• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soooo I am miles behind as usual... but IF I wanted to accumulate more American Airlines miles, I see there is a Barclay biz card for that. I did search here for "Barclay" and I see that they have no app and their website is... less than optimal.

Barring that, if I really wanted AA miles and Citi Biz #2 is not an option because of all the updated language, is this Barclay biz something I should consider? I'm not giving up on Chase URs... merely doing some preliminary research.

The Barclay Biz has not been obtainable for me. I keep getting denied for too many cards...UGH. But if you can...then I'd do it

looking for some info on what cards can be triple dipped and the advantages of each. trying to plan what card to get to do that christmas shopping on. i'm thinking they are all AX cards? Platimums ? hilton?

been missing the forums for a few months, life got it the way, mom broke her leg. dad had eye surgery, daughterinlaw in hospital for abcess, grandkids living with us for summer as their mother trys to straighten out some of her life, or not.

fomo on the delta/mr thing but i have neither, so have to let that one go.

I'm trying for the triple dip on the Aspire. I got it in December and was able to double dip the airline credit so far.

Any downside to putting this free Beagle 2.0 thing from Amex in my checked luggage and using the app to be the laziest person at the luggage carousel? Pretty much the only downside I see is it's rather limited range...

Speaking of Bonvoy Biz, DH never received his employee card. He still has the old purple SPG. Should I care? He only uses his when there's a Lowe's offer, or maybe some other great offer.

I'm the same way when I fly non-SW carriers. "I have to pay for WHAT? Oxygen is extra now???"

We used to be Delta people, before all the crazy fees, but they pulled a lot of flights from our airport about 10 years ago. We find SW so much more straightforward and easy to use!
I’m surprised anyone on this thread would pay for any extras on a flight.

This game is so YMMV. I went to my close staples yesterday and one an extra 10 mins away. I was able to get 5 cards at each even though last promo the close one told me there is a limit of 1. Went back to the close one today and my favorite cashier (the one who asked about my out of state ID) is there. He tells me it’s a limit of 1 but if I want I can pay with however many cards I have on me and get 1 per each credit card. I only had my ink and a few Amex’s so I tried 1 Amex and I’ll see if I get points. I think I should go back tomorrow with my whole dang sock drawer of 30 cards. I’ll report back tomorrow with how that goes :rotfl2:
Today I got five. Manager rung me up. He goes on to tell me that the limit is 2k and I can get five more. Umm, ok!

Sadly, Amex does not match offers; and since Amex’s welcome offers are generally once per product, per lifetime, we always emphasize signing up only when a card’s SUB is at its best and highest.

If you only recently signed up for the Bonvoy Biz, you could call Amex customer service at the number on the back of your card and express your extreme dissatisfaction at missing out on the higher offer and Amex may give you some “courtesy points.”

Just rotten timing on my part. Thanks for the info. I’ll think about if I want to call or not. Might just let it go.

AHHHHHH to Delta or not? That is the question. I'm looking at FL in December, or where in the world to go next summer? I've ran itineraries for Rome, Paris, Hawaii for the summer. I have about 120k Delta miles, and I have $600 in GC. My mom mentioned wanting to do Hawaii, I'm not sure if it was summer 2020 or 2021. But if it's 2020, I think this is a good one to jump on.

I’m surprised anyone on this thread would pay for any extras on a flight.

Depends on what it is and why. Flew icrland air last year so had to pay for a bag. I can't do week in a carryon. Some will pay for wifi. I paid for a 1 way last week cause it made more sense than using miles.

I searched this thread looking for an answer, but I'm still a little lost. My DH and I each have had our own SW Premier card for over two years. We would both like to upgrade to the SW Priority card. Are we eligible for the big bonus point offers, or are we ineligible because we are current card holders? Would we have to cancel the Premier accounts beforehand? Would we be better off just upgrading our Premier card account to the Priority card and just getting the 5,000 bonus point offer?

:welcome: to the thread *pixie* !

I'm hopelessly behind, so I'm sure someone else has already helped you out,
But I wanted to say what a cool avatar!
I don't even know what it is, but it really catches the eye

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter