I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
So it looks like in the next few days/couple weeks I will be buying a new laptop and insurance payment will be due so figured now might be a good time to apply that spend towards min spend on a new card. My question is, any particularly lucrative offers I could take advantage of right now? Min spend of up to $5k should not be an issue and I am currently below 5/24.

What I currently have:
CSR
CFU
CF
Disney VISA
Discover It
United Explorer
Amex BBP
Amex Amazon
Amex Delta Gold
Alaska Visa
Jetblue Plus
Citi Doublecash
Amtrak Mastercard

As for hotels, I don't stay in them too often during the year but currently have Silver with both Hilton and Marriott thanks to AAA membership

Most of my miles are with United and points with UR but given one of my new purchases will be a laptop, I'm thinking of using a card with good extended warranty coverage.

Since you are under 5/24....and can meet the $5k spend...why not apply for the Chase Ink Preferred CIP...you get 80kURs after the $5k spend
It’s a business card that you would apply for using your first name and last name as the business name and your SS number as the EIN

I always feel like my questions are so stupid, but so far everyone has been very nice about answering. With the Chase cards, whether it's the Ultimate Rewards or Southwest or any of the others mentioned, do folks cancel them and then re-apply to once again get sign on bonuses?

I always feel like my questions are so stupid, but so far everyone has been very nice about answering. With the Chase cards, whether it's the Ultimate Rewards or Southwest or any of the others mentioned, do folks cancel them and then re-apply to once again get sign on bonuses?

haha, its not that easy... Chase cards and SW cards have a 24-48 hour wait period for the next sign up bonus.
other banks all have different rules, for example amex is once a lifetime, Barclay is one that will give u the bonus if they feel like it.

No stupid questions.....it’s smart to ask if your not sure.....
For the Chase SW cards...you can only open one personal and one business card....once you get the bonus...keep the card open a year then you can cancel ..but you have to wait 24 months from when the bonus posted to apply for the card again....

For the Chase Sapphire cards...it’s 48 months after the bonus to apply again and Chase will only let you open one of these...they is a workaround with the MDD....that some have success with
Other UR cards the Freedom and Freedom Unlimited are 24 months to apply again after receiving the bonus

That's a great spreadsheet! Dumb question, but is there a way to save this to excel? I tried doing File / Download as Excel and it's giving me an error message? I've never really used google sheets before and I'd rather just save it where I have all my excel files if at all possible.

This is what I will be doing as well. Cashing out MR's for Carnival Corp Gift Cards. Have a Princess Alaska Cruise booked for next June and these will pay for that trip.

Let me know if that works, I have heard that only Princess Cruise gift cards work for Princes.... we have a cruise booked in Sept 2020 for Alaska

Thanks. I will have to start doing some research on some of these. The whale watching sounds fun. Also was looking at the excursion where you go on the "Deadliest Catch" boat.
I booked independently for a few reasons: as a first time cruiser, we got last pick, so things were sold out; I wanted smaller excursions; I wanted to use URs thru UR portal for additional savings. I have to say the Disney excursion we did was the least exciting of the three we did but it was not bad. I really wanted to see the area we sailed thru and this was the way to do it.

I’m feeling so impatient and having major FOMO about the app for DH’s cip2. Closed the first one 5/31. Trying to hold off a few more days even tho Lain shared that DP of 6 days being fine. As y’all know, I am overly cautious in my churning.

In the meantime, dh’s Hilton biz comes up on the AF on 6/1. Considering switching to a personal card for him b/c the categories are better and he would still get 12x-14x for Hilton purchases. I’m not sure the Aspire is worth the AF since he is diamond anyways but we would use the resort credit. So I am leaning towards he ascend. Any thoughts? Change to personal or keep the biz version?
If he has room, go for a lower level personal IMO. I get upgrade offers all the time. I upgraded to Ascend for 75k points last year, and currently working on MSR for Aspire upgrade for 150k points. I will downgrade later, no doubt.
I think I've only handed my CSR over at Chipotle once or twice and it made such an awful sound as it was getting swiped through the register.
I found out in Canada they never touch your card. They just hand you the card reader, you insert the card, press the buttons, remove card and hand it back. A couple servers said they can always tell who is from the US since they try to hand the card over.
“Dairy”?? Really? Lol. Guy obviously looking for a shutdown with those numbers and “warning letters” recently.

I hadn't been targeted for Hilton upgrade through emails or links or anything I've been checking! and then today I had a banner up top of my Ascend offering the 150k point upgrade to the Aspire. Which I don't yet have. So the proper plan here is to get the Aspire and then accept the upgrade offer on the Ascend right? I'm not even sure I can do this as I really don't see myself being able to hit $8k in Amex spend in the next 3 months... AFAIK the upgrade offer doesn't disappear from the Ascend until expiration of the offer right, even if you get the Aspire?

I’m a little frustrated. Upgraded my Hilton Amex before vacation, card didn’t arrive before we left. It was in the mail when we returned, activated and checked back to see when I upgraded. May 9. So I now have about 2 months left for 4K which is more than we usually spend, especially with Amex. I already bought a Visa GC so I can use for Costco run but I’ll need more.

For Plastiq, insurance is ok, right? I have insurance bill and can pay a couple car payments (finagled the credit union name before for that I think)

ETA: Airline Credit for Aspire, do SW GCs work?

Last edited:
People don’t know what makes serve shut down accounts. Idk if it is transferring to a bank account. I’d sign up for 5 cards and keep the ones you aren’t using inactive and then when the one gets shut down you have other accounts to use.

So on the Serve website -> withdraw money -> transfer to a bank?
I’m sure that’s what it is, I just don’t want myself to make any more mistakes! Thanks @speedyfishy!

Since you are under 5/24....and can meet the $5k spend...why not apply for the Chase Ink Preferred CIP...you get 80kURs after the $5k spend
It’s a business card that you would apply for using your first name and last name as the business name and your SS number as the EIN
I was planning on applying for this card in February when Im back to 4/ 24. Are you saying I just use my own name as the business name?

Last edited:

There are no stupid questions. The people on this thread are some of the nicest and most helpful on the DIS and definitely the nicest among travel hacking online communities. :teeth:

I hadn't been targeted for Hilton upgrade through emails or links or anything I've been checking! and then today I had a banner up top of my Ascend offering the 150k point upgrade to the Aspire. Which I don't yet have. So the proper plan here is to get the Aspire and then accept the upgrade offer on the Ascend right? I'm not even sure I can do this as I really don't see myself being able to hit $8k in Amex spend in the next 3 months... AFAIK the upgrade offer doesn't disappear from the Ascend until expiration of the offer right, even if you get the Aspire?

That's how I've read it is done. Apply first, then accept the upgrade.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter