• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I got 3 more washes out of my dishwasher. Currently will not start at all. Boohoo I am in the analysis paralysis stages of looking at different models. DH is telling me to just pick one, but I also see a Chase envelope in my informed delivery. Hoping it is my new card so trying to hold him off a few hours till the mail gets here. For how long it takes me to make a decision that shouldn't be hard. lol Had a Whirlpool picked out, then read reviews and I am second guessing.

Well, I got 3 more washes out of my dishwasher. Currently will not start at all. Boohoo I am in the analysis paralysis stages of looking at different models. DH is telling me to just pick one, but I also see a Chase envelope in my informed delivery. Hoping it is my new card so trying to hold him off a few hours till the mail gets here. For how long it takes me to make a decision that shouldn't be hard. lol Had a Whirlpool picked out, then read reviews and I am second guessing.
Love my Bosch dishwasher. It was pricey, but I’ll never go back again. I’ve had it for about 10 years. Not one problem, and it cleans dishes spotlessly 👍🏻

Love my Bosch dishwasher. It was pricey, but I’ll never go back again. I’ve had it for about 10 years. Not one problem, and it cleans dishes spotlessly 👍🏻
I also have a Bosch. I got the very bottom level and so the price was comparable to other brands. I do love mine too! It’s rare something isn’t perfectly clean. I’ve had mine for 6 years. It’s also super quiet. Sometimes I can’t even tell if it’s actually running.

I won’t lie. I love my double ovens. I have both going several times a week. Mine are wall ovens but my next door neighbor has double ovens built into her range. Not quite as spacious but still very useful.
So jealous. But if I had the 48 in range with 2 ovens (also a dream) I would still want another full size oven or double oven. The double ovens seem less popular in new kitchens than they used to be but I would use the heck out of them.
Yes we really utilized our double ovens today! One of those things I wouldn’t pay extra for but was happy it just happen to be in the house we bought haha
I would totally pay extra. Lol
That sounds so nice! So it sits on the counter top like a microwave might?

One of my ovens has a convection bake setting, which I use all the time, but it also has convection roast. And I really have no clue what to use that for. I tried looking it up once and just came away more confused so I've never used it :confused3
My stove has convection bake and convection roast, bake, roast, bread proof, etc. After reading the manual multiple times, I can tell no difference between bake and roast. :confused3 But I did convection roast my turkey.
Check your emails - Undercover Tourist is having a Black Friday sale. So WDW and DL tix are cheaper. There are hotel and Universal deals too. Hopefully this helps someone.

View attachment 455485
Yay! I was so excited to see this yesterday. We have been contemplating the VIP Fun Fest but I decided to hold off and the tickets were $40 off each. Bought them yesterday and saved $120 plus now I can totally justify the price (less than a one day ticket and includes food!)
We are finally back from our wedding! :bride: (I just really wanted to use this emoji once) & our honeymoon! & all the work we had to catch up on while we were away, exploiting the kindness of our coworkers! :rotfl:

Wedding:
Royal Hawaiian, Honolulu

I really could not be any happier with the venue or the service we received. They do keep tight control over the vendors they allow on property but all of what we needed (seriously everything - planning, catering, flowers, harpist, rooms/valet/bellhop etc for our guests... they even made us our own event specialty cocktails!) was coordinated in-house so we didn't have any issues there. They even found us a new photographer when our original one cancelled. We had about 60 people & not one person had a negative thing to say, including my grumpy uncle who is known in the family as "Send it Back Sam."

They have a bunch of rooms/event locations within the hotel & obviously we didn't use all of them, but those that we used for the ceremony, dinner, and brunch for everyone the next morning were beautiful.

We sent thank you letters to the staff & I hope they will read them. They probably do 500 weddings a year but we will only ever have one :laughing:So, it meant quite a lot to us that they made it so wonderful and easy. I have watched a lot of friends struggle with wedding planners, vendors, venues etc that don't seem to care at all. Royal Hawaiian definitely made us feel like they cared about us.

Honeymoon:
Hurawalhi Island Resort, Maldives

This is a couples/adult only resort & I think it was about 45 minutes between the main airport & the resort. I have never been somewhere that you needed to fly to on a seaplane. That was extremely cool. Tons of honeymoons & anniversaries. We met a lot of nice, interesting people, including a couple who got married more or less down the street from us, on the same day we got married. That was funny.

We did a lot of snorkeling, beaching (it's a word), eating, relaxing. They have their own reef & a huge underwater restaurant, which is one of the coolest things I have ever experienced. The bartenders remembered the drinks we liked, which made us REALLY like them. We went on a dolphin cruise & many other talks/tours with the resident marine biologist. We tried some flyboarding, which I loved, and diving, which was absolutely not for me and I should have known better because I have weak lungs. My fault. The spa was amazing & offered couples' treatments. DH went out fishing with another guy he met there while the other guy's wife and I hung out at the beach... and maybe went to the spa... again. The guys caught our dinner that night. The rooms were beautiful & we loved our butler.

I didn't go into too much detail because I have a lot of thread to catch up on & I don't think any of this information would be useful for our shared hobby. But, if it's relevant to anyone personally, please PM me & I will be happy to elaborate :)
Congrats! That sounds wonderful! And your avatar is lovely :love:

@WVMomof3 Our neighbors recently got a Bosch and they are in love. They put dishes in without any pre wash and they come out clean. I'm not sure I could ever not rinse my dishes but it's amazing how they get clean no matter what.
Glad to hear all of the other positive reviews for Bosch. We have a GE profile that works fine but is noisy (it's running now). Bosch will be on our radar when it stops working efficiently.

Our new house has double ovens and it is amazing! First time I've ever had them.

So jealous reading about everyone's fancy ovens. My kitchen needs to be redone, but not as badly as my bathroom needs to be redone, so its going to be a while. Our oven works fine, it just isn't fancy. I would love a convection oven. I might be getting one of those little flip-up ninja convection oven things for Christmas.

And fancy dishwashers.... one day!

The one thing with a Bosch, they do not have a heating element for drying, which is great, because nothing melts, so you can wash more things. But, it also means your stuff doesn't dry well. We have to use a rinse agent, then I open the door and leave it partially open after it runs, so they can dry off. But I am ok with that.

I have a Whirlpool but it's close to 10 years old now and still working fine. Hope I didn't jinx myself. Daughter has had 2 of the Bosch ones and she dislikes them also, but needs to wait a bit to replace. I can't even stand loading hers and I don't think it cleans well. She seems to have to really wash everything first. I just scrape off scraps and place in the dishwasher and rarely have any food stick to mine.

So jealous. But if I had the 48 in range with 2 ovens (also a dream) I would still want another full size oven or double oven. The double ovens seem less popular in new kitchens than they used to be but I would use the heck out of them.

My stove has convection bake and convection roast, bake, roast, bread proof, etc. After reading the manual multiple times, I can tell no difference between bake and roast. :confused3 But I did convection roast my turkey.
:love:

I think the difference is you have a fan running during convection roast which circulates the heat in the oven. I have a separate convection wall oven.

I do need to go use my gold credit today... might just go for this. I'm sure someone would use the 2 free slices at some point.

I have to wait until tomorrow as my credit posted as Grub hub for November. I'm going to spend $50 and hopefully get them for $40 with 4 free slices. ($10 Rose Gold monthly credit.)

@WVMomof3 Our neighbors recently got a Bosch and they are in love. They put dishes in without any pre wash and they come out clean. I'm not sure I could ever not rinse my dishes but it's amazing how they get clean no matter what.
Glad to hear all of the other positive reviews for Bosch. We have a GE profile that works fine but is noisy (it's running now). Bosch will be on our radar when it stops working efficiently.
When we first bought our dishwasher my husband insisted that if the Bosch was all that it claimed to be we shouldn’t have to pre-rinse the dishes. So he would purposely load the nastiest plates just to see if they would get clean, and..they did! Now 10 years later I tell him to rinse them first, but I swear most of the time he still doesn’t 😂
The one thing with a Bosch, they do not have a heating element for drying, which is great, because nothing melts, so you can wash more things. But, it also means your stuff doesn't dry well. We have to use a rinse agent, then I open the door and leave it partially open after it runs, so they can dry off. But I am ok with that.
This is interesting. Maybe I have a different model 🤔 mine definitely gets my dishes dry. I typically run it overnight and in the morning they’re dry. I’ve never had plastic melt either. Hmm. Never thought about that before.

So jealous reading about everyone's fancy ovens. My kitchen needs to be redone, but not as badly as my bathroom needs to be redone, so its going to be a while. Our oven works fine, it just isn't fancy. I would love a convection oven. I might be getting one of those little flip-up ninja convection oven things for Christmas.

And fancy dishwashers.... one day!
My bathroom and kitchen also need redoing. I've postponed needed repairs for so long that my kitchen linoleum is peeling and my refrigerator drawers barely function. I have a hole in my ceiling where the water supply for my bath had to be shut off and my bath is currently useless, and my bathroom sing has a crack. I can't decide if I should just fix the immediate problems or redo wverything.

We have had DH’s CSP card for over a year. We just paid the second annual fee on it. I also have the CSR, which we use much more frequently. Is there a benefit to keeping both? Should we PC it down to a Chase Freedom now or wait until just before the fee? I wasn’t sure if there was any benefit to having the CSP in addition to the CSR? We will likely keep the CSR because we get a lot of benefit from it.
Only reason to keep CSP is if you intend to refer someone to it for 15k URs. Then the $95 annual fee will “math out”. If you don’t know you’ll refer someone downgrade it now (today) so you can get your AF back. If it’s been 30 days since it posted you’ll get a pro-rated AF refund. (The rep on the phone may or may not know this, they give out bad info frequently tbh. The computer will take care of issuing your af refund in a couple weeks I think.) Call the number on the back of card to downgrade your card to a CF.

I agree it didn’t seem like there was much to get this year and a lot of things ran out of stock online. I wanted the matching pj sets for Dh and I from target. I’ve been looking multiple times a day and the men’s set is never back in stock. I didn’t expect so many men to buy plaid pajamas on black Friday lol
I was in Target at 7am yesterday cause my dd17 worked at 7 and the adult pj’s were wiped out in the store in like 5 mins!! There were so few men’s available for the number of kids they had. Tons of kid's sizes were still there at 7:30, like 3T and 4T, but no men's and only like a couple XXL in women's. I think Target greatly underestimated the demand for the adult's sizes.

My house was built in 1993 and I think that era still appreciated the double wall ovens. Before we bought this house 7 years ago, I'd never had double ovens and always assumed it was just something you used for the holidays. Instead I find myself with both ovens going all the time. I'd totally pay extra for it in another house!

I'm glad I'm not the only one who cannot figure out the difference in all those settings. Your oven has the same ones as mine. I use the convection bake a lot.

Amazon Prime members, there's a 10% discount on the Gift of Prime annual membership. Comes down to $107 + tax.
You can gift it to yourself and you can use Amazon GC to pay for it. Doing the gift of prime is a nice way to pay for Prime with discounted Amazon GC's. (or use up all your .50 reloads from bank requirements! paying for prime 50 cent at a time...)

It says one per account but DoC says you can do it multiple times, just have to check out separately.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter