• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

I love credit cards so much! v3.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tried to app for a CIU last night. Got the circle circle circle of we are thinking forever, got the email right away that someone checked credit then it crashed saying I needed to restart application. Called the status line last night and it says no new applications in last 30 days. Was about to redo app this morning when I see email that says thank you for interest in a credit card. So did I apply or not?? lol I have no idea. I remember others had problems with the status line. It still says no applications on file this morning.

As a follow up to this, I got the congratulations email this morning! Kept forgetting to have DH call to see if the app really went through. Congratulations email immediately followed by my Mint emails, usually Mint is the first sign.

Thank goodness for points! Our 7 nights in Aruba would have been $4400- but instead 75k Hyatt for 3 nights, 3 FNC + 80k Hilton points. Plus SW flights for a steal! = a very, merry tropical Christmas!

I have the Hyatt Aruba booked for April (entire family) and can't wait. We also have a Zilara Cancun trip on the books for March but I am skeptical that we will do that since not sure I am comfortable yet leaving our little one (would be 13 months) with the in laws.

We are flying out of STL on Friday. We usually use our Priority Pass at the pasta house restaurant and get $56 to use. There is a new lounge that is open called Wingtips Lounge. I was wondering if anyone has by chance used it. I'd like to check it out, but hate to not eat at the Pasta House! Can we use the pass at the Pasta House and then use it to check out the new lounge? I checked and they are both open. I was happy to see that, we flew in July and they were both closed at that time, so we had to pay to eat at Burger King :rolleyes:.

And, my sweet little Residence Inn, Bartram Park, south of Jacksonville, Fl has gone from 10K in Feb 2020, to 15K - 20K range. 20K for the night I wanted.

This was a great jumping off point for Disney trips. Right off 95 southbound just south of 295 in a 'new' area with a number of food options. I was hoping to get another season out of it as a stopover, but now will search for a less points option.

Or, use points at the brand new HI Express a 100 yards or so away. 15K IHG points is fairly cheap. I could even sacrifice my IHG FNC on this since it only costs me $49. They also have a Hampton Inn option here but I haven't got any Hilton Honors points right now.

These short driving hops once I get to Florida give me time to do recreational things such as beaches, museums, state or national parks, shopping, or whatever floats my boat.

I may still do the Residence Inn because what's posted on Marriott's site in October could rise or fall by January. But, I do need to reserve now and then start monitoring for any changes.

If I book a trip on the Chase portal on AA that has no change fees and we can't take the trip, is it difficult to get the points back? AA refunded to my credit card the trips that were canceled this spring but is it more complicated to get UR back? And since it's so far in the future, how are changes (if we have to tweak dates) handled with UR if there are no change fees? There are really good prices to Italy for next summer - haven't seen them so low in the past 3/4 years that I've been looking.

We are flying out of STL on Friday. We usually use our Priority Pass at the pasta house restaurant and get $56 to use. There is a new lounge that is open called Wingtips Lounge. I was wondering if anyone has by chance used it. I'd like to check it out, but hate to not eat at the Pasta House! Can we use the pass at the Pasta House and then use it to check out the new lounge? I checked and they are both open. I was happy to see that, we flew in July and they were both closed at that time, so we had to pay to eat at Burger King :rolleyes:.

We have never used the priority benefits, any tips? We are a family of 4 and DH has the CSR & Brilliant which both have the benefits.

We have never used the priority benefits, any tips? We are a family of 4 and DH has the CSR & Brilliant which both have the benefits.

Are you flying out of STL? That's the only place I've ever used them. In Terminal 2, they have a Pasta House restaurant you can use them at. You order off the menu and get $28 value per person, up to a $56 value if you have multiple people with you. I'm not sure how it would work if both cards are in DH's name. We only have one card right now. STL also has the Wingtips lounge in Terminal 2. I've never been to it, but will probably check it out on Friday. It looks pretty nice.

Terminal 1 also has a Pasta House restaurant you can use your pass at, but it is before security, so the only time we've used it is when we had a flight get cancelled and we ate there on our way out. It was the only bright spot to that day.

I also think you have to request the Priority Pass prior to your trip. I know we have a physical card. They also have an app, but I have never used it to receive the benefits.

If I book a trip on the Chase portal on AA that has no change fees and we can't take the trip, is it difficult to get the points back? AA refunded to my credit card the trips that were canceled this spring but is it more complicated to get UR back? And since it's so far in the future, how are changes (if we have to tweak dates) handled with UR if there are no change fees? There are really good prices to Italy for next summer - haven't seen them so low in the past 3/4 years that I've been looking.
I had an AA trip booked with UR's. Yes, they had no change fees, but because the flight was not cancelled on their end, they would only give me credit. So now have a $1200 AA credit on my UR account, that I will never be able to use.

Are you flying out of STL? That's the only place I've ever used them. In Terminal 2, they have a Pasta House restaurant you can use them at. You order off the menu and get $28 value per person, up to a $56 value if you have multiple people with you. I'm not sure how it would work if both cards are in DH's name. We only have one card right now. STL also has the Wingtips lounge in Terminal 2. I've never been to it, but will probably check it out on Friday. It looks pretty nice.

Terminal 1 also has a Pasta House restaurant you can use your pass at, but it is before security, so the only time we've used it is when we had a flight get cancelled and we ate there on our way out. It was the only bright spot to that day.

I also think you have to request the Priority Pass prior to your trip. I know we have a physical card. They also have an app, but I have never used it to receive the benefits.
We have a SW layover.

I had an AA trip booked with UR's. Yes, they had no change fees, but because the flight was not cancelled on their end, they would only give me credit. So now have a $1200 AA credit on my UR account, that I will never be able to use.
I’m confused- so you have to contact UR to use this AA credit now? It’s not linked to you to book yourself directly with AA but is somehow linked to UR instead? I would have thought AA would issue you a voucher.

Booked a Disney Trip this weekend for May 9-16th. We rent points from friend of ours (he basically just charges us the annual dues he pays). We like staying at BWV and there was not much left already in any of the DVC rooms. So, we got a 1 Bedroom Pool/Garden View at BWV. Usually get a Studio - only me and DS21 and DD19 (DH is not a fan). Will be nice to have the extra room and full kitchen and washer/dryer. Fingers crossed that park hopping will be back by then and hopefully masks will be relaxed a bit (at least outside).

There really was no other times as DS will be graduating college the day before we leave so not sure where he will be job wise and DD hopefully will be in the Nursing Program (she applies in February) so she could be pretty busy too. We will make the best of it - not matter what is going on.

I have Citi Points I am using for the tickets and have around $1700 in Disney Gift Cards - so that will cover food and anything else.

I’m confused- so you have to contact UR to use this AA credit now? It’s not linked to you to book yourself directly with AA but is somehow linked to UR instead? I would have thought AA would issue you a voucher.
yes, because it was booked through Chase, they had to cancel it and issue the credit. Even if it was with AA I still couldn't use it. I have no more use for AA between now and the end of next year, and certainly not for that amount. Nothing I can do, I have just accepted it.

yes, because it was booked through Chase, they had to cancel it and issue the credit. Even if it was with AA I still couldn't use it. I have no more use for AA between now and the end of next year, and certainly not for that amount. Nothing I can do, I have just accepted it.
I'm sorry, is the credit non-transferable?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter