• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

I love credit cards so much! v3.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Are there any large family rentals through the UR portal near wdw that people recommend? I was looking at Wyndham bonnet creek but I can’t find any availability for their 3 bedroom suite in September. I’m looking at something for my traveling party of 13. I know UR lists homes now — but those always say sold out. Is there a way to use those that I’m currently failing at?
I was looking at ski condo rentals and they also were all sold out. It was a preliminary scan to see what I might plan for next year, so I didn't spend much time. I wonder if they don't really have any "live" house rentals.

I was looking at ski condo rentals and they also were all sold out. It was a preliminary scan to see what I might plan for next year, so I didn't spend much time. I wonder if they don't really have any "live" house rentals.
I found the same thing when looking for ski rentals. Then i looked at Pittsburgh and they actually had houses/condos available. So apparently they are available sometimes, just not when or where you want them 🤪

Oooooof I am SO ANNOYED. My husband just got his W-2 and the company included his 401k contributions in his taxable income. *headdesk* I guess we have to wait on a corrected form now.
I hate it when you have to train someone else’s accountants. I’m still waiting to here back from my old HSA bank about the tax forms they screwed up.

What a stupid system this is *grumble grumble grumble*

We just stayed in the Bricktown area of OKC right before Christmas. We booked Hampton Inn through Chase because Hilton point requirements were really high compared to what the actual rate was. Our hotel backed right up to the minor league baseball stadium downtown, and was very family friendly with a nice zero entry indoor pool. We did have to pay parking each night, but the parking garage had an elevator into the lobby, so at least it was convenient! There were a lot of the major hotel chains in that area, so I'd imagine they are all similarly convenient. Even though it was December, the area was very walkable to get to restaurants, and more!
Thanks! I looked at a few hotels briefly to get an idea of points/price and I know one was Bricktown area.

[QUOTE="striker1064, post: 61494569, ]

If anything, adverse action makes me burn my points faster - can't take away what I don't have anymore! - but that was my attitude pre-AA and pre-Amex clawbacks anyway.
[/QUOTE]

This is my motto too. You never know when a program will be devalued, so might as well enjoy 'em while you got 'em!

For anyone who hasn't used their AmEx Sam's Club membership offer yet, the Sam's Join for $45 get $45 back promotion is back!
Valid 1/27 - 3/8/2020

https://www.doctorofcredit.com/sams-club-join-for-45-get-45-money-maker-after-stacking/
It worked for me last year to stack this with a new member GC offer. You kinda layer your links to set all the cookies and it'll add each offer onto the order.
You'd load the promo link they send in the email but don't finish checking out. Then you'd load something like a support link to get a eGC added to the order in the same tab. Now you'd finish checking out.

I gave up waiting for this promo to come back and used another link for $20 eGC. I stacked that with my support link (signed up hubby this year) and I have two $20 eGCs attached to my membership order BUT nothing has shipped yet so there's no charge on the AmEx yet :(. I don't think it's necessarily the stacking that has our order delayed, others successfully do this, but it is an oddity I thought I'd mention. (it's just weird they haven't charged the membership charge yet. it went pending but just dropped off today since they didn't finalize it. :confused3 )

Okay, I'm really confused by Sam's. The membership I signed up for last year is about to expire mid February.

So DD has an AU card on my Amex card since many years back and she gets all the offers on it but rarely bothers with it. So I usually track her offers. The ones I want to use I usually just use the card or sometimes Samsung pay.

I asked her would she sign up for a Sam's club membership so we did it on Saturday. Sent her a referral where she gets $20 and I get $10. She also had the $15 0ff $30 offer and the $25 off $45, so free plus $15.

This morning I went in her account and ordered an egift card to qualify for the $15 off $30 as that expires on 1/31. I found 2 of the $20 egift cards listed in her account plus a $10 egift card. I have no idea what that's all about.

Both charges are still pending with Amex. I'll check it all in a few days and eventually cancel my membership before they charge me for another year. She can add me on as the 'free' household member at that point.

So, I'll sit back and wait to see what happens.

Dusted off my old Chase points, moved some over and booked two nights (points + cash) at the Hyatt Boston Harbor for my Aerosmith trip.

Next up: flights. Not sure I want to wait for Southwest.
My Boston friends say SW doesn't have many good flights from BOS and prefer Jet Blue, if you are looking to book sooner.

Dh and I had a meeting with our financial advisor tonight via webcam. We had a really long meeting and talked about a lot of important things coming up. One main thing on our list is to get our wills made before the baby comes. He talked us through all of that. We also decided we are more than likely refinancing our mortgage. Dh is curious if chase will give us more bonus points for that. I think he messaged them. Dh is on a good track to retire early so that’s exciting!

Okay, I'm really confused by Sam's. The membership I signed up for last year is about to expire mid February.

So DD has an AU card on my Amex card since many years back and she gets all the offers on it but rarely bothers with it. So I usually track her offers. The ones I want to use I usually just use the card or sometimes Samsung pay.

I asked her would she sign up for a Sam's club membership so we did it on Saturday. Sent her a referral where she gets $20 and I get $10. She also had the $15 0ff $30 offer and the $25 off $45, so free plus $15.

This morning I went in her account and ordered an egift card to qualify for the $15 off $30 as that expires on 1/31. I found 2 of the $20 egift cards listed in her account plus a $10 egift card. I have no idea what that's all about.

Both charges are still pending with Amex. I'll check it all in a few days and eventually cancel my membership before they charge me for another year. She can add me on as the 'free' household member at that point.

So, I'll sit back and wait to see what happens.

That's exactly what happened to mine! I just checked and we have 2x $20 plus the $10. I kinda assumed the $10 was supposed to be sent to me and didn't think much of it being there after we ordered, but on second thought that seems odd. Maybe my two links didn't stack and it's a odd glitch with referral links right now??

For your renewal, just check in on "Auto renew settings" link on your Account Information page. Turn off the auto renewal and your membership will automatically cancel after the expiration date.

I'm thinking of having hubby call/chat and play dumb and see what's the hold up on the shipping. The order says it should have shipped the next day, since they're eGC, but it's all still sitting there as In Progress. I'm not usually in a hurry to pay for things but I kinda wanted that charge to post by the 31st for the AmEx offer. :rolleyes:

@smallsy hahaha ITA on the name. He does not but you having that problem surprises me 0! I used to work there (but not for them, paycheck from a different compaby) and all of my coworkers actually employed by them always had issues like that!

@gottalovepluto and the hilarious thing is my husband IS an accountant haha His company contracts out their payroll stuff though but still, come on nowhaha

So I was telling a friend from work about this hobby and she was very interested... interested enough to mention it to another mutual friend who approached me this evening asking about it. I saw the familiar eye glaze start to take over... so we shall see if either of them is interested enough to ask for details!

Really wishing I had an MSR on CIP right now since I am having to buy more Disneyland tickets through UCT. Can't remember if I mentioned that my son got asked to accompany his best friend to DL for the friend's 16th birthday... over President's Day Weekend. And the friend's primary goal is ROTR so we will be having a tutoring session (hopefully) this weekend.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter