I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Off to go read popcorn:: though I'm sure I can guesa.

Just finished myself...that was fun 🤣

I forgot, I also sold 3 of the 4 BB gcs I'd bought for $20 using Amex offers in anticipation of dorm needs (and then didn't...Target was closer/better) on Raise, netting a whopping $1.46 in profit. I would have added another $0.48 cents but was too "vigorous" scratching off the PIN sticker and scratched it off :sad1: Hopefully I can just slide it at the register in real life or that's going to be a $20 lesson...

Two small wins today-

I left my favorite carry on with DD (because I'm a good mom, lol) so of course it needed to be replaced 😁
I have several amex offers at ebags burning a hole in my pocket so when I saw the 20x miles on united (also AA and another portal too I believe) I jumped on it. Fortunately, ebags was also running one of their 30% sales so I earned 2000 MRs, 2280 United Miles and oh yes, I get another carryon. Whoo hoo! I also earned 330 miles at Petco since I have A Very Spoiled Bulldog. Slowly but surely replenishing the United stash I depleted with flights from ZAG-home for DH and ZAG-BRU (in biz cause it's my bday) for me.
So which carryon did you get???

A personal card 20 days later carries a small amount of risk. What do all of his cards look like over the past year leading up to that CIP?

Also - couldn’t you look to earn that CP in early 2020 so you have it for almost 2 years vs. just 1.

Technically yes I could wait until early 2020. We are hoping to take a trip after Christmas though and would use it for that. Also, DS leaves for college next fall and will likely travel with us less in 2021.

DH’s card history is
Sapphire 4/16
SPG business 4/18
CIP 5/18
Venture 7/18
Barclay 9/18
CIU 2/19
CIP #2 8/19

In reading the fine print it seems there is a significant difference between flights and and other travel expenses and the protections they offer. I linked some of the guides (and an excerpt of the fine print)if you want to give it a review and see if I’m missing something. I’d love to be wrong on that.
I don’t think it’s clear either way, which is why I said CSR “may” cover you.

That was a good laugh!

The number of people who do online shopping with debit cards is mindblowing, though, as is the number of people who don't understand what an authorization hold is.

What threw me off was pix13dust comes here occasionally for credit card advice, but then snapped at me because, apparently, she paid with a cash balance on her PayPal account and now she’s out $300, albeit temporarily. If I assumed wrong, it’s because I presumed if she’s asking about credit cards, and has credit cards, she’d be using credit cards, not cash. :confused3

Technically yes I could wait until early 2020. We are hoping to take a trip after Christmas though and would use it for that. Also, DS leaves for college next fall and will likely travel with us less in 2021.

DH’s card history is
Sapphire 4/16
SPG business 4/18
CIP 5/18
Venture 7/18
Barclay 9/18
CIU 2/19
CIP #2 8/19
He’d probably be fine to do the personal card then I guess. But how do you earn the CP by the end of the year? You’re going to then need to go for a biz card approx 60 days after going for a personal card approx 20 days after getting a biz card. You might not get approved for the 3rd card and if you are you could still be in shutdown risk territory.

I’m not going to say don’t do it, but if you’re looking for an opinion, I’m not crazy about the pacing.

EDIT: another concern is that if you get denied for the Biz card in a couple months you have 50k SW points but no CP And you can’t get another SW personal card for 24 months.

Last edited:
What threw me off was pix13dust comes here occasionally for credit card advice, but then snapped at me because, apparently, she paid with a cash balance on her PayPal account and now she’s out $300, albeit temporarily. If I assumed wrong, it’s because I presumed if she’s asking about credit cards, and has credit cards, she’d be using credit cards, not cash. :confused3
She said "bank card" elsewhere in the thread. I think it was a debit card through PayPal.

But we will never know for sure... because the method of payment used is...

TI93BOj.gif

Quick question for @speedyfishy or others using GCs/Serve. I usually end up with VGCs from Sunrise bank. (Even when the ad for Jewel/Albertsons says Metabank in the promo, local stores always have Sunrise) They always have last 4 of the card number pre-set as PIN. This week I picked up VGCs at OM and they are variable load VGCs which are now loaded with $200 each. There is no note of PIN on the packaging and the insert says “you may obtain a pin by visiting Giftcardmall.com”
So I must set the pin, correct? Or do I just give it a try with using the last 4 digits as pin?

I think it’s the last 4.

CIP#1 is now a shiny new CIC which I am excited to use to get some bonus URs at the Office Depot near me!

How long do I need to wait before using DH's... link to apply for CIP #2? We went to Lowe's today and had to pay movers and are officially done with the MSR on his CIP.
Your PC timing actually has no impact on CIP2. When was your last card? If it’s been 3 months you’re good.

I presumed if she’s asking about credit cards, and has credit cards, she’d be using credit cards, not cash. :confused3

Quite logically, I think. When I read about the discount I thought "Surely no one thinks Disney will honor that deal" Apparently No One did and is gosh darned mad>:( ! (I know, don't call me Shirley for those of us in my X gen).

Please don't let the grumps get you down, Lain!

FYI guys, this is a DISchurners member being referenced here so I’d tread lightly. Perhaps this person is overly frustrated at the situation but I just don’t want any regretful posts left behind here...

EDIT: not targeted at anybody - just trying to keep the peace :D

https://www.ebags.com/product/delsey/helium-titanium-international-carry-on-spinner-trolley/283246
It's compact, light, spins like a dream and although I don't need the "laptop" compartment I use it to help keep things separated. I was so tempted to get the cherry color but since I didn't know how red v. maroon it would be stuck to my dark gray. I also had $10 in ebags credit so it brought down the cost a little more. :)
I was literally JUST looking at that one on ebags :laughing: I spend an hour or so on ebags every month or so, looking at international size carryons. I need a life, apparently.

Do you use packing cubes? How much have you found that it holds?
Quite logically, I think. When I read about the discount I thought "Surely no one thinks Disney will honor that deal" Apparently No One did and is gosh darned mad>:( ! (I know, don't call me Shirley for those of us in my X gen).

Please don't let the grumps get you down, Lain!
I swear, either dh or I say that at least once a week :rotfl:

FYI guys, this is a DISchurners member being referenced here so I’d tread lightly. Perhaps this person is overly frustrated at the situation but I just don’t want any regretful posts left behind here...
Thank you. I’m surprised at how gossipy and judgy this group is. Lain posts “we should be better than this “ and then comes here to make fun of us that are dissatisfied/disappointed. It’s childish and hurtful.
FYI, I worked in finance for 15 years before retiring. PayPal actually has some features regular CC don’t offer. I regularly use it when I don’t have a credit card that is offering an additional bonus.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter