I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's been a while. I haven't babysat since I moved towns last August. Before then, I was always getting payed cash and didn't report it under taxes. I'm interested, but a little cautious.
My dd doesn’t report babysitting earnings either. It won’t matter at all for a credit card app. Also, You can apply with what you think your business might make if you put a lot of energy into advertising yourself.

Just an additional bit of info, I got my business card using my eBay sales. My business income was super low. Maybe 1k if I remember and that was more of an amount if I listed everything I actually need to sell. Same for my dh.

It’s good to be cautious but don’t be too worried about it all :)

My dd doesn’t report babysitting earnings either. It won’t matter at all for a credit card app. Also, You can apply with what you think your business might make if you put a lot of energy into advertising yourself.

Just an additional bit of info, I got my business card using my eBay sales. My business income was super low. Maybe 1k if I remember and that was more of an amount if I listed everything I actually need to sell. Same for my dh.

It’s good to be cautious but don’t be too worried about it all :)
Interesting. This makes me feel a lot better :)
Do they ask for any kind of business verification?

You need to put your first and last name and your ssn. If you do this there should be no problem. Do not make up a name of PanIsMine babysitting services or something, then you will have issues. Please consider joining us on Reddit and showing your support to someone on this thread. Also additional information out there too.

Last edited:

Nope. They ask no questions. If your app goes pending, and most do, just let it ride through the system. If you call to question them about it pending, they will ask questions about your business. It’s best to not call.

I’m not sure how much advice you have received so I may be repeating what you know already. I’m sorry if so. If you apply, use your name as your business name, SSN instead of EIN and apply as a sole proprietor.

I put 3k, which is completely true and actually probably a bit under. She made 2k alone last summer. She also has a pt job so I put her total income at 5k, which is also less than she actually brings in. I would imagine she could have gotten approved with less even.

Thanks. DD has been selling on Poshmark so I would like to get her one. For some reason both my DDs are super reluctant. DD20 still only has the Discover and DD18 nothing! Grrrr. I’m thinking I just need to apply for them! I said would never do that to DH, but I made DDs so I think I am allowed. Haha.

Got my laptop already, fast and free shipping since it said it'd be here Monday. Now to get it set up. I'm not used to having a new laptop when my old one still works. Used to getting the blue screen of death and then getting a new one but this is an early bday present since they had the sale. Now I just need to figure out getting office, I think it makes more sense to buy it than pay 99/year.

Thanks. DD has been selling on Poshmark so I would like to get her one. For some reason both my DDs are super reluctant. DD20 still only has the Discover and DD18 nothing! Grrrr. I’m thinking I just need to apply for them! I said would never do that to DH, but I made DDs so I think I am allowed. Haha.
My dd is the opposite lol. She’s already asking when she can get her next card! Wants on the grAAvy train :)

Citi Biz app is throwing me a bit. For my Taxpayer ID I'm still putting my SSN? It says optional :confused3

Wait Citi is going to give me an instant card number? Think I could get that through Plastiq?

Last edited:
Those are all in the city though. Comparing inner city Huntsville to Madison is like comparing inner city Atlanta to Buckhead crime-wise. :) I assure you the west and north suburbs of Huntsville are as safe as anywhere in America. You would love it!
Okay you’ve convinced me lol. Plus we looked at the crime in Madison and it gave the exact same percent as winter garden, fl which we were considering. I’m not looking into anything in depth until Dh has an offer. He does have two phone interviews on Monday though

I did finally log in and pay my bill. Was hoping they were busy loading great offers and that is why it is was down. Ha. Didn’t see any great offers though.
Thanks - you reminded me to try again so I could pay my bill as well!

I was starting to worry that there was something weird for my GE app because it's taking twice as long to get approved for an interview. Whenever this kind of thing takes longer than I expect I always worry it has something to do with an unsavory family member having my SSN :( Good thing I've been logging in every day to check too, because today I am conditionally approved! Though I did not get an email. The other semi-good news is when I checked yesterday the soonest DEN appt was July, and today it is early May. Hopefully I will have luck like I did with DHs app; I plan on carrying my passport with me to work :) Or plan that trip to Vegas. OR even more of a reason to schedule the F&G trip, MCO has lots of time slots for the second half of April :rolleyes:

Just a reminder that they are actually RECOMMENDING that you interview on arrival at the 49 airports that do those......in case you have a trip planned before an actual interview slot. Might work out to be faster. I know it will be for us.....we are only close to one airport that has interviews so they are ALWAYS backed up.

Minimum spend question: I have a 2k MSR on the AA biz card with a $200 AA statement credit. I have spent $2k but it includes an AA flight. When the statement credit posts, will I have met the MSR or no? do I need to spend $200 more?
I would always meet the full MSR with all issuers. There is no reason to abuse a bonus and come up $200 short. Even if it works, I’d still do the right thing to keep things above board.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter