I love credit cards so much! v3.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
So apparently at 32 weeks I still don't look pregnant? I had two different people at Grand Floridian Cafe ask what 32 weeks was for on my button. One of them asked if it was an anniversary lol. Of 32 weeks??? It must've been the outfit I wore today I guess.
Enjoy it!! Believe me when I say that with baby #2 and definitely any beyond, there will be no question what 32 weeks mean!

There are certain items in my everyday life that maybe as an older individual I just sort of resent having to pay for. One of these is cell phone data usage. So, when Xfinity announced their new cell phone plans a few years back, I was one of the first to jump on their bandwagon and take advantage of the baseline rates which were tailor made to my usual consumption of mobile data.

Fast forward to the last couple of months. I was having trouble sending pictures some of the time - not always but occasionally. This got really irritating when I got my new phone and realized I was having the same problem.

A recent update to the phones resulted in the inability to send pics over wifi some of the time - most notably on Xfinity home wifi. The only way to get a pic to go was to turn your wifi off and turn your mobile data on. I learned this last night after using my friend Google.

Xfinity tries to blame it on Samsung. Samsung says it is a carrier issue. Xfinity has no answer when the iOS users started reporting the same problems.

Not only do you get mobile data usage on outgoing pics, but also on incoming pics, and gifs and anything that is just not regular letters and numbers. I discovered this as my son in law sent me 6 pics of my grand daughters yesterday and I watched my mobile data usage tick upwards with mobile data turned off. I had no ability to stop the pics from coming in. In the past, with mobile data turned off, the pics would not have opened until mobile data was turned on, or I was in a wifi range if mobile data was off.

Anyway, I've gone into settings and turned off everything I could find and now I can talk and text and use the internet with wifi, take pictures and a few other things that are not data dependent.

Meanwhile Xfinity is saying that a 'fix' is coming in early March. It's been telling this story since early last year according to it's own forums.

I can afford a data plan. Not the issue. I just don't see a need to pay for it when I have already paid for wifi access everywhere I am almost 24/7. Sending and receiving pics through text with my kids has been one of favorite phone activities. Now until this is resolved I'll be using email.

What are the expected temperatures in Death Valley? Still as high as they were forecasting last week?

When in July are you going to Glacier? I have that park mentally pencilled-in for next summer. I also want to rebook a North Rim/Bryce/Zion trip that we cancelled in favor of Rome, though I'm thinking late September or early October of next year for that.
Death Valley is showing mid 80s right now. Joshua Tree and Vegas are higher than normal as well mid 70s. As long as we get out early we should be fine. I’d prefer lower though.

Glacier is July 8-18. I wanted to go earlier in the season to avoid or at least minimize risk of wildfires. But I also wanted to make sure GTTSR was open. So not too early. Wildfire season is August but can occur anytime.

Bryce/Zion late in the season sound good. A coworker went in Mid-October. She did say there was some ice/snow at Bryce. I’m not sure how early they get snow at the North Rim.

Quick question I need to call and change my Disney visa to the one with no AF. I tried to email, they said I have to call. I have about $800 in Disney rewards dollars at the moment. Will I lose them in the PC so I should cash them out now? Or will they stay despite the card changing?

So apparently at 32 weeks I still don't look pregnant? I had two different people at Grand Floridian Cafe ask what 32 weeks was for on my button. One of them asked if it was an anniversary lol. Of 32 weeks??? It must've been the outfit I wore today I guess.
Oh my gosh, I feel you. My last baby I had a scheduled c section at 35 weeks due to being high risk. It was scheduled for a Friday. On Monday, I was at work (I'm a nurse) and had to float and work on another unit where people didn't know me as well and I said something about the baby and someone said "oh I didn't even know you were pregnant!" 😒 I'm a heavier mama anyway so it was never the beautiful basketball belly but come on! Lol

There are certain items in my everyday life that maybe as an older individual I just sort of resent having to pay for. One of these is cell phone data usage. So, when Xfinity announced their new cell phone plans a few years back, I was one of the first to jump on their bandwagon and take advantage of the baseline rates which were tailor made to my usual consumption of mobile data.

Fast forward to the last couple of months. I was having trouble sending pictures some of the time - not always but occasionally. This got really irritating when I got my new phone and realized I was having the same problem.

A recent update to the phones resulted in the inability to send pics over wifi some of the time - most notably on Xfinity home wifi. The only way to get a pic to go was to turn your wifi off and turn your mobile data on. I learned this last night after using my friend Google.

Xfinity tries to blame it on Samsung. Samsung says it is a carrier issue. Xfinity has no answer when the iOS users started reporting the same problems.

Not only do you get mobile data usage on outgoing pics, but also on incoming pics, and gifs and anything that is just not regular letters and numbers. I discovered this as my son in law sent me 6 pics of my grand daughters yesterday and I watched my mobile data usage tick upwards with mobile data turned off. I had no ability to stop the pics from coming in. In the past, with mobile data turned off, the pics would not have opened until mobile data was turned on, or I was in a wifi range if mobile data was off.

Anyway, I've gone into settings and turned off everything I could find and now I can talk and text and use the internet with wifi, take pictures and a few other things that are not data dependent.

Meanwhile Xfinity is saying that a 'fix' is coming in early March. It's been telling this story since early last year according to it's own forums.

I can afford a data plan. Not the issue. I just don't see a need to pay for it when I have already paid for wifi access everywhere I am almost 24/7. Sending and receiving pics through text with my kids has been one of favorite phone activities. Now until this is resolved I'll be using email.

I don’t blame you for being frustrated.
i don’t know what kind of data plan you have. I used to run into some of my kids blowing through data and found out that after some rate hikes an unlimited data plan wasn’t any more $ than what I was paying for in a limited data different plan. So I switched. Yes, it’s expensive but now I don’t have to worry about it. I still use WiFi whenever I can because things just work better that way.
I have AT&T and an iPhone. The only reason I use ATT is because in the weird boonies that I happen to live it works best.

Quick question I need to call and change my Disney visa to the one with no AF. I tried to email, they said I have to call. I have about $800 in Disney rewards dollars at the moment. Will I lose them in the PC so I should cash them out now? Or will they stay despite the card changing?
When I PC’d my card the number stayed same and the rewards stayed ......I did have to select a new design since the one I had was not offered on the no fee card

I don’t blame you for being frustrated.
i don’t know what kind of data plan you have. I used to run into some of my kids blowing through data and found out that after some rate hikes an unlimited data plan wasn’t any more $ than what I was paying for in a limited data different plan. So I switched. Yes, it’s expensive but now I don’t have to worry about it. I still use WiFi whenever I can because things just work better that way.
I have AT&T and an iPhone. The only reason I use ATT is because in the weird boonies that I happen to live it works best.

If I were still working I'd have a company paid phone but since I'm at home and not work dependent I really don't even need the minimum data.

My fancy phone is under utilized to begin with. It's really a glorified camera. And, daughter has the same plan. She uses wifi at work and at home and rarely needs data at all. We've never even come close to using up to the cost of the unlimited plan. My bill for both of us is less than $18 each month and unlimited is $45 for one person. There is now a $30 shared plan available for 3 gigs and another shared plan for $60 with I think 10gigs (from memory). We've never hit 3 gigs in 2 years. I think Xfinity miscalculated how some of us would use our plans and have now found a way to try and up our usage. We will see where this goes long term. Right now, I'm not changing anything. Bottom line, it's at my fingertips if I need to use it, lol!
In order to have an Xfinity phone service, you have to have 2 other services from Xfinity and we have basic Tv and internet - Blast internet for those with Comcast - for a total bill of $119.86 a month before cell phones which are billed separately. We own our own modem and router - did upgrades not too long ago as the equipment coming from Comcast was not the best. This lowered our bill by a few dollars a month.
So, we can stream whatever we need (smart Tv's) and have tv only to fullfil the contract requirements, and to help me get some sleep - if I turn it on I fall asleep!

I did notice that there is a promo for 'free' movies the week of March 2 to 8 I believe I read.

Back in the day I paid a lot for phone, internet and TV - over $200 a month for phones alone, then add cable. Not going back there.

Some new Amex offers - I thought this one was Firehouse Subs which is close, but Jersey Mike's is not too far and close enough for DD to pick up on her way from work. I've also got another Hilton offer on a different Amex that I think is new for in country use as opposed to Mexico and Europe offers. Yet they won't give me a Hilton card....yet.
Terms apply.
Add to Card

Offer merchant logo

Spend $15 or more, get $5 back. Up to 2 times (total of $10).
Jersey Mike's Subs
Expires
04/30/2020
Add to Card
Offer merchant logo

Spend $150 or more, get $40 back
Ring
Expires
04/05/2020
Add to Card
Offer merchant logo

Spend $200 or more, get $40 back
Hampton by Hilton & Hilton Garden Inn
Expires
06/30/2020
Add to Card
Offer merchant logo

Spend $25 or more, get $5 back
Chuck E. Cheese
Expires
06/14/2020
Add to Card
Offer merchant logo

Spend $40 or more, get $10 back
OmahaSteaks.com
Expires
06/21/2020
Add to Card
Offer merchant logo

Spend $75 or more, get $15 back
Bloomingdale's
Expires
05/31/2020
Add to Card
Offer merchant logo

Spend $300 or more, get $70 back
Vilebrequin - French Luxury Swimwear
Expires
06/01/2020
Add to Card
Offer merchant logo

Spend $150 or more, get $30 back
DXL - Men's Big + Tall
Expires
06/30/2020
Add to Card
Offer merchant logo

Spend $150 or more, get $30 back
Cole Haan
Expires
05/31/2020
Add to Card
Offer merchant logo

Spend $600 or more, get $120 back
Farfetch.com - Luxury Apparel
Expires
05/30/2020
Add to Card
Offer merchant logo

Spend $50 or more, get $10 back
Lulus.com - On-trend women’s fashion.

Ok - here it goes. I read the sticky posts last night, but I may have missed something. Our goal is to find a new rewards credit card. We are currently using Disney Chase visa (the paid version) for everyday spending. We have $2000 reward dollars saved up for our October trip, but we don't frequent Disney so I would like to find something with more flexible rewards.

- My husband and I use our credit card for every day spending, as well as paying any bills that accept credit cards
- We open to sharing one CC account or having separate CC accounts to double up on signup bonuses (if rewards can be combined, that would be great)
- Our main airline we travel is Allegiant. We do also have United and American Airlines in our local airport. We rarely drive to another airport to travel
- We generally take 1-2 vacations per year
- We like staying at Hilton branded hotels
- We have not applied for any credit cards in years, and have excellent credit, so approval shouldn't be an issue
- We don't mind an annual fee of up to $95 if the rewards are worth it

What rewards card would you recommend?

Staples is on RMN for 8% back today for online purchases. Of course I bought two $100 DGC's yesterday using my Chase offers at 5% back. I went ahead and did another order today with a $10 Chase offer, will probably place one or two more using my two 10% chase offers. I did get an email this morning that one of my orders from yesterday tracked so fingers crossed it sticks!

As some of you know, I am a consultant, but only to one company, for which I am under contract. Recently one of my co-workers has been frequently texting me about work. Since I use my personal phone (and don't get any kind of phone allowance), I kindly asked that she keep written communication to e-mails (the issue is she took an e-mail that I sent to her about a problem customer and forwarded it to him accidentally). She balked and is not taking it well, saying how can she call me and communicate with me? I'm thinking what the heck? I told her that I never said she couldn't call me on my cell phone, I just asked that work-related communication (we are friends outside of work) be kept to e-mail. I am wondering if I should have said anything. I wouldn't have, but she started texting me about work a few times a day and I was getting really annoyed! I asked the company if they wanted to provide an allowance for my personal phone, but they said no (we do have an APP for work-related calls, but I don't use it because it constantly drops calls!). I am planning on transitioning out of the company sometime before the end of the summer (when I move back home) so I am not looking to cause any ripples!

Staples is on RMN for 8% back today for online purchases. Of course I bought two $100 DGC's yesterday using my Chase offers at 5% back. I went ahead and did another order today with a $10 Chase offer, will probably place one or two more using my two 10% chase offers. I did get an email this morning that one of my orders from yesterday tracked so fingers crossed it sticks!

I have a $15 chase offer, but it's not working for Gift Cards. Am I missing something or do you have different offers?

Oh my gosh, I feel you. My last baby I had a scheduled c section at 35 weeks due to being high risk. It was scheduled for a Friday. On Monday, I was at work (I'm a nurse) and had to float and work on another unit where people didn't know me as well and I said something about the baby and someone said "oh I didn't even know you were pregnant!" 😒 I'm a heavier mama anyway so it was never the beautiful basketball belly but come on! Lol
I feel absolutely huge so I think that’s why I’m confused people can’t tell. I’ve literally gained all of my weight in my stomach and chest.

As some of you know, I am a consultant, but only to one company, for which I am under contract. Recently one of my co-workers has been frequently texting me about work. Since I use my personal phone (and don't get any kind of phone allowance), I kindly asked that she keep written communication to e-mails (the issue is she took an e-mail that I sent to her about a problem customer and forwarded it to him accidentally). She balked and is not taking it well, saying how can she call me and communicate with me? I'm thinking what the heck? I told her that I never said she couldn't call me on my cell phone, I just asked that work-related communication (we are friends outside of work) be kept to e-mail. I am wondering if I should have said anything. I wouldn't have, but she started texting me about work a few times a day and I was getting really annoyed! I asked the company if they wanted to provide an allowance for my personal phone, but they said no (we do have an APP for work-related calls, but I don't use it because it constantly drops calls!). I am planning on transitioning out of the company sometime before the end of the summer (when I move back home) so I am not looking to cause any ripples!

Can you say you want to have a paper trail and you don't want to have to send screenshots od texts that may also include personal stuff to your work email? Or just say you only text for personal reasons. I've worked places where I need and/or want a paper trail so that post it you want to give me needs to be emailed etc.

Amex upgrade offers....

I just got an offer to upgrade my Delta Biz Gold to Platinum. I'm guessing I don't want to do something like this since I've never had the platinum before, and therefore have never gotten that sign up bonus, right? The offer is for 40k miles.

Also when you take the upgrade how long before they hit you with the new annual fee? I'm assuming that they do, right?

Can you say you want to have a paper trail and you don't want to have to send screenshots od texts that may also include personal stuff to your work email? Or just say you only text for personal reasons. I've worked places where I need and/or want a paper trail so that post it you want to give me needs to be emailed etc.
That's exactly what I said. She likes to send texts with nasty comments about customers and / or information that might be pertinent, but sound mean about a customer. She is afraid that she will forward an e-mail she shouldn't (like she did last week, which was when I warned her that a customer can become nasty when he doesn't get his way -- she forwarded it to him by mistake). I don't think her carelessness is my issue though. I am a bit old school and really don't think work communication should be by text anyway!

Maybe instead of replying by text, you convert it to an email and send her a reply that way, until you have her trained not to text you?

I've seen the email trail where people got added into a long trail of email with somewhat confidential emails in the first part of the string. These can cause a lot of problems. Over the years I learned lots of stuff that I didn't need to know because of people's careless handling of email. This caused me to learn how to use email as a documenting tool and how to keep issues as private as possible when needed.

Sometimes not saying anything is best but that's not always easy when things get irritating.

That's exactly what I said. She likes to send texts with nasty comments about customers and / or information that might be pertinent, but sound mean about a customer. She is afraid that she will forward an e-mail she shouldn't (like she did last week, which was when I warned her that a customer can become nasty when he doesn't get his way -- she forwarded it to him by mistake). I don't think her carelessness is my issue though. I am a bit old school and really don't think work communication should be by text anyway!

Any chance she intentionally forwarded your comment? There are lots of back stabbers under the friends disguise in business.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter