• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well to counteract that, you may need this one:

Or maybe this one:

Ah...the joys of having kids. :rotfl:
The tacos one is actually not so bad. I hadn’t heard that one before. I HATE baby shark. The main reason is because we sang it when I was a camp counselor in high school (8 years ago) and it’s just now becoming popular. It ruined the song for me. We used to sing it around the campfire and now it’s just annoying

Ugh the award travel I am looking for is gonna be hard to find. I just went back in and checked for November 3/4 (the latest the calendar goes out) from both SFO and LAX and there is NOTHING on ANA.

This is not news but I am merely coming here to moan and groan because I know you will understand.

Worst case, I suppose we fly economy. It won't kill us.

I didn't realize there was so much hate for the swinging gondolas. That was AWESOME to me when we went :D I really enjoyed adding a little thrill factor to my ferris wheel :D

The non-swinging gondola line is usually 4x longer than the line for the swinging gondolas. 2/3 of the gondolas are swinging and 1/3 are non-swinging, but I don’t think the disparity in the lines is due only to capacity.

The mistake was you pumped your own gas in the only non-self service state in the US.

The AMEX RAT knows all! :rotfl:

Don’t they still ban self service in parts of Oregon? We drove up to Crater Lake a few years ago and stopped for gas in Medford. A gas station attendant came running up to service our car and I recall driving around the station trying to shake this kid and thinking no no no, I want to pump my own gas.

The non-swinging gondola line is usually 4x longer than the line for the swinging gondolas. 2/3 of the gondolas are swinging and 1/3 are non-swinging, but I don’t think the disparity in the lines is due only to capacity.
Oh weird, we saw the opposite. There was no line for the non-swinging side, and there was a bit of a wait for the swinging side.

Don’t they still ban self service in parts of Oregon? We drove up to Crater Lake a few years ago and stopped for gas in Medford. A gas station attendant came running up to service our car and I recall driving around the station trying to shake this kid and thinking no no no, I want to pump my own gas.

Yes, most of Oregon bans self serve. Two years ago they started allowing self serve in some rural counties during certain hours. It was an adjustment when I moved up from California years ago but I sure like it now. No need to get out of the car on cold and wet days.

I've noticed an interesting thing with Marriott promotions. If you happen to have overlapping promotions, and have a stay that qualifies during the overlapping timeframe, you get credit for both promos.

I had one (let's call it Promo 1) that was going to give me 2000 points after 2 stays. I also had one (Promo 2) that was tiered for 4000 points after 1 weekend stay, 6000 after a 2nd weekend stay, and 8000 after a 3rd weekend stay. I had 2 nights last weekend at 2 different properties - the first night counted for 1 stay toward the 2000 points (Promo 1), but I also got 4000 points for that same stay (Promo 2). The second night counted as a stay to complete the promo for 2000 points. But unfortunately it didn't count as a weekend stay because it was a Sun night (only Fri and Sat count for Promo 2).

After completing the 2000 point promo, it unlocked my next promo of 3 stays for 6000 points (Promo 3, not compelling to be honest). But I expect that if I try to get another weekend night, I would get 6000 points (Promo 2) and it would also count as a night toward Promo 3.

Incidentally, I've noticed this same kind of overlapping promo with Starbucks rewards too.
Just gonna say that your Marriott promos are WAY better than mine. I got the 2k points for 2 stays, but then it unlocked 15k points for 6 stays! No way I've got 6 stays between here and the end of the promo period. Also, I haven't seen 2 promos overlap in a while.

Now, the Sbux overlapping promos are what it is all about. I probably spend too much time plotting what I can do to overlap sbux offers (esp. when there is a game going on). With Sbux for life, you can get 2 free plays per day without doing anything - just click on the link next to "purchase not required" and it will send you a link with a free play. I never get anything good in that game (whereas I can max out the points on Bingo pretty easily for a reasonable amount of sbux activity).

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter