I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
A few weeks ? months ? ago we discussed that Chase may only be allowing 90 days instead of 115 to make MSR. I haven't seen anything since so am I safe to assume it remains status quo at 115?

I SMd to verify the date I needed to meet spend on my SW Biz a couple weeks ago and they still gave me 115. (And my offer terms and how much i’ve spent already towards it. Either a slow day or they like to go above and beyond in the SM team) So I think the 90 days was just an easy way to program the tracker visual and it’s still status quo for now.

AAA opinions? Mainly signed up a few years ago for DHs peace of mind when I would drive back to NE alone. This is my renewal month and I'm trying to decide if I should, being as I've never used it really, maybe a hotel discount once or twice though I've never had to show the card. On the other hand, its $89...

We have also had it for years..I have all 4 of us covered.....it’s not used often...but comes in handy when needed....usually for dead batteries..which my son seems to get in FL every couple of years

Last edited:
For all the AAA vs CC coverage discussion, here's a post on r/churning where someone put links to the major issuers terms.
https://www.reddit.com/r/churning/comments/ajnz5r/discussion_thread_january_25_2019/eextr0u/

As mentioned the CSR caps each call at $50, which is probably fine if it's a dead battery or just need a tire changed but that's pretty low for a tow so it'd be more like a discount for that. I don't advocate for one or the other, just that you know what you're getting ahead of time and are ok with that. You should have some plan for roadside mishaps, either a CC, auto insurance, AAA or even if it's just keeping cash on hand to call a tow truck or a combination of all of the above. (I don't necessarily recommend keeping a couple hundred in "tow money" in the car but I know folks who used to do it, and at least they had a plan... even if it was scary)

Another reason for AAA is if you use a certified mechanic you get 10% off. I renewed my AAA a little over a year ago when my car broke down. I called to sign up and said BTW I need a tow right now. They towed me to my garage, that happened to be AAA garage and I got a discount on my bill. I actually felt a little bad that I had made money after all was said and done. And with 2 older cars I have unfortunately already paid for year 2 and 3 with the discount and other maintenance and repairs.

ETA I also use my discount at Dunhams. I used to use at Payless a lot when kids were little but we don't have that store anymore. And the last hotel I booked with AAA actually made me put my card number in when reserving. I can't remember what hotel it was.

Last edited:

A tow around here is more like $150.
That's what I was thinking, if you would need a tow by the time it was done you could probably buy a AAA membership lol
For all the AAA vs CC coverage discussion, here's a post on r/churning where someone put links to the major issuers terms.
You and they did all the work for me!

Is there a way to see my Barclay AA biz card on my personal account online or Is there a separate website I need to sign up for to see my biz card info ?

Help!!! I did something so dumb-- I was going from memory on my 5/24 date, and had it as 5/16. I was actually 5/19.... and I applied for a SW Biz on 5/18. UGH. I got the 7-10 day message on the auto recon line. I've had this card in the past, excellent credit, legit biz operating since 2010. What would be the best step to take to try to get an approval? I want to hold my one open 5/24 space for the SW Personal for the companion pass, so getting this one first is important. Any advice about either how to manage that call to the recon line, or can you apply again shortly after being denied? Totally kicking myself for not looking at the spreadsheet first!!!!!

That's what I was thinking, if you would need a tow by the time it was done you could probably buy a AAA membership

$50 is low for a tow. My dh broke down right in the middle of raton and could see the place he was towed to so the $50 covered it (though I don’t remember them saying there was a cap). If you had to be towed very far, I’d think you’d exceed $50 pretty fast.

https://www.reddit.com/r/churning/comments/ajnz5r/discussion_thread_january_25_2019/eextr0u/

As mentioned the CSR caps each call at $50, which is probably fine if it's a dead battery or just need a tire changed but that's pretty low for a tow so it'd be more like a discount for that. I don't advocate for one or the other, just that you know what you're getting ahead of time and are ok with that. You should have some plan for roadside mishaps, either a CC, auto insurance, AAA or even if it's just keeping cash on hand to call a tow truck or a combination of all of the above. (I don't necessarily recommend keeping a couple hundred in "tow money" in the car but I know folks who used to do it, and at least they had a plan... even if it was scary)

I am the queen of break downs, even with new cars. I had a car that was missing a washer to hold on the alternator and after so many miles of vibration, the bolt would shear and the car would come to a stop. I was probably towed 8 times before someone figured this out. The GM car dealership towed me most of those times, but also AAA.

Now that I have 2 older vehicles no way am I going without AAA. My insurance will give me their insurance. No thanks, AAA for me. I have a credit card that I believe I read something about breakdown insurance on it, but no thanks, I've trusted AAA for too long to pitch them and experiment with you.

There was the blowout while driving on I-95 in South Carolina - the tpm monitor corroded on my Jeep Cherokee and blew through the sidewall while I was driving 70-80mph. AAA came.

And this past November there was the battery I needed when I was not starting in my driveway, called AAA and applied for the Rose Gold while they were changing it out. Saved me time - a trip to get a battery, a jump start, etc.

I'm AAA all the way and I pay for it for my kids. Been doing that since they started driving and it comes due in December so I call it a Xmas gift.

One service call usually pays for it, plus it's on you not the car so if you are with someone not covered you can call them.

Another reason for AAA is if you use a certified mechanic you get 10% off. I renewed my AAA a little over a year ago when my car broke down. I called to sign up and said BTW I need a tow right now. They towed me to my garage, that happened to be AAA garage and I got a discount on my bill. I actually felt a little bad that I had made money after all was said and done. And with 2 older cars I have unfortunately already paid for year 2 and 3 with the discount and other maintenance and repairs.

ETA I also use my discount at Dunhams. I used to use at Payless a lot when kids were little but we don't have that store anymore. And the last hotel I booked with AAA actually made me put my card number in when reserving. I can't remember what hotel it was.

Hilton for sure, and I think Marriott started doing it too. I'm pretty sure the last room I booked I had to put the number in when reserving.

And speaking of discounts, does Universal still give AAA discounts on food and merch? It's been probably 8 years since we did Universal but I think it was a 10% discount (maybe less, little fuzzy) at the restaurants and gift shops. It's not something I'd get a membership for, but since we have it I try to use as many discounts as I can get with it.

Those cheap BonBlecch people make you do it. I check all the rates before I book anything.

Help!!! I did something so dumb-- I was going from memory on my 5/24 date, and had it as 5/16. I was actually 5/19.... and I applied for a SW Biz on 5/18. UGH. I got the 7-10 day message on the auto recon line. I've had this card in the past, excellent credit, legit biz operating since 2010. What would be the best step to take to try to get an approval? I want to hold my one open 5/24 space for the SW Personal for the companion pass, so getting this one first is important. Any advice about either how to manage that call to the recon line, or can you apply again shortly after being denied? Totally kicking myself for not looking at the spreadsheet first!!!!!

.You could try calling recon today since it’s 5/20...to see if you can get it approved...although I think some credit bureaus report the month after so 6/1......if not you would have to wait 31 days from 5/18 to reapply

I need a recommendation for my DD26. She is 0/24. Her only cards are an old Marriott card and she's an au on ky amex gold. She just bought a house and will have significant spend coming up. I tried referring her for a CIP (tutoring business) but she got a 7-10 day message so I am not hopeful. She has plenty of personal slots so I'm not sure which way to go now.

Hey @platamama - regarding this DP... Did either you OR your husband get the $250 stmt credit on this first statement?

I was hoping I was going to have a DP for this today, but I'm not sure I will. I purchased my GC on 5/17 and it's still pending on my card and my statement closes today.

Ignore my concern from this morning, his bonus posted sometime between then and now in his AA account! Ok Delta AMEX you’re up...

That's a nice DP to hear!

And speaking of discounts, does Universal still give AAA discounts on food and merch? It's been probably 8 years since we did Universal but I think it was a 10% discount (maybe less, little fuzzy) at the restaurants and gift shops. It's not something I'd get a membership for, but since we have it I try to use as many discounts as I can get with it.
Wasn't aware of this. I'll have to look into it. I know some places at Swolphin give 20% off... This last trip I remembered that but our charge at Picabu to trigger all the Brilliant/AMEX offer credits would have cut it close with 20% off so I didn't do it.
The ability to upgrade magic bands for $10 is now live on my Disney experience....some cute choices
EEK! I've been waiting for this... I think this news slipped past DH so I'm hoping there's one he'd like and it can be a surprise :)

*Inspired by a recent r/churning DD?
I guess you could say that. We get so crazy with terms over there and will obviously downvote attack if you use a term in a way that’s “wrong” to a majority of folks. So I guess I’m embracing that term to just keep myself safe and it bled over here haha.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter