I love credit cards so much! v3.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
A little bit of unexpected good news this morning. I cancelled my NYC trip for this weekend and I had a prepaid Marriott reservation that I called and cancelled on Wednesday night when I decided it wasn’t a good idea to potentially add to the spread. When I called them to cancel, they were pretty firm there would be no refund or credit (although the man I was speaking with offered me 1,000 points, which I kindly laughed and said thanks, but no thanks). He opened up a case for me and told me to have a nice night.

On Thursday, I received an email stating I wouldn’t be charged a penalty for cancelling and if I had any questions I should respond to the email. So, I responded and told them not being charged a cancellation penalty wasn’t all that helpful as it was a prepaid reservation and I was inquiring about a refund or a credit for a future stay when I wouldn’t be contributing to a virus spreading around NYC. Saturday morning I received the mass email from the Marriott CEO stating they were relaxing their cancellation policy to include more restrictive prepaid reservations.

I never received a follow up email to my follow up email, so I was going to give it a few days and call them back and see if they would apply the new relaxed cancellation policy retroactively to my cancellation. Well, I woke up this morning to an email from AMEX stating a merchant had issued a refund. So, I’m pretty happy with the way Marriott handled the situation when they really didn’t have to issue a refund.

Marriott good news stories are few and far between around here, so I wanted to make sure to share a good news story.

I’m so sorry for your DD. That is so disappointing. Maybe Disney will come up with another solution in the coming days/weeks. Things are evolving so fast. As of Friday at 2, our school wasn’t closing. Around 4 pm, the governor closed all schools effective Tuesday, within minutes our school district announced our schools we closed immediately. The kids were already out for the weekend, anything left at schools was stuck there. They have since decided to open the schools for 3 hours Monday to let people get anything important things like meds or computers.
Rumors are flying now that the current CP kids may be given a chance to return when they reopen. I sure hope so! But in the meantime, we still have to empty an apartment and move it all back home.
Your school’s decision does sound how I feel everything is going. It’s exhausting trying to keep up!

Order some cloth napkins on amazon to use for the next few weeks? We use them anyway. I’m not worried about napkins or paper towels because we use cloth napkins, dish rags and microfiber cloths for cleaning. I’ve got a big pile of all of them.
same. I tend to use TP for paper goods,and that's about it in general. (I'm 100% responsible for the tp shortage in every state:rotfl:) but just a short while ago we weren't so reliant on paper goods as we are now...(including the tp:bitelip:)

OT - do you all use shelf paper? I decided to clean out my pantry today, whi mch involves taking ALL of the food out and rethinking the whole organization. I have shelf paper now, but it's pretty dirty. I think it would just be easier to not have shelf paper so I could easier wipe down the shelves as needed without taking everything out. DH doesn't like the idea though. Thoughts?

OT - do you all use shelf paper? I decided to clean out my pantry today, whi mch involves taking ALL of the food out and rethinking the whole organization. I have shelf paper now, but it's pretty dirty. I think it would just be easier to not have shelf paper so I could easier wipe down the shelves as needed without taking everything out. DH doesn't like the idea though. Thoughts?
I agree with you.... I had some ikea plastic shelf lining on all my shelves/drawers,and when I went to clean them out ,they were all gross and icky,so that got me wondering why I used them at all,since it would be easier to wipe the surfaces down rather than tryo to clean all the liner stuff off.... or was the liner a protection for my cabinet surfaces,b/c it was so icky? I pulled it all out.... decided I'd rather wipe down the bare surface

No shelf paper. I feel like it tends to be a little regional based on another budget board thread ages ago. But I have wire racks in my pantry so I do have a few of my shelves lined (it's thicker than shelf paper I think) just so things stand up.

Did your DH grow up with shelf paper? I feel like that's what this comes down to a lot of the time:)

My local Target had toilet paper and Clorox wipes this morning. I just randomly checked the website and it said in stock, so I headed over, thinking there was no way I'd get any (it was after 8:00am). I got to the store and parking lot was packed; they had an area cordoned off and marked "line up here". I followed the queue to the back of the store (no line when I got there) and there were 2 burly guys handing out 1 package of either Cottonelle or Northern Quilted. I selected my paper, then they asked if I wanted wipes (which I didn't even see), again limit of 1 per customer. Headed over to the food section and to my delight they had plenty of eggs (I am down to just 2 eggs), so grabbed a dozen. Then decided I also needed chili sauce and mayo before I left. I performed the ultimate balancing test as I didn't have a cart -- and made it to the self checkout without dropping anything (the tp was 18 mega rolls, so not small). No line at checkout -- bonus! I now feel confident that I have enough tp to make it through this. And huge kudos to Target for regulating the distribution at the source instead of leaving it to the poor cashiers.

I agree with you.... I had some ikea plastic shelf lining on all my shelves/drawers,and when I went to clean them out ,they were all gross and icky,so that got me wondering why I used them at all,since it would be easier to wipe the surfaces down rather than tryo to clean all the liner stuff off.... or was the liner a protection for my cabinet surfaces,b/c it was so icky? I pulled it all out.... decided I'd rather wipe down the bare surface

Thanks!

No shelf paper. I feel like it tends to be a little regional based on another budget board thread ages ago. But I have wire racks in my pantry so I do have a few of my shelves lined (it's thicker than shelf paper I think) just so things stand up.

Did your DH grow up with shelf paper? I feel like that's what this comes down to a lot of the time:)
Yep, pretty sure he did, I did too. It's funny, whenever we've moved into a new house, that's the job my mom usually helps with is putting in the shelf paper.

Decision made, taking it all out! Thanks!

PS- by all I mean the pantry. I still think it's good where the dishes are.

Has anyone done the Wells Fargo $400.00 account offer? Would a transfer either from Chase or Vanguard code as ACH? This would be the only way I'd be able to meet the requirements due to the antiquated way I am paid.

I am still waiting for my $300.00 TD bonus; opened the account in early November and transferred the money from Chase right away. They have until April 7th to deposit the money. Seems like an awfully long time to credit the money!

Up at 6 to go grocery shopping. My biggest issue was the steamer at starbucks was broken and I'd skipped breakfast. Remedied it on the way home so I still got my hot chocolate, it's freezing here!

They'd done a great job of stocking what they get and I was able to get everything but cucumbers and potatoes because we can't eat a 10lb bag. I bought my first english cuc so lunch will be fancy this week, haha. Bread was pretty wiped out but apparently no one else likes the store brand wheat bread we eat which works for me. Did get 2 things of wipes since they had them and with a limit of 3. I'm almost out of wet one's so these will start going in a ziploc for my purse.

Not sure if what you use is the same as contact paper or shelf liner that we use out west. It's kinda plastic/vinyl so it's easily wiped clean. We use it, protects the shelves and if anything spills it's easy to clean. And if there's anything wet it protects the shelf vs the liquid just sitting on it.

Has anyone done the Wells Fargo $400.00 account offer? Would a transfer either from Chase or Vanguard code as ACH? This would be the only way I'd be able to meet the requirements due to the antiquated way I am paid.

I am still waiting for my $300.00 TD bonus; opened the account in early November and transferred the money from Chase right away. They have until April 7th to deposit the money. Seems like an awfully long time to credit the money!

The only way to know for sure with WF is to check your statement. There's a line about deposits counting for waiving the checking account fee. They've really clamped down over the last year.

TD Bank is notorious for taking the entire time to pay out the bonus, but they are pretty reliable.

I know this isn't a definitive answer, but we've done WF twice (P1 and P2) and with both accounts, pushed ACH transfers from Barclays and from our credit union always counted as DD for the bonus and for waiving the monthly fee.

They do have a nice feature that shows your fee status from the previous statement period. And since the first month or two of fees is waived you should have time to find out.

DoC has good DPs in their comments on what works. I did the $300 offer last year and used Ally. My bonus posted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter