I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well finally got the courage and went into Walmart. Did a $200 load then walked around by the toys then did another $200 load. Tired electronics but the guy didn’t know how.

I tried electronics yesterday too and the guy didn't know lol. I went out to the garden center and the guy said he wasn't sure but he would try it and I loaded $500. I see that guy working in the garden center a lot so I'll go back to him. I hadn't stopped before because I am an admitted profiler of all cashiers and didn't think he'd know how to do it lol.

I tried electronics yesterday too and the guy didn't know lol. I went out to the garden center and the guy said he wasn't sure but he would try it and I loaded $500. I see that guy working in the garden center a lot so I'll go back to him. I hadn't stopped before because I am an admitted profiler of all cashiers and didn't think he'd know how to do it lol.
You helped him learn the process! 👏

Florida disers -- anyone prepping for Dorian? I went to Publix this morning and grabbed 12 jugs of water, some bread (to freeze) and some veggies. Hoping to avoid having to go again this week as I know it will get progressively busier as her path towards Florida becomes clearer over the next few days. The few days before Irma Publix was crazy, water shelf was empty for days and there were fights when they wheeled out a new skid. Since I hate crowds I am going to try to stay away until she passes. Will also head to Shell (maybe Costco if I'm feeling brave) to top up with gas tonight. Will also make sure dd keeps a full tank since she drives 40 miles (round trip) every day to and from school.

We are in Tampa, so we're still not sure what the impact will be, if any. We always keep a few extra bags of ice in our deep freezer, a couple of cases of water, plenty of perishables, batteries, etc. just in case. Although I hate to see it going for Puerto Rico, hopefully that weakens it enough that it's just a tropical depression by the time it gets to Florida.

I’m interested if you don’t mind sharing!
@Albort shared that this was possible in the 100k MR Biz Plat call-in thread on DISchurners, so it’s best if you post the number you called, your rep, and your experience in that thread. This would help quite a few folks here. Thanks! :thumbsup2

ETA: I know aksurvivorfan has a thread about this inviting folks to PM him for info on his churninginfo subreddit. I wonder if that’s the thread you found. I don’t have interaction with ak, so I’m hesitant to PM him out of the blue. Others who are more active on reddit, feel free to go that route and ak might be able to provide more/different info.
Is that a 10k spend?
Thanks for the replies. I'll edit my earlier post and share my experience on r/dischurners.

We are in Tampa, so we're still not sure what the impact will be, if any. We always keep a few extra bags of ice in our deep freezer, a couple of cases of water, plenty of perishables, batteries, etc. just in case. Although I hate to see it going for Puerto Rico, hopefully that weakens it enough that it's just a tropical depression by the time it gets to Florida.

I called a few companies to see if they could come this week to trim our coconut palms (dh must've forgotten to have it done) and they just laughed. Sadly we have 3 huge ones by the pool that are loaded with coconuts. That's not going to be fun to clean up if Dorian hits and since he just left for another week or so (after being here 24 hours), that job will fall on yours truly :headache:.

Our propane company decided they won't come this week to fill the generator tank (500g) because our average usage is 80 - 100g / year and it was filled November, 2018. I don't feel like digging under the shrub where the gauge on the tank is to verify how full the tank is, so I'll leave it. Ordered 10W30 synthetic oil from Amazon to top up the oil in case it runs for over 24 hours. Will have to remember to charge up our portable charges (just in case said generator doesn't power up -- which better not happen).

Trying to mentally run through a list of what else I need to do as the weekend draws near. Will obviously wait to prep the house until Friday when the path is clearer as it takes me at 2 days (it's a lot of physical work).

I really hope Dorian spares Puerto Rico. That would be so cruel of Mother Nature if the island was hit again.

Will be interesting to see how this one develops.

@calypso726 and @tink1970 are you guys doing anything to prepare?

Came home to a set of biz mAAilers and an email offer. Of course, it's not the right timing for us :laughing:--dh is done for a year (he says, unless he can get a Platicorn) and I've holding out for another CIP or a CIC in October.
I'm envious!

Is the 24 month language on the mailers? Dh got a biz mailer that didn't have the language, but it's not a good offer (60,000 miles for $6,000 spend with $450 MSR).

@Albort shared that this was possible in the 100k MR Biz Plat call-in thread on DISchurners, so it’s best if you post the number you called, your rep, and your experience in that thread. This would help quite a few folks here. Thanks! :thumbsup2

ETA: I know aksurvivorfan has a thread about this inviting folks to PM him for info on his churninginfo subreddit. I wonder if that’s the thread you found. I don’t have interaction with ak, so I’m hesitant to PM him out of the blue. Others who are more active on reddit, feel free to go that route and ak might be able to provide more/different info.
Ooooh AK - he’s a real treat...LOL!

I called a few companies to see if they could come this week to trim our coconut palms (dh must've forgotten to have it done) and they just laughed. Sadly we have 3 huge ones by the pool that are loaded with coconuts. That's not going to be fun to clean up if Dorian hits and since he just left for another week or so (after being here 24 hours), that job will fall on yours truly :headache:.

Our propane company decided they won't come this week to fill the generator tank (500g) because our average usage is 80 - 100g / year and it was filled November, 2018. I don't feel like digging under the shrub where the gauge on the tank is to verify how full the tank is, so I'll leave it. Ordered 10W30 synthetic oil from Amazon to top up the oil in case it runs for over 24 hours. Will have to remember to charge up our portable charges (just in case said generator doesn't power up -- which better not happen).

Trying to mentally run through a list of what else I need to do as the weekend draws near. Will obviously wait to prep the house until Friday when the path is clearer as it takes me at 2 days (it's a lot of physical work).

I really hope Dorian spares Puerto Rico. That would be so cruel of Mother Nature if the island was hit again.

Will be interesting to see how this one develops.

@calypso726 and @tink1970 are you guys doing anything to prepare?

Oh yes - that sounds like it would be a mess to deal with! Hopefully you won't have to worry about it at all, and if Dorian does end up near you that it's super minimal.

Hoping one of you can answer this question -- we opened the Marriott credit card but when they created the account the assigned it to a new Bonvoy account number (in my husbands name) instead of using the one in my name that we use for travel. Has this happened to anyone else and/or do you have any idea if this can be corrected? Right now we are earning points in two separate accounts but Marriott services are not being helpful in getting them consolidated into only one account. Thank you

My wife has a SW Priority card that we upgraded from the Premier for a bonus. The original opening date of this card was 10/31/17 and we upgraded on 2/19/19 for the bonus points when the priority came out. The 149 AF just hit. I have not used the $75 SW credit available on the card. Can I use this credit on a GC then close the card? My goal is to get the CP 2020-2021 with DW. Any clue when the anniversary points will be credited? Nothing yet.
The anniversary points will be credited at the original anniversary date of October, not the upgrade date of Feb. The $75 credit and the 4 upgraded boardings will reset the day after your upgrade anniversary, so 2/20/20. I'd hold off canceling until you get the anniversary points in October since it is pretty close.

You know, I thought I recognized the name from somewhere. His message to me was nothing but nice, though.
He’s actually a good guy - he just can be all over the place and has a pattern of self-destructive churning behavior. The vast majority of my interactions with him were respectful despite the fact that I disagreed with his approach on many things.

I know it is not the best (probably at the bottom of the list) use of United points, but...

If one wanted to cash out some points for a Disney gift card, will the card be received immediately, or is there a processing time involved?

The anniversary points will be credited at the original anniversary date of October, not the upgrade date of Feb. The $75 credit and the 4 upgraded boardings will reset the day after your upgrade anniversary, so 2/20/20. I'd hold off canceling until you get the anniversary points in October since it is pretty close.
After the anniversary points post, will it be too late to get a refund for the AF?

Hoping one of you can answer this question -- we opened the Marriott credit card but when they created the account the assigned it to a new Bonvoy account number (in my husbands name) instead of using the one in my name that we use for travel. Has this happened to anyone else and/or do you have any idea if this can be corrected? Right now we are earning points in two separate accounts but Marriott services are not being helpful in getting them consolidated into only one account. Thank you
I believe each account can only have 1 name, so 1 for you, 1 for your dh. However you are able to transfer the points to his account or vice versa (there are limits to how many points you can transfer per year). I understand it's fairly easy to transfer points between accounts. HTH.

He’s actually a good guy - he just can be all over the place and has a pattern of self-destructive churning behavior. The vast majority of my interactions with him were respectful despite the fact that I disagreed with his approach on many things.
I don't know how much of his private conversation I should share publicly - probably none of it, but here I go anyway. He shared this with me earlier today after I was approved for my second Biz Platinum:

ETA - I changed my mind. I think it's too dangerous to be shared publicly.

I went through a whole range of emotions when I read that.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter