I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
That doesn't surprise me. Way back I think it was something like book category x or above and it would cover your ceremony, flowers and cake. We had a groups department so they could have done something similar back then but any that we dealt with were generally couples only, maybe had a few friends going but the resort will provide the witnesses too I'm pretty sure. It may also have to do with laws down there, I don't recall them requiring a blood test or any information about getting the marriage license, so maybe the resort sets up getting the license. Where I remember a blood test being a requirement for Hawaii. I vaguely remember somewhere, maybe Jamaica but it could have been another island or Hawaii due to the blood test, that you have to be there x number of days before you can legally get married, I think it was only 3.

I would guess because there's more focus on couples/adults only resorts in Jamaica and almost all resorts are all inclusive that those are the incentives for people that want to get married. A lot of the other islands are more family resorts, there's more to do safely off property etc. I also think Jamaica itself, if not the resorts too, are for sure at wedding shows promoting weddings and tourism. It's the one destination, aside from Hawaii, that seemed to be booked for weddings when others were noting honeymoons.

That's just weird. If they were a blended family or had kids before they got married I could understand including the kids but to include extended family in a honey moon is different. As long as they had fun, sounds stressful to me.
We didn’t go because I’ve been to Jamaica (in ninth grade) and I have no desire to go back. Even at our resort it was sketchy and we always had to stay in a group

Last edited:
Southwest does fly there, you'd still have the $140 taxes and fees. Maybe if you get them the first day it wouldn't be too bad. Or you could decline..that might be best option.

Are you looking at SW from RIC? I can’t find anything with them.

We didn’t go because I’ve been to Jamaica (in ninth grade) and I have no desire to go back. Even at our resort it was sketchy and we always had to stay in a group
I’ve been to Jamaica too. I found it really nice. Maybe because I didn’t know it was supposed to be sketch...?? I even went into Montego Bay and shopped at the markets. Walked all around with zero issues. The people there were super nice. I found the driving a bit crazy and the housekeeping, that wanted us out at 7am so they could clean the rooms, rather annoying. Orherwise, it was all good :)

I’ve been to Jamaica too. I found it really nice. Maybe because I didn’t know it was supposed to be sketch...?? I even went into Montego Bay and shopped at the markets. Walked all around with zero issues. The people there were super nice. I found the driving a bit crazy and the housekeeping, that wanted us out at 7am so they could clean the rooms, rather annoying. Orherwise, it was all good :)
We went for my brother’s senior trip. Him and some of his friends went with some random guy to his house and let’s just say they came back not quite aware of their surroundings. That’s definitely bad judgment on their part but it was a guy sitting outside our hotel. While walking along the beach there were tons of stands with people heckling you to buy things and there were even cars parked in the trees. It was just super sketchy

We went for my brother’s senior trip. Him and some of his friends went with some random guy to his house and let’s just say they came back not quite aware of their surroundings. That’s definitely bad judgment on their part but it was a guy sitting outside our hotel. While walking along the beach there were tons of stands with people heckling you to buy things and there were even cars parked in the trees. It was just super sketchy
Every island has bad parts. Maybe y’all were in one?? Idk. Our area was nice. We only went to the beach at our resort which was a private beach so nobody selling stuff like that.

When we went into town and shopped, they absolutely were trying to get us to buy their goods but we’ve experienced that many places, including here in Orlando today lol! Seriously I was at the outlet stores today and I had a flashback of being in a foreign country where they are trying to ‘hawk their wares’. The center of the mall is just lined with the little booths and those people are pushy! They get mad too if you just politely say ‘no thank you’!

Every island has bad parts. Maybe y’all were in one?? Idk. Our area was nice. We only went to the beach at our resort which was a private beach so nobody selling stuff like that.

When we went into town and shopped, they absolutely were trying to get us to buy their goods but we’ve experienced that many places, including here in Orlando today lol! Seriously I was at the outlet stores today and I had a flashback of being in a foreign country where they are trying to ‘hawk their wares’. The center of the mall is just lined with the little booths and those people are pushy! They get mad too if you just politely say ‘no thank you’!
We saw those shops on our beach at our hotel. It was a private beach but there was a stretch between our hotel and the next that wasn’t private. That’s where people were selling stuff. It’s possibke we were just in a bad area.

I had given up on DH's PNC bonus. My original DD from NFCU apparently didn't work so I pulled that back and used Paypal. Waited patiently and nothing. Hit 60 days on Saturday, no bonus. I figured the rate on the account was worth it anyway for just moving our savings over. Watched email for a deposit notification, never got one. Logged in today and his bonus is there.

Now I need to check with my daughter and see if hers posted as well. Did the exact same thing on her acct.

Not sure if anyone answered you? I looked today and it had the $450 fee listed. I procrastinated too long!

Yes, I sent my sister an email referral, she was supposed to apply last night but got busy with something last night and forgot to apply. She tried to open the email referral today and said, "sorry, this offer expired". Oh well, I told her you snooze, you loose!!! Haha!

Hi, new here. I've been lurking for a little bit and decided I would join the fun. I'm looking at getting a new card and think I have settled on the a Saphire. Trying to decide between CSR and CSP.
I currently have IHG- 4/18 and Freedom Unlimited 5/15. Each card has a 5000 credit limit. Should I reduce the limit before applying for a new card? Im currently 23. I also thought about Hilton Ascend, but saw they decreased the opening bonus.
  • What amount of spend would you put on a card monthly (i.e. groceries, gas, insurance, cable, cell phone, other expenses)? Depends on the month. No less then 600-700. but could put more on for MSR.
  • Do you currently payoff your CCs in full every month or do you carry any balances/pay any interest? Every month
  • What airport(s) do you typically fly out of? FLL or MCO
  • Do you have a preference of Frequent Flyer program? JetBlue or SW
  • Does SOUTHWEST service your airport? Yes
  • Do you have a Hotel Rewards program preference? Interested in Hyatt and maybe Hilton
  • Do you currently have any travel points in any program? (if so, which programs and how much) IHG 100,000
  • What at your specific goals for churning credit cards? (i.e. Disney World Trip, Cruise, European Trip, Cash Back to pay-off a mortgage or student loans, etc. - you can have multiple goals too!) Going to Europe August 2020 and Hawaii June 2021. A few small, driving-distance weekend trips between then.
  • Who does your travel party consist of? (Spouse, Kids (& ages), other relatives/friends) SO- who could be a player 2.

(You also just missed the Bonvoy Biz at no annual fee in the first year, $95 AF second year, which ended yesterday; the fee on this card raised to $125 today, not waived.)
I know! That’s what triggered this whole thing, ugh

What do you mean SW doesn’t fly there? We’ve been to Beaches Negril several times and have flown into Montego Bay on SW. Is it on the other side of Jamaica?

Any time you search for SW flights from RIC to Montego Bay, it says there are no flights scheduled. It doesn't even give you an option to do something like fly to Atlanta and then connect, it just says the route isn't available.

You probably have to get to FLL first and then fly to Jamaica from there.

Unfortunately, SW is only good from RIC for flying to ATL and MCO. If I fly to FLL, I have to connect through ATL. Jetblue is better service for us for flying south, generally. Which is why I think I'm one of the only people in this group who doesn't have a Southwest CC and still doesn't know what a companion pass is haha.

Unfortunately, SW is only good from RIC for flying to ATL and MCO. If I fly to FLL, I have to connect through ATL. Jetblue is better service for us for flying south, generally. Which is why I think I'm one of the only people in this group who doesn't have a Southwest CC and still doesn't know what a companion pass is haha.

Right there with you. Until recently it would have taken 2-3 flights for us to get anywhere we like to travel so we don't have a CC and rarely fly with them.

Right there with you. Until recently it would have taken 2-3 flights for us to get anywhere we like to travel so we don't have a CC and rarely fly with them.

They used to run a great direct flight down to MCO daily several years ago. That's actually what DH and I fly for our honeymoon. They're bringing back direct MCO flights this August, but they're only available on Saturdays. It actually works perfectly for our September WDW trip, but otherwise Jetblue is still our best flight/points option.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter