• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn't realize there was so much hate for the swinging gondolas. That was AWESOME to me when we went :D I really enjoyed adding a little thrill factor to my ferris wheel :D
I would be all over the swinging ferris wheel, but half my family would probably hurl and/or faint, so unless I was on my own, that would be a no-go. Well, half my family might not get on the ride at all, so maybe I would be on my own anyway!

We’re being too good- how about some off topic? 🤣

Anyone catch this Disney lawsuit story today? I just need to do a sanity check... if bugs were in your food would you EVER go back to that restaurant? Because 100% I wouldn’t. (Unless I’d ordered bugs obviously but last I knew they’re not on the Poly Oasis menu 😂 )
This doesn’t pass the smell test :rolleyes:

I guess it didn't pass the taste test either. 🤭

source.gif

I didn't realize there was so much hate for the swinging gondolas. That was AWESOME to me when we went :D I really enjoyed adding a little thrill factor to my ferris wheel :D
I thought there was an extra thrill there as well but my dd19 really thought she was going to die!! She still says that is the scariest ride she’s ever been on 😂

Only a points chaser would be disappointed at all that a bill came in lower than expected :guilty:

Hubby had some dental work done that we'll pay for out of the HSA, so "free" spend for MSR. Finally got the bill and it's significantly lower than he told me it'd be. Evidently there was some miscommunication over total cost versus our after insurance cost.

So I'm not complaining, but won't lie, was disappointed for a few minutes :laughing: Now I gotta figure out a new plan. If I'd have known that I wouldn't have been chasing categories and deals with the BF shopping.
(I know, I know, @SouthFayetteFan , instead of having a MSR and category chase for the overflow, you have a MSR and another MSR for the extra. One day I'll hit that level...)

Quick question about Cap 1 Venture or Venture 1 rewards.... I see 2 cards, are they both travel erasers? can the 'miles' be combined and used in same account, or are they different things altogether? These seem like an interesting side track from the usual companies for random travel costs.... ETA also.... are these tougher to get than....some other cards we all know of? Could a 2 player crew get one of each? doe Cap1 allow getting both of these cards?

USPS delivery manager really needs to scan first class mail when its mailed rather than received at the local office ready for delivery. Really want to know if my new card shipped!

I'll add to this. I REALLY want to move, but dh doesn't. We don't need as much house as we have in FL right now, but even more so with dd going to university next year coupled with the fact that dh is almost never here. It's too much for me.
I have 4 bedrooms and they were full for Thanksgiving. I don't anticipate them being full again until next Thanksgiving. I don't need a house this big. I want to fix it up and sell it. Not likely though.

The CSR covers you for trip cancellation and trip interruption. Separate insurance covers a whole lot more. Like medical evacuation (what I'm most worried about for cruises) and medical (if your insurance doesn't cover you outside the country). It may also cover things like missed connection (if you miss the ship), cancel for work reasons, etc.
We bought trip insurance, in addition to what the CSR offers, to cover all the flights booked with miles (to/from US and internal Australia) and for some cancellation reasons not covered by the CSR.
$10 off $50 at Lowe's Amex offer on my account this morning. Both kids also had it on their accounts. Guess I'm buying three $50 Kroger gift cards at Lowe's this week.
Got it too, thanks for sharing!

Quick question about Cap 1 Venture or Venture 1 rewards.... I see 2 cards, are they both travel erasers? can the 'miles' be combined and used in same account, or are they different things altogether? These seem like an interesting side track from the usual companies for random travel costs.... ETA also.... are these tougher to get than....some other cards we all know of? Could a 2 player crew get one of each? doe Cap1 allow getting both of these cards?
sorry to quote myself, but for those of you who have used this card and the 'eraser'- do you really have 90 days to erase a travel purchase using miles? does this include a purchase thru their hotels.com link?

Does anyone know if Advanced Auto Parts sells 3rd party gift cards? I have offers on my Chase cards for 20% cashback. TIA!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter