I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone getting the Target Red debit card with the $50 off $150 coupon?

This is an all time high offer but I have no idea what to buy at target except a ton of paper towels lol.

Yeah, I rarely have anything I need to buy at Target. When they run the 10% off Target gift cards in Nov/Dec, I max it out and spend $270 for $300 worth of gift cards and it will take me a couple of years to spend that.

Sorry for anyone not interested but I have more from the Dh saga of jobs....

Colorado and Florida both gave Dh official offers today and they are both hefty. Dh stayed home from work today because he had 4 more phone interviews so he’s working from home. After mentioning the offers he now has offers from two more areas: Charlottesville, Virginia and Huntsville, Alabama. I think we are still pretty set on Florida but Dh’s self esteem has gone way up. He was feeling pretty down after the Orlando interview.

They gave us info about relocation packages and also dh’s start date which would be after our Japan trip so that’s really nice. It’s about two weeks after we get home, maybe not even that so that could be tricky. I think we’ll probably ask about coming down to look at houses.

Wow!
I've been in Florida for almost 15 years and I would move back to Charlottesville in a heartbeat. Man you guys have a lot to consider, so exciting. Makes me want to go apply for a million jobs haha.

I will admit I do not go to reddit a lot so if the info is there, feel free to point me over there. Are AA GCs triggering the statement credit on the latest AA Cit offer? And then you can sell through Raise or some other site?

Reason I am asking is I could make the MSR with my mortgage and Plastiq. Then if I could sell the GC, I would be able to make back the Plastiq fee (and then some). I probably still would take 40000 miles for $50 though.
Yes - AA eGCs trigger the statement credit. This isn’t a loophole or anything - the statement credit is for any AA purchase so GCs are above board :) I sell mine thru Raise (only slight issue there is you have to upload them and wait 45 days then to sell them based on their restrictions).

Last edited:
The handy bonus tracker on my CIU has disappeared, but I am getting close to meeting the MSR. Trying to decide what to do next. I am 4/24 until January 2020. The only real appeal to staying under 5/24 for me right now is getting CIP #2. If I just got the CIU in February is it too soon to go for it?

If I go for something else I guess I would want a Biz card to keep the CIP #2 as an option later on. Any recommendations? (I have CIC, CIU, CIP, and Hilton biz cards) Does the JetBlue Biz count against 5/24? I would love more JetBlue points. I'm worried that Barclays will be mad that I have zero spend on my JetBlue personal in the past year since we were using DH's that he just closed after the first year points and fee hit.

Colorado and Florida both gave Dh official offers today and they are both hefty. Dh stayed home from work today because he had 4 more phone interviews so he’s working from home. After mentioning the offers he now has offers from two more areas: Charlottesville, Virginia and Huntsville, Alabama. I think we are still pretty set on Florida but Dh’s self esteem has gone way up. He was feeling pretty down after the Orlando interview.

They gave us info about relocation packages and also dh’s start date which would be after our Japan trip so that’s really nice. It’s about two weeks after we get home, maybe not even that so that could be tricky. I think we’ll probably ask about coming down to look at houses.

Wow! Congrats to him for being so awesome that everyone wants him! :cool1:I'm a little jealous. I'm dying to get out of New England, but I'm the only one. My kids don't want to move and we're in a good area for DH's job. Some day...

Wow! Congrats to him for being so awesome that everyone wants him! :cool1:I'm a little jealous. I'm dying to get out of New England, but I'm the only one. My kids don't want to move and we're in a good area for DH's job. Some day...
I saw a report yesterday online about the top 10 cities where home values are falling because people are moving from those cities. All but 1, iirc, were in NE states. Why does everyone want out!?! Seems like such a beautiful place with a rich history.

Here you go @Haley R Just saw US News top 25 places to live in the US. Of course, I think most of these lists are full of bull, lol. But Melbourne, FL placed 25, Huntsville, AL placed 11th and Denver is 2nd and Colorado Springs is 3rd, not Littleton, but that is in between them so close enough.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/rea...-in-the-us-in-2019/ss-BBVKsyB?ocid=spartanntp

Huntsville also ranked #1 on the 25 most affordable places to live.
I just looked at purchasing power for all 4. Huntsville was the only one with above average purchasing power. Charlottesville was below average. The other two were close to average. That's based on average annual salaries so it's not super helpful.

I’m wondering if I should “redact” my churning links on the AA thing... I want to be responsible with this info and don’t want to cause any issue over there. I could just vaguely point to check out DISchurners instead...thoughts?

EDIT: I redacted the links. Let’s keep the discussion on this fairly vague. There’s no gain to us via support clicks so please consider advising people via PM or DISchurners where appropriate. With it being quiet on r/churning we don’t want our thread to show up on google searches on the topic.

Last edited:
I saw a report yesterday online about the top 10 cities where home values are falling because people are moving from those cities. All but 1, iirc, were in NE states. Why does everyone want out!?! Seems like such a beautiful place with a rich history.
Um, high taxes, rough climate, culture, etc. I could go on.

My parents' old house in a tony NYC suburb is worth less now than what they sold it for in 1998.

If the pilgrims were smart enough to look at the climate of where they landed I am thinking none of that rich history would be there because if they were smart they would have landed further south. :rotfl2:

I left NY because it was expensive. Now I know places are expensive for a reason LOL.

Um, high taxes, rough climate, culture, etc. I could go on.

My parents' old house in a tony NYC suburb is worth less now than what they sold it for in 1998.

What suburb? BRB going to go buy a house there lol.

Awesome news!!! Sounds like some exciting decisions and times coming up for you both so best of luck as you guys as you do as that!

It is beautiful and historic. And cold. Really cold. :rotfl2:DS was doing a school project last night about average amounts of precipitation each month in this year. 6 of the months had an average snow amount. That's just not right, winter shouldn't last 6 months. In the first and last month, the average was only 3 inches, but that's 3 inches too much... Of course it doesn't help my mindset that I was in FL yesterday with temps in the 80's, and home now with temps in the 30's. :( Besides that, there's a lot of things to love about NE. But it's a big factor for me.

Anyone getting the Target Red debit card with the $50 off $150 coupon?

This is an all time high offer but I have no idea what to buy at target except a ton of paper towels lol.
No, unfortunately I pulled the trigger too soon and took the 25 on 100 offer. So if it still works I'll get 50 off 200 by doing a shop in store and another online with the code. Did my in store over the weekend, got a bunch of clearance stuff and a new curling iron but until I found my find-of-the-year I wasn't entirely sure how I'd get to $100 in just one trip in store. ($50 water filters for the new fridge on clearance for $15, I'm good for a while now :D) Online is easier as they sell all kinds of random stuff there, just have to sit down with my list and see what they have.

If the pilgrims were smart enough to look at the climate of where they landed I am thinking none of that rich history would be there because if they were smart they would have landed further south. :rotfl2:

Yep. Or had they just found a way to land where they were supposed to in the first place. My friends in NE complain that it's brutally cold and expensive.

I left NY because it was expensive. Now I know places are expensive for a reason LOL.

What suburb? BRB going to go buy a house there lol.
Wilton, CT (Fairfield County). My parents sold our house in 7/98 for $1.475 million. It sold last year for $1.255 million. If you look at the Federal Housing Finance Agency's housing price index, Connecticut is a disaster (a lot of companies have left because of taxes).

New round of Delta offers are out that appear to be NLL, reddit user pointed it out here and gave the link to check. I've been obsessively checking every time they come out since I cancelled my card in like Oct hoping for a NLL offer and I finally appear to be targeted!

...in retrospect 6 months is not a very long time but I swear it's felt like forever lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter