe it’s verification? I don’t think recon is as scary as chases Biz recon so I’d call when you get the letter.

Wow - what revenue and such did you put? Auto-denied is pretty definitive...I would definitely try to recon...but I have never personally reconned a Citi biz card.
I put $1500 revenue, 5 years in business (eBay and other selling) and my husband's income for household like I always do. I am actually really surprised about being denied as literally nothing has changed on my credit report. I'm really thinking maybe I made a mistake somehow on the app, but I can't figure out what. Side note: I do have a history of accidentally giving my husband's social instead of mine, they are eerily similar :rolleyes1
Maybe it’s verification? I don’t think recon is as scary as chases Biz recon so I’d call when you get the letter.
I really hate calling, but I'm going to have to probably, to find out what happened. Hopefully it was just a silly mistake. Serious disappointment and FOMO going on over here!

I put $1500 revenue, 5 years in business (eBay and other selling) and my husband's income for household like I always do. I am actually really surprised about being denied as literally nothing has changed on my credit report. I'm really thinking maybe I made a mistake somehow on the app, but I can't figure out what. Side note: I do have a history of accidentally giving my husband's social instead of mine, they are eerily similar :rolleyes1

I really hate calling, but I'm going to have to probably, to find out what happened. Hopefully it was just a silly mistake. Serious disappointment and FOMO going on over here!
Strange question, but what does their denial message say? Just like a "sorry we are unable to approve you at this time?"

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter