I love credit cards so much! v3.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not BCV, but soooooooooooo thankful to own at BWV for this very reason! I have never seen BCV at 7 months for any time of year. I love my BWV and have no desire to say elsewhere, but I do check around for fun occasionally and BCV is always booked.
I was looking at BWV resale contracts, since you only need 166pts for a 1-bedroom. It looks like we'll need to add a day to our next Orlando trip to check out some DVC resorts.

So from my preliminary searches it looks like there is not anything close to the aa vacations portal, correct? The other airlines have ridiculously bad redemption values. Ive peeked around on Delta, Alaska, Jetblue, BA, United. BA seems like the next runner up but even then it's sort of 'meh'. I don't know why I wasted all morning because I am 1000% sure if there was a better way it would be posted about already.

I really want to splurge on DL Hotel or Grand Cali but dont like the 1800-2500 for 3 nights they want for it. If I could offset with some straggler stashes of points though :rolleyes1

unless they have some really good incentives I don't see us buying direct, the price difference is ridiculous.

If I buy direct do they extend the expiration date? or would it still be 2042?
It would be 2042...DVC cannot extend the expiration date on those reports without offering it to all owners. They tried once years ago with OKW and it was a mess

In that case no way am I paying direct sale prices.
Not sure how old you are, but if you are younger with young kids Maybe look and see if it makes more sense to buy one of the resorts with a later expiration date.
Don’t remember where, but I saw an analysis of the all resorts comparing price per point, number of years remaining and dues per point.

If we purchase a DVC resale contract, can we use credit card to pay? I would love to earn some points on that big purchase?

As others have said deposit only, however Mason Title allows the largest deposit at $2500 and no CC fees, to boot. Plus, they're the best of the 3 title companies we've dealt with, so I'd recommend requesting them as your agent.

Not sure how old you are, but if you are younger with young kids Maybe look and see if it makes more sense to buy one of the resorts with a later expiration date.
Don’t remember where, but I saw an analysis of the all resorts comparing price per point, number of years remaining and dues per point.

The flip side of this is all the analysis goes out the window if you find yourself wishing you were staying somewhere else. 22 years for BWV is still a very long time of great vacations.

We own at CCV and AKV. We don't need any more points but still find ourselves wishing one of those contracts had been at BWV instead.

Gotta extend my thanks to this group again for giving me the ideas to really explore options for exploiting all the savings/earnings options with the cards in my wallet. I'm only a few weeks into this "scheming" as my husband calls it, but I got an AmEx statement credit of $20 for a Wayfair purchase I was gonna make anyway, and I think I earned 4x points with an Overstock purchase that I again already had in mind by going through the Jetblue shopping portal AND then using that new card! I'm almost to my MSR for my new JB card, so we'll focus on DH's and then I can start to plan for a CSP card once I feel good about being able to hit that MSR.

Question: When can I expect to see the TrueBlue points show up in that account for these purchases? I've got points I see on the Barclay site for transactions that have moved out of pendin. I think those will show up on the JetBlue site after the monthly statement comes out? But what about the ShopTrue portal purchase? Is it when the item ships? I'm so impatient- I want to see it NOW! Help me set my expectations, friends!

I'm no help on JetBlue but just had to chime in that hubby's been calling it "scheming" for years now. :laughing: Many years ago a couple months before our big family WDW trip, we found Universal tickets on the UR portal. ILs just wanted to see Harry Potter world, so we said we'd go with but wasn't looking forward to paying for a whole ticket just for that. Enter the UR portal and selling 1 day Park to Park tickets for only 5k points each! They were over $100 tickets for only $50 worth of points. I didn't have enough for all 4 tickets so we spent a little bit discussing what to change over to the UR card and calculating how much we could earn before the trip. Some point during that he says something like "can't believe we're scheming this long for tickets" and ever since he calls all my points planning "scheming". Like, "What schemes have you come up with for [X] yet?" :laughing:

He's never said it's a bad thing but he thinks it's kinda funny. I told him he was welcome to pay the $3-400 it would have been for the tickets out of his own discretionary budget OR he could just remember to use X or Y card for a couple months... so far he remembers which card to use and now opens up new ones when needed. But it's still always called scheming even after all these years :laughing:

Ok, thanks! I was sure my wife mis-heard, or the DVC person mis-spoke, but I'm a believer now.

If things are still shut down through July, I would think DVC would do something, but I've been wrong before (and you don't have to look far to prove that :D ).

And I see DVC's problem: they now have roughly 3 extra months of points to be accommodated over the next year or so, and it was hard enough to get reservations before this.

Update Re: DVC canceled reservation due to virus and points thought to be use/lose by end of your use year

Apparently DVC had a change of heart and decided to allow closure-forced cancellation points to be banked into next use year!

Good for us, being in that situation.
Bad for us and everyone else, who now have to compete with ~20% more points in the system over the next year.

I felt like the best way to handle those points would have been to give them back for the 50th use year, extending the final year slightly. But I don't run DVC :D

As others have said deposit only, however Mason Title allows the largest deposit at $2500 and no CC fees, to boot. Plus, they're the best of the 3 title companies we've dealt with, so I'd recommend requesting them as your agent.

The flip side of this is all the analysis goes out the window if you find yourself wishing you were staying somewhere else. 22 years for BWV is still a very long time of great vacations.

We own at CCV and AKV. We don't need any more points but still find ourselves wishing one of those contracts had been at BWV instead.
Agree...we bought VWL first in 2001 because my DH loved it....the next year we bought BWV since it’s my favorite

Update Re: DVC canceled reservation due to virus and points thought to be use/lose by end of your use year

Apparently DVC had a change of heart and decided to allow closure-forced cancellation points to be banked into next use year!

Bad for us and everyone else, who now have to compete with ~20% more points in the system over the next year.

I felt like the best way to handle those points would have been to give them back for the 50th use year, extending the final year slightly. But I don't run DVC :D
My son lives in Orlando and works in the timeshare industry. I mentioned extending the contracts a year due to all of this to him a few weeks ago. He does not work for Disney but said it’s not just a matter of DVC saying ok now the contracts go another year.
DVC would have to send every owner a new contract to sign and all would have to sign and return. You would think everyone would but people are strange . I’m assuming he knows what he’s talking about but :confused3

I considered PC'ed my dh's CSR to a CSP back in Feb but I didn't and now I wish I had. I'm just not seeing a use for it right now. I know we still could and if I can get him to call, it might be worth it. I just don't think I can get him to sit on the phone for an hour on hold.
I posted a few days ago but our (DH) CSR AF posted Feb 1. We used the DoorDash credit and had some stuff booked but now, like you, see no use for CSR. DH called last weekend, it took a couple minutes of buttons punching and then DH was put on hold. While he was in the midst of saying "I'm sure I'll be on hold for a while..." an agent picked up. He was on the phone less than 5 minutes. They refunded the whole $450 AF and pc'd to CSP.

Last edited:
Not BCV, but soooooooooooo thankful to own at BWV for this very reason! I have never seen BCV at 7 months for any time of year. I love my BWV and have no desire to say elsewhere, but I do check around for fun occasionally and BCV is always booked.
Same here, very happy to have BWV. We really love going in the fall and it is very hard to get BC or BW in the fall. We did get BCV right at 7 month window several times, the most recent was in December 2018, not in the fall.

What is the use year? They changed that policy awhile back, but as far as I know only for Apr/June use years so far.
Of course mine is October and I have 16 days to cancel and bank, or risk losing.

Just received an email from Ticketmaster that the Motley Crue/Def Leppard tour is postponed. New dates coming (my guess is next summer) so no refunds. I would prefer to have my money back. I already knew my bigs friends reunion weekend wouldn't be happening at this point.

Now I'm just waiting on the cancellation of Aerosmith at Fenway Park. Hopefully I get the money back on that one at least.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter