I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I totally agree with you but it's just how it is. Same for tea. If you ask for tea, that means 'sweet, iced tea'. If you want unsweetened, you must specify that. And if you want hot tea...well, they'd look at you like have 3 heads:laughing:
Well I don't drink tea so that wouldn't be a problem for me lol.

Will your 10 year old eat like an adult? Because I would just leave them as 9. No one will card them lol! I did that with my 10 year old a few years back he preferred the kids meals at sit downs anyways and you could order any counter meal with the plan

No, he is definitely a light eater. He's a foodie, but generally eats like a medium sized bird. I considered letting it roll, especially since it's Disney's problem that they had his age wrong for the past few years (I've called to update it before). But, I know they usually ask at prix fixe meals, and I would feel a little guilty saying he is 9 when he turned 10 eight weeks before..

We’ve stayed at pop, csr, por, and pofq and never had any major problems with buses. We just stayed at pofq in January and I think the bus only went to por one time. We always get to the bus stop at least an hour before the park opens and always leave a little while after park close to let people clear out. I wouldn’t swear off a value based on busing because pop had fantastic busing and I like that they have designated lines for each park

Honestly, we have only ever stayed at Pop because of the buses. Moderates have always turned me off in the past because of the internal bus loops and their large size. We've almost always had great bus experiences at Pop. Since we are taking a long trip in the middle of the summer, we want a resort with a nice pool, which is why I think a moderate would be best. Fingers crossed we like POR.

I know a few others have chimed in, but just wanted to say we stayed at POR last February and generally enjoyed it. The buses are fine except for that one moment at the end of the night when you're exhausted and you're stop #3 on the circuit and you've already stopped twice and why are there more people getting on this stupid bus don't they know it's time for sleep?

But otherwise, it's cool! The grounds are nice, the boat to DS is great, you can walk to POFQ and get beignets (note: not recommended from this Southerner, they taste correct, but they are too dense and don't correctly blow powdered sugar in your face when you take a bite).

:rotfl2: Lol, I think I understand. I remember last summer we were on our 4th day of rope drop to close and it was like 12:30 a.m. and about half the bus was singing YMCA and other songs and it was the WORST. Thanks for weighing in, I'm starting to feel a little less nervous about the stops now!

After sitting on my AA miles that I could never use to fly, since spring 2017, then having them stolen and fighting to get them back, I just burned through 75% of them booking a hotel and car for St. Louis LOL!!! Even though they had been useless, I still hate seeing balances go down. But free hotel, free car, plus flights on SW with CP/Points, makes for a darn cheap holiday weekend! Now, to see if I get 40k or 60k when I meet the MSR to get some more in there. Can't continue on the train any further though, until I hit my Delta Plat MSR, which is going to take awhile.

Did I miss the follow up to this story? How did you wind up getting your miles back?

ETA: Fixed quotes

Good news, just take the train thing-y or walk (depending on how much time you have once you deplane) to F. There isn't any special
screening or anything.

Bad news, it's not the best lounge-crowded and not many seats have outlets. But...fountain diet Coke and a "candy bar" so if you have a sweet tooth, take a container of some sort for plane snacks (I know this is technically forbidden but a few jelly bellys can't hurt-you can have my allotment since I gave up sweets for Lent).

I just did this yesterday. No problem getting from any concourse--they are all in a straight line on the train (A-B-C-D-E-F). I will say that the lounge was a bit underwhelming; lots of carbs and sugar options and not a lot of charging stations. There is a self-serve soda machine though, which I appreciate. (DH absolutely hates the AmEx lounges where you have to ask the bartender for a soda; I don't mind as much but I do prefer the self-serve machines.)

Awesome, with my luck they'd have that terminal locked down for international boarding passes only or something, so I figured I'd ask before I got hubby excited :laughing:

This will be our first lounge experience ever so we won't know any better if it's subpar or not. But a free drink of any kind and hopefully somewhere to sit that's not the floor is a step up from most of our trips :D I'm happy to have a chance to actually use a benefit I've paid for already! Thank you both!!

No, he is definitely a light eater. He's a foodie, but generally eats like a medium sized bird. I considered letting it roll, especially since it's Disney's problem that they had his age wrong for the past few years (I've called to update it before). But, I know they usually ask at prix fixe meals, and I would feel a little guilty saying he is 9 when he turned 10 eight weeks before..

Honestly, we have only ever stayed at Pop because of the buses. Moderates have always turned me off in the past because of the internal bus loops and their large size. We've almost always had great bus experiences at Pop. Since we are taking a long trip in the middle of the summer, we want a resort with a nice pool, which is why I think a moderate would be best. Fingers crossed we like POR.

:rotfl2: Lol, I think I understand. I remember last summer we were on our 4th day of rope drop to close and it was like 12:30 a.m. and about half the bus was singing YMCA and other songs and it was the WORST. Thanks for weighing in, I'm starting to feel a little less nervous about the stops now!

Did I miss the follow up to this story? How did you wind up getting your miles back?

ETA: Fixed quotes
You'll have a great time! The river at POR is so peaceful. We love walking/running along it when we stay in that area. We also like that you can use the pools at both POR and POFQ. The internal bus loops really aren't that bad.

Would you still say "you guys" if talking to a group of ladies?

Absolutely!

Just took the dialect quiz because I didn't want to miss out on the fun! Definitely got me in California, but interestingly, two of the three specific cities are in Southern California, and I was born and raised and lived my entire life until 2016 in Northern California. There, it had me in Santa Rosa in the North Bay, but I was always in the East Bay, except for a few years living on the Peninsula. Still pretty accurate! For me, the key words were "firefly" and "freeway."

Please tell me you don't use hella any more? I was so hapoy when that died out but it still lives in the bay area and I cringe whenever a friend uses it on facebook.

Pet peeve and I'm not even from there but itls not Ore-gone it's Ore-gen like in or begen.

Also, need to figure out why there's a helicopter circling over the house, dot hasn't posted about an accident on the freeway so it's worrisome. Seems to be gone now after 5+ minutes.

AMEX upgrade offers are very nice and warrant consideration! Anytime you can upgrade for a lucrative offer you avoid adding to the 5/24 count, have an MSR to distract you that "slows your roll" with other issuers, and it puts spend on AMEX cards which keeps the RAT off your back. Only you can decide if it makes sense, but 150k to upgrade seems nice! (I was done with Hilton points and now you have me going to check MY account to see if I have any upgrade offers, HAHA!)

So you're 4/24 and your personal card dates are:
05/17
07/17
01/18
09/18

IMO you can go with literally any card right now (personal or business). If you hit a personal card, you go to 5/24, but you're back to 4/24 in June and 3/24 in August. If you hit a business card you can subtract 1 from all those counts. If you hit NO personal cards the rest of the year, come early 2020 you'd be 1/24. What I'm saying is, you CAN get personal cards if you want to :) You have to get a SW personal card to get the CP so you need to be at minimum 4/24 come fall but unless you go crazy with personal cards that won't be a problem. This is the beauty of slow churning, you have cards dropping up that will free up slots as long as you don't hit personal cards too quickly now.

How do you plan to use your URs - do you cash them out, travel partners, or the portal? If you can't find a better use for them, are you happy with Cashback? Have you been following the discussion here that you can actually get a 2nd CIP with your SSN (you don't have to wait 24 months). That might warrant consideration as you could refer yourself and get 20k pts + 80k pts + 5k pts (yup 105,000 URs from one signup!).

Also good points. Not I'm back where I started and still have no idea which way I want to go. :rotfl2: It's DH that's going to get the CP next so I'm good there. I use URs for portal travel. We go away for a lot of weekends and use the points for hotels (not brand loyal) and for car rentals. I also transfer to SW when needed. I have been following the CIP #2 discussion and might do this for DH for his next card. I know it's not supposed to matter, but his has been open for a year now (actually going to close it soon) and my 80,000 are still pending so it makes me nervous to do another CIP so soon for myself.
And now I'm rethinking the apsire also. So many decisions. :goodvibes
I did get your Dischurners PM also. I've been on this thread (mostly lurking) for years and I think I'm the lone hold out for a reddit account. Never really wanted another social media account to keep track of. I'll probably get around to creating one soon though, I know there's a lot of good info on it. :-)

Growing up in TX, we made fun of anyone who used the word "pop" :laughing:- had to say with exaggerated nasal tone - In TX, it's all coke. You go out to eat and the waitress asks what you want to drink. You say you want a coke and she asks, "what kind of coke would you like"? And you say, "a Dr. Pepper, please"...just cause Dr Pepper is the best!

This is exactly right! All soft drinks in the South are cokes. Sprite is a coke. Mellow Yellow is a coke. Pepsi is a coke. When we say we want a coke it does not mean we want a Coca-Cola. I means we want a soft drink. The best way to spot a "Yankee" in the South is if they use the word pop for a soft drink!

I totally agree with you but it's just how it is. Same for tea. If you ask for tea, that means 'sweet, iced tea'. If you want unsweetened, you must specify that. And if you want hot tea...well, they'd look at you like have 3 heads:laughing:

So true. You're also looked at quite suspiciously if you say "unsweet" tea. I prefer to eat my calories, not drink them (hence diet Dr P!).

@Haley R -I never really understood hot tea until the first time I went to Ireland and it is soo different than here. It's brewed and in a lovely teapot and it's just...good. Otherwise tea is sort of brown dirt tasting water which I drink (of course, it's a requirement) but enjoy only in the UK and Ireland.

I know, right?!

I have two winter coats with tags still in the closet...I eventually stopped buying them!

I'm in New England and have not owned a winter coat in many years. I stay in the warm house, go to the garage to my car. Run (okay, walk fast) into buildings and don't linger out in the cold. I find it uncomfortable to drive in a bulky coat for the few minutes I might be outside. Don't ski, hate snow. Why do I live here, you might ask? My family is attached to the area and it's a good location for DH's line of work. Once the kids go off to college, I'm moving south. Hopefully DH will come with me. :D

Please tell me you don't use hella any more? I was so hapoy when that died out but it still lives in the bay area and I cringe whenever a friend uses it on facebook.

Pet peeve and I'm not even from there but itls not Ore-gone it's Ore-gen like in or begen.

I absolutely do NOT use hella. And you will be pleased to know that I pronounce Oregon correctly :)

LOL-my I had to break DH of the "freeway." One, I had no idea what he meant..."ooooh the Interstate" and two, seriously roads are anything but free.

I sometimes now say highway, but it will always be freeway to me :) Luckily, DH is also a native Californian until our move to Idaho, so he says freeway too.

:eek: No tea! Of any kind!?! Have you ever had sun tea in the summer?? It's perfection!

Eww no tea of any kind! Ick. Also agree with @Jaime4004 no coffee either of any kind, not even ice cream. Smells as bad as it tastes.

This is exactly right! All soft drinks in the South are cokes. Sprite is a coke. Mellow Yellow is a coke. Pepsi is a coke. When we say we want a coke it does not mean we want a Coca-Cola. I means we want a soft drink. The best way to spot a "Yankee" in the South is if they use the word pop for a soft drink!

I think it depends on where in the south you are, it's not the case in NC or at least not around Charlotte. It was soda there if anything. And I drink actually coke so if someone asked me what I wanted to drink and I said coke I wasn't then asked what flavor. But I know Charlotte is the "new south" and there's a ton of transplants from the north and midwest. I think it's a deep south thing.

I also still used a cart at the store not a buggy and I didn't cut things on/off. Living in CA and NC I was able to adapt when necessary, which is mostly using soda instead of pop unless you want a confused face staring back at you. Though I will NEVER call it The 5 or the 405, it's I 5 or I 90 or just 405.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter