I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
this makes me laugh.... my DSIS records every book she's read her entire life... I kept trying but failing to record mine....I read at least 2-3 books a week and just gave up. That said, I don't know what a lexcile score is for reading ...and the concept of a 'reading level' baffles me (esp. for kiddos) I've always read what interested me,and I let my kids do the same. (they were homeschooled,prob. why I'm unfamiliar with the terms lol) Once I knew they could read fluently, it was up to them overall what to read. Kids picture books,comics,graphic novels,wimpy kid books (I had boys lol) it was all fine with me. (Within reason,we had a pg rating max in our household) I admit there are times when I've started a book,only to realize I'd already read it.... sorry I got swept up in the O/T posts too:rotfl2:
Apparently, the kids are assessed every year to try and determine at what level their reading comprehension is at which when maps to grade level. Many books have been given these lexcile scores. But the scores are all over the place like Grapes of Wrath is only a 680 but Robinson Cruscoe is 1360. And we have been doing exactly that letting DS read whatever especially since it is one of his least favorite things unless it is a book he really likes and then he can read it in a day. But his English teacher is now going to start requiring to read at their “level” which nothing he enjoys reading currently is.

I wonder if once you get CIP #2, if you can also get CIC and CIU #2?
It probably works. I haven’t seen any DPs on it though :)

I guess my other one was just in Q4 of last year because I had no EIN. Sorry I wasn’t looking at my spreadsheet when I answered. I just applied for my third business card with 24 month language but I’m going to see if the bonus still posts.
Oh - that makes sense. I just got excited for a minute because if there was a way around 1/90 that would’ve been awesome!

Fun Sunday Topic...
So I know it’s not Sunday for 10 more minutes lol...but somebody on r/churning posted this topic and I thought it could be fun for us on a Sunday (which is typically slower around here):
  • As we approach the end of Q1 what cards did you get in the 1st 3 months of the year?
  • And an added question for our group: what cards do you anticipate getting in the next 3 months?
  • Q1
P1: CIP
P2: Disney

• Q2
P1: Either CSR or CSP in late May and I keep wondering if I should try for a citi or Amex biz in the meantime
P2: CIP (which I guess tech the app was in Q1 but we don't know if he's approved yet)

I don't know if we're moving too slow, too fast, or just right. I feel itchy to get myself something else right now in case P2 CIP is denied, but then if it's approved I don't know if we'd be able to meet 2 high MSRs. I could maybe go for something with a low MSR like 1-2K but those are mostly personal cards, yes?

• Q1

• Q2
P1: Either CSR or CSP in late May and I keep wondering if I should try for a citi or Amex biz in the meantime
P2: CIP (which I guess tech the app was in Q1 but we don't know if he's approved yet)

I don't know if we're moving too slow, too fast, or just right. I feel itchy to get myself something else right now in case P2 CIP is denied, but then if it's approved I don't know if we'd be able to meet 2 high MSRs. I could maybe go for something with a low MSR like 1-2K but those are mostly personal cards, yes?
I know it can be tempting to go for another card since that one went pending but just embrace patience :) You don’t want to get in over your head on MSR once it is approved.

Fun Sunday Topic...
So I know it’s not Sunday for 10 more minutes lol...but somebody on r/churning posted this topic and I thought it could be fun for us on a Sunday (which is typically slower around here):
  • As we approach the end of Q1 what cards did you get in the 1st 3 months of the year?
  • And an added question for our group: what cards do you anticipate getting in the next 3 months?
The only thing I did was PC my NFCU cashRewards to a Flagship, primarily to get the multiple GE credits although I already had too many 1.5%CB cards.
For the next three months the only apps I plan on putting in is another Delta Gold since the last one was denied, and either a Chase Business or AMEX business.

• Q1

• Q2

I know it’s hard, but I’d wait until you know if the CIP is approved or not

On the CSR does the whole trip have to be charged on the card for trip insurance to kick in or can only a portion of the trip be covered?
My understanding from reading the T&C's is that it would require the whole trip, and if you use points to pay for it the points have to have been earned in UR. Now what I've seen DPs for is that an award ticket is covered if you pay the taxes and fees, but have never seen anything about split tenders.

Made it to Naples—it’s warm and sunny!
My understanding from reading the T&C's is that it would require the whole trip, and if you use points to pay for it the points have to have been earned in UR. Now what I've seen DPs for is that an award ticket is covered if you pay the taxes and fees, but have never seen anything about split tenders.
I don’t think that is true about having to charge the whole trip unless it changed recently. I called and asked when we cruised to Alaska and was told any payment on CSR got you coverage.

ETA I just read the pdf of benefits and it says you are eligible if a portion of your trip was charged to the card.

Tagging @CaliforniaGirl09 because she and her daughter hiked the Inca Trail last year with REI. We did a little hiking on our trip but only a very small portion of the Inca Trail around Machu Picchu. Our trip focused on the Sacred Valley, Ollaytantambo, Machu Picchu and Cusco (including Sacsayhuaman). Plus we did an extension to the Amazon. We loved Peru and could definitely see going back.

Thank you! I was thinking we might go next fall, but now I think we might try to hike Grand Canyon again then. I need to price it all out, but it looks like it might have to be 2021.

As long as you purchase from an actual computer using the website. DPs are that purchasing on a mobile device use a different processor and doesn't trigger. I haven't done Delta yet, only SW.

Thanks...will definitely use my desktop

Second question does it matter if I get a physical card or e-gift card ?

We did the Salkantay Trek, which goes on some of the Inca Trail, but is distinct. It was incredible, but strenuous. We got to over 15,000 feet one day. Loved the trip, and it was very nice as we stayed at mountain lodges every night rather than camping.

That would be more difficult vs the Inca Trail, correct? Which tour company did you use?

Fun Sunday Topic...
Q1: I got the SW biz to finish the CP (SW Priority in Dec). Dh is a reluctant P2.
Q2: Not-so-patiently waiting to apply for a (first) CIP in late April/early May. I think dh will go for one of the United cards early in Q2 because I need to see the increased availability for Australia. I really would like to refer him for a CIP but that will take some effort.

We're going slowly gathering Chase cards. I suffer daily from FOMO :sad::laughing:

He can come over and watch it at our house.

Down side of that show? Family birthday cake requests are getting more complicated - I mean, if these crazy brits can turn out these gorgeous desserts, Mom should be able to do it too, right?
My DS has become addicted to cooking shows lately but only the competitive ones. He loved Kids Baking Challenge & binge watched it. He has been baking every week. Baked Grandma’s bday cake-chocolate caramel layer cake. He also baked his own bday cake, a 3 layer rainbow cake. We’ll all be 400 lbs soon.

Last edited:
Fun Sunday Topic...

Slow churners here. I upgraded my personal amex Hilton to ascend and now to aspire. DH opened capitalone venture. Probably going for CIP #2 for him next. I might go for the CIC or CIU next. Also thinking about AA cards, have to do more research. Not just for potential Disney, but DH has flown on them 2x in the past two months. We haven't flown on them in probably 15 yrs but they have the only nonstop flight from our airport to visit his brother at their closest airport. So they're now on my radar.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter