I love credit cards so much! v3.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ugh tested positive for the flu today. Started tamiflu although my flu symptoms are pretty mild at the moment. I'll have to see if I have any side effects from the tamiflu and whether those are worse than another day of the flu.

My primary symptom is a cough that is causing a stabbing pain in my upper chest. Can anyone recommend an OTC cough medicine that actually works?

YAY!!! Good for you! Jammies coming your way!

Oh boy, loaded question. I love Edinburgh and could happily stay there for a week. But Edinburgh is my favorite city in the world so this is a very biased opinion.

If I had a week and was taking someone to Scotland for the first time, I would stay in Edinburgh for a couple of days, visit St. Giles Cathedral, do the Real Mary King Close tour, go to Edinburgh castle, visit Hollyrood Palace see Greyfriar's Kirkyard do some walking tours etc. I would also book a 3 day Isle of Skye/Highlands tour that picked me up from Edinburgh and had an itinerary like this one.

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Attract...s_Tour_from_Edinburgh-Edinburgh_Scotland.html

In my opinion, you can't truly experience Scotland until you've visited Skye and explored the Highlands.

I love visiting London and I enjoy the English countryside very much. But it doesn't hold a candle compared to visiting Skye and the Highlands for me. I'm not caught up yet and don't know if @tink1970 or @CaliforniaGirl09 have chimed in yet but I know both enjoy visiting Scotland.
Thanks for this. We'll be heading to Edinburgh as well for 2 days at the end of July so all the information about the area is appreciated.

Amex, Amex, why do you not like me? Tried one last time for the BBP with the elevated offer from DH support link that ends today. Pop-up. >:(

Log into DH account and see he is pre-approved for BBP. I click to see the offer - 20K MRs for 5K spend. Auto approval. Yeah for him but why not me! I He added myself me as an employee. I'll use on my Spring Break trip to help with MSR. Now at least when I cancel his Biz Green in a year, he'll have a place for his MRs.

So currently working on Biz Green MSR - 1100 left
DH SW plus $5K ($1K in 3 mo; remainder 6 mo) approved earlier this week.
BBP $5K

With all that, probably shouldn't have gone for BBP, but I was afraid it would disappear and at 20K MR, it seemed too good to pass up. Also I can MS the SW card pretty easy.

Thanks for the tour info! I've saved their website, after spending 30 minutes drooling :rotfl:
Saving all of this for our 2021 trip 👍
Thanks for this. We'll be heading to Edinburgh as well for 2 days at the end of July so all the information about the area is appreciated.

Ok then I will add these. My favorite pub in Edinburgh is The Whiski Bar & Restaurant. It's my go to every trip. Do visit The World's End Pub for lunch at the end of the Royal Mile. If you like Cider even just a little bit, then try a Thistly Cross Cider. I know Haggis sounds disgusting and no one was more surprised than I was to discover it tastes really good! Lasagna used to be my favorite food and now it is Haggis. Try some Haggis! If you like Harry Potter, do a Harry Potter tour. These are loads of fun! If you want to see a good aerial view of your surroundings, hike up Arthur's Seat. I managed it despite the fact that I am not athletic or young. Amazing view. If you visit during the month of August, I highly recommend getting tickets to see the Royal Military Edinburgh Tattoo. Make sure to take time to stop and see some Heelan Coos (Highland Cows). They are just adorable!

If you still have more to do, check out FreeTaxUSA. We too have a rental property that we sold last year so we would have needed the most expensive Turbo Tax option ourselves, and I was just fed up with how much they charge.

FreeTaxUSA is listed on the IRS website as an approved e-filer and they are significantly less expensive. I believe ours is $6.99, and to do state it was a little more add-on. And I find the tools to actually be more robust than TT.

https://apps.irs.gov/app/freeFile/
I'll have to check this out. I am a spreadsheet diyer and file with FreeFillableForms. But for under $10, I might go for that.

Ugh tested positive for the flu today. Started tamiflu although my flu symptoms are pretty mild at the moment. I'll have to see if I have any side effects from the tamiflu and whether those are worse than another day of the flu.

My primary symptom is a cough that is causing a stabbing pain in my upper chest. Can anyone recommend an OTC cough medicine that actually works?

Did you get the flu vaccine? (asking since I did, but I know some years they don't pick the right strains). I use Delsym and it's the only one that seems to help me at all. I hope you feel better soon.

Sorry, for my charge I was referring to,it was the join/membership 25/45 deal...took like 3 weeks to post! I used the other amex offers to buy actual items I picked up IRL.
@miztressuz - my $10 referral just came through for Sam's. Daughter doesn't get home from work til 6ish so I'll check to see what she gets.

The page showing the 2 x$20 plus 1 x $10 egift cards now just shows my Disney gc purchase.

Amex still pending.

Edit: only one $20 egift card was sent.
The e-gift card came in less than an hour for me. Check email/spam.
Thanks everyone!

So my update after whining this morning :p - this afternoon we both got the referral GC's! I got my $10 and hubby got his $20 as the new member. I checked the order and it shows the whole things as "Shipped" now but we never got the $20 new member GC for the offer we tried to layer with it. That eGC is showing as "Shipped" as well on the order so we'll give it a bit. We've been checking the Inbox and Spam every day since we signed up and we haven't seen it.

Now for the more interesting bit: Our order shows the $45 membership fee plus $50 worth of eGC for a subtotal of $95, a savings of $50 so the final total was $45 for the membership. That was the pending charge on 1/21. It was still showing that yesterday on the order.
Checking the order after the GC's came in today, somehow we have a savings of $63.85 :confused3 Have no idea how they came up with that number.
What's even odder is the charge popped up on the AmEx as $13.85 :confused:
I have no idea what's going on here. I guess if we only pay $13.85 for the membership we're still ahead?? But I'm confused.

I am sorry to hear this. I had the flu in October and it hit me really hard. A lot of rest and fluids seemed to help as well as nighttime Theraflu to help me sleep at night. Hope you feel better very soon.

Can anyone recommend an OTC cough medicine that actually works?

I second what @mmmears said about Delsym. Only OTC that works for me. It's not foolproof but it works. I get the dry hacking eye watering people ask if you're choking coughs (mostly in important meetings where everyone is super quiet) and it helps. Honey helps too.

Feel better soon. DH tested positive on our last day in Florida and Tamilfu seemed to help with duration and symptoms. He had 1 awful day, 2 bad cold days, and probably 3-4 I'm feeling better and bored but not a ton of energy days.

AY!!! Good for you! Jammies coming your way!

Oh boy, loaded question. I love Edinburgh and could happily stay there for a week. But Edinburgh is my favorite city in the world so this is a very biased opinion.

If I had a week and was taking someone to Scotland for the first time, I would stay in Edinburgh for a couple of days, visit St. Giles Cathedral, do the Real Mary King Close tour, go to Edinburgh castle, visit Hollyrood Palace see Greyfriar's Kirkyard do some walking tours etc. I would also book a 3 day Isle of Skye/Highlands tour that picked me up from Edinburgh and had an itinerary like this one.

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Attract...s_Tour_from_Edinburgh-Edinburgh_Scotland.html

In my opinion, you can't truly experience Scotland until you've visited Skye and explored the Highlands.
Thanks so much for the tips!

I was leaning this way. I booked another night at the WA Edinburgh on points. Then I could take the tour you mention above and spend the last 2 nights back at the WA using FNCs. That would work out perfectly! I might also see what Scott Dunn could put together for me, but since I'll be solo I think I'd prefer to be with a group.

I have used Free Tax USA for several years now. Our taxes are pretty easy and straightforward, but I really like the Free Tax website. It’s very user friendly and spells things out in plain English. I also find discount codes for filing every year with a simple Google search. Cost is around $5. If we ever get a refund it’s usually deposited within a week.

Still waiting...

Glad you could get it done. Did the number from Swan eventually work?
We’re going to USO for a weekend in March and not telling DS until that morning. Although I haven’t decided if we’ll even tell him where we’re going until we get there.
I had booked the Swan through a 3rd party so I had to call the Marriott Swan first for the Marriott confirmation number. And then close to 72 hours after I made the reservation, I could finally link using just that 8 digit confirmation.

I was originally doing USO in March since we already have passes but DS asked if we could go back to Disney soon since we go to USO so often. So I decided to make it happen for his 13th birthday.

Where are you staying at USO?

Did you get the flu vaccine? (asking since I did, but I know some years they don't pick the right strains). I use Delsym and it's the only one that seems to help me at all. I hope you feel better soon.
I am sorry to hear this. I had the flu in October and it hit me really hard. A lot of rest and fluids seemed to help as well as nighttime Theraflu to help me sleep at night. Hope you feel better very soon.
I second what @mmmears said about Delsym. Only OTC that works for me. It's not foolproof but it works. I get the dry hacking eye watering people ask if you're choking coughs (mostly in important meetings where everyone is super quiet) and it helps. Honey helps too.

Feel better soon. DH tested positive on our last day in Florida and Tamilfu seemed to help with duration and symptoms. He had 1 awful day, 2 bad cold days, and probably 3-4 I'm feeling better and bored but not a ton of energy days.
Another vote for Delsym

Thanks for the Delsym testimonials. We actually have a generic that's only a little past the expiration date so I'll give that a try, and pick up a new bottle tomorrow.

I did not get the flu shot this year. I don't really have any good excuses. So far I've felt somewhat bad for about 24 hours but nothing that's really worse than a cold. If it weren't for the cough I really wouldn't have any symptoms except for a slight fever.

I'm currently running all of the bedding through the dryer to hopefully kill any viruses that might still be alive. DH is sleeping in one of the kid's rooms so he asked me why I didn't just wait until tomorrow since I'll obviously just have to do the same thing again until I'm no longer contagious. I told him that the cats sleep on our bed during the day and I don't want them getting infected. He now thinks I might be suffering from some of those psychological side effects of the tamiflu.

Thanks for the Delsym testimonials. We actually have a generic that's only a little past the expiration date so I'll give that a try, and pick up a new bottle tomorrow.

I did not get the flu shot this year. I don't really have any good excuses. So far I've felt somewhat bad for about 24 hours but nothing that's really worse than a cold. If it weren't for the cough I really wouldn't have any symptoms except for a slight fever.

I'm currently running all of the bedding through the dryer to hopefully kill any viruses that might still be alive. DH is sleeping in one of the kid's rooms so he asked me why I didn't just wait until tomorrow since I'll obviously just have to do the same thing again until I'm no longer contagious. I told him that the cats sleep on our bed during the day and I don't want them getting infected. He now thinks I might be suffering from some of those psychological side effects of the tamiflu.

My first thought was that can't be a thing - cats don't catch human flu. Googled it and they do! Huh. The things I learn from this thread, lol.

Hope you feel better soon!

My first thought was that can't be a thing - cats don't catch human flu. Googled it and they do! Huh. The things I learn from this thread, lol.

Hope you feel better soon!

I know! I was a little surprised but I was in full-on google everything about the flu so I typed it in. If the sources I found are reputable, it's more likely to happen with a flu like swine flu (I have flu A) but there have been some reported cases of pets contracting flu A from people. Our cats are solidly middle age and otherwise in good health so I'm not super worried (older and sickly cats are more at risk) but it's an easy precaution to take so why not.

I had booked the Swan through a 3rd party so I had to call the Marriott Swan first for the Marriott confirmation number. And then close to 72 hours after I made the reservation, I could finally link using just that 8 digit confirmation.

I was originally doing USO in March since we already have passes but DS asked if we could go back to Disney soon since we go to USO so often. So I decided to make it happen for his 13th birthday.

Where are you staying at USO?
I used URs to book Hard Rock club level. It’s the weekend before DSs 11th bday. We will also be at Universal Hollywood in June, which he knows about. I finally convinced him to watch Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone. He has not been interested until now (and didn’t like the tiny bit he watched in the past) but I wanted him to understand some of the Harry Potter stuff at USH/USO. Well, he really liked it and has now read the first 2 books, in less than a week. It’s huge because he hates to read. I mean absolutely, kicking and screaming, hates reading. The only reading he’s ever done is the required reading for school. I’m pretty sure he won’t get through the last few books as they are kind of dark and likely to give him nightmares but I’m so glad he’s actually enjoying a book. Plus now he’ll be excited for Universal even more.

I know! I was a little surprised but I was in full-on google everything about the flu so I typed it in. If the sources I found are reputable, it's more likely to happen with a flu like swine flu (I have flu A) but there have been some reported cases of pets contracting flu A from people. Our cats are solidly middle age and otherwise in good health so I'm not super worried (older and sickly cats are more at risk) but it's an easy precaution to take so why not.

I had no idea! And just to make sure, I wasn't blaming you for not getting the shot. I just wanted to know because some years they guess better than others.

Ok SW experts I need a little help. We have decided to extend our spring break trip for another day, so I need to cancel & rebook our flights. I’ve never cancelled a SW flight, too chicken. I always envision cancelling then the new flight disappearing so I’m stuck. DH and I are booked on points, DS is DHs Companion.
So I need to cancel Companion flight, then cancel our flight, right? Then rebook ours and add Companion back on. So taxes go back on the cc paid with and EBCI gets refunded or do you get travel funds?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter