I love credit cards so much! v3.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone done the Wells Fargo $400.00 account offer? Would a transfer either from Chase or Vanguard code as ACH? This would be the only way I'd be able to meet the requirements due to the antiquated way I am paid.

I am still waiting for my $300.00 TD bonus; opened the account in early November and transferred the money from Chase right away. They have until April 7th to deposit the money. Seems like an awfully long time to credit the money!
TD took a really long time when I did it. I'm not sure about Chase or Vanguard. I used Santander for Wells Fargo. I usually search through the comments of past bonus announcements on DoC. The main page with DPs is not always up to date, but people often leave comments with their DPs on the individual bonus description pages. I also search the weekly bank bonus threads on reddit.

As for so many of us, it's been a crazy few days for me. I teach at a college, and my college announced this past week that it's going online for the rest of the semester. MAD scramble - I feel so bad for the students. I know many of you have kids in college who just went online. My advice from the other side of this - most of their professors are doing their best and working hard to figure out how to effectively teach online, with little or no notice. Policies will likely change, especially in the first week or so (I know mine have!). Their best bet is to keep really organized, read all communications VERY carefully, and email their professors if they have questions about what is required. BUT, they should check through the communications they have already received first to see if that answers their questions. We are getting so many emails that it's hard to answer them quickly.

DD6 is also starting elearning next week. Her classes don't officially start online until Wednesday, and they are off the first part of the week. So, I think we'll bake banana bread as a combo math and reading lesson (she's in kindergarten so reading a recipe counts as reading practice!).

In CC news... one of my favorite things about churning is that it makes large bills less painful to pay. My landscaping service decided that last week was a good time to catch up on several years worth of landscaping service they hadn't billed for. Luckily, this happened the day after Plastiq sent me a notice that some payments were delayed by 10 days and gave me $1800 in FFDs as compensation. Just made a partial payment to my landscaper (they said I could take several months to pay since the bill is large), and DH's WOH card bonus is nearly met!

Making lemonade out of lemons, our Spring Break adventure::
- Added an extra night at the Swan
- Added an extra WDW park day so heading to AK before it closes
- On Mon, moving to Hilton Bonnet Creek for 4 nights (using Hilton points and resort credit on Aspire for incidentals)
- Changing our flight to Fri to head home 2 days early

i have a tentative flight booked for Mon in case Hilton closes or the airlines decide or are Ordered to suspend flights. If it’s after Mon, DH says we’ll just drive home.

RCCL is offering either a voucher for 125% or a full refund for the canceled cruise. I am not sure which one we are taking.

A year spent planning the perfect birthday for DS went down the toile. I am still heartbroken but DS is taking it well but he doesn’t know all of the surprises that awaited him. Pandemics suck! Hope everyone stays healthy!

First I want to say that I'm really sorry that you did so much planning for this trip and so much fell apart. I also want to say that I think it's great you found a way to salvage the vacation and that DS is taking it all in stride. Resilience is such an important (some might say the most important) thing that we can teach our kids, because at some point in life things will go awry and how we move forward is so important. So, I think it's fantastic that he is taking it well, but I hate that that is all happening and that he has to. I hope this makes sense. And happy birthday to your DS. :)

I want to express my sincere thanks to all of you. The warm welcome I received when I started here, posting tons of questions, not knowing the basics, afraid to apply for more cards, etc. helped me stick it out and amass a pretty nice bank of points (we are (or were) over 1 million between MRs and URs).

DD was getting very conflicting information regarding sticking it out in Europe or coming home. We finally just went ahead and tried to get her a flight home. Air France was unavailable (internet says to call, but they were not taking calls) and we couldn't get her return ticket changed. So we just looked for the best way to get her home (through the UK since the flights from the Shengen Zone are iffy at best right now) and found a set of 3 flights (OSL-AMS-LHR-SFO) that worked. We could only find seats in Biz, and because we had all these points just sitting there it was a very easy decision to make. So 75k MRs > FB and a few hundred dollars in fees and DD came home in Row 1 on a Virgin Atlantic dreamliner. Not bad, especially since we wanted her as far away from other passengers as possible.

She made it home last night, and I am so, so grateful for all the help I've received over the past 1.5 years, all the cheerleading, advice, @Lain's long explanations of which cards would be best for our situation, @tink1970's advice on flights and airlines, and really there are too many of you to name. But thank you so much.

I'm so sorry she had to leave, but in the end there was a lot of conflicting information out there and even now she is hearing from others who are really upset about how it's all being handled. She worked very hard to get this opportunity (she was in Norway doing medical research on a Fulbright grant through the State Department) and it's clear that even the government is confused about what to do. They are clear that even if things improve they can't go back, but we may find a way around that.

Anyway, thank you all. Because this flight cost $5,000 and there is no way we could have just paid cash for it. We didn't spend hours looking for the best deal. We just spent hours trying to find something that worked. And having those points just sitting there made all the difference. :grouphug:

Meanwhile, my office just scheduled a 50 person staff meeting...

DH now works for a large healthcare org. He has been told that there are meetings this week and that they are mandatory. If they can't understand how stupid and reckless this is then who can? I'm really mad and he has been working from home because he's been sick. He may defy this mandate and not go in. Times are bad here and meetings can be easily held online.

Back from shopping for groceries. Considering Target had NO food last night, I spent $250 there and then still had to go 4 more stores. I got most everything, in some way, shape or form. Maybe not the right brand or flavor, but I got food. I got double everything in case something goes south. Nothing I consider hoarding though. 2 boxes of spaghetti and two jars of sauce etc, I don't consider terrible.
And, LOL, they had toilet paper and Kleenex so I got one of each (the limit, but that's all I would have gotten anyway).
Frozen green beans, bread, rice, shelf stable Almond Milk, all a no go though. All in all, I am well stocked and have no place to put it all LOL.
@wendow I am so sorry for your DD, it makes me so sad. I hope they can work something out.
Friday afternoon our governor said schools would stay open. At 10 am this morning, they changed that. Until the 27th, during which time the schools are to super clean and prepare a plan for distance learning etc, in the event that they need to close longer.
I am almost sure our mid April trip will end up being cancelled, I doubt Disney will actually open back up on April 1st. I know it's a little thing in the world, but dangit, I am sad about it. It was a bonus trip, and I was so excited to get in an extra trip before our passes expire, because we won't renew them for next year and there really isn't a time we have that we can reschedule, so I am going to be selfish and pout if it happens.
Oh, and we had Moonlight Magic tickets for MK for that trip, and were seeing Rick Springield (the reason I was able to have a reason to go LOL).

Order some cloth napkins on amazon to use for the next few weeks? We use them anyway. I’m not worried about napkins or paper towels because we use cloth napkins, dish rags and microfiber cloths for cleaning. I’ve got a big pile of all of them.

Hmmm I did not think of that! Will take a look- I really hate cloth napkins in restaurants because of the way they feel but I suppose it's because they're stain repellant. But I will look around. Thanks!

Meanwhile, my office just scheduled a 50 person staff meeting...

Similar situation here. On Thursday, administration of my school called for a large number of us to report tomorrow for a meeting to discuss online delivery options, etc. Apparently they don't see the irony in bringing us all physically together to discuss ways to prevent bringing everyone physically together. I mean, we do have online meeting options, why wouldn't we use them?!?!

I keep expecting an email to change it to a virtual meeting, but nothing yet...

We have arrived at Hilton Head! Room not ready yet, so I'm relaxing in the beach house while family is on the sand. People are actually in the ocean but I know it's still cold. The pools are warm and its 75 degrees. Everyone is happy....like everybody! Complete strangers speaking to you. Lovely cast members! I had a moment of angst and almost canceled yesterday. So glad to be here!

Did I see someone say that Delta was allowing people to cancel and have miles redeposited for free instead of getting a flight voucher?

Hmmm I did not think of that! Will take a look- I really hate cloth napkins in restaurants because of the way they feel but I suppose it's because they're stain repellant. But I will look around. Thanks!

It doesn't have to be actual napkins unless you want to be fancy. Washcloths or hand towels would do the same as would kitchen towels used for drying (flour sack towels). I'm also not a fan of napkins, I feel like it's not the right type of fabric to actually clean anything off our soak up any spilled water.

It doesn't have to be actual napkins unless you want to be fancy. Washcloths or hand towels would do the same as would kitchen towels used for drying (flour sack towels). I'm also not a fan of napkins, I feel like it's not the right type of fabric to actually clean anything off our soak up any spilled water.
I really like this idea. Washcloths from Target were one of my go to filler items during my Target/eBay churning days and I have a ton of them.

I stopped at Target this morning for a birthday card and they had a large bin of 2 oz hand sanitizer for $0.65 each, limit one per customer. So now I can replace the small bottle I’ve been carrying around that expired 10 years ago.

Similar situation here. On Thursday, administration of my school called for a large number of us to report tomorrow for a meeting to discuss online delivery options, etc. Apparently they don't see the irony in bringing us all physically together to discuss ways to prevent bringing everyone physically together. I mean, we do have online meeting options, why wouldn't we use them?!?!

I keep expecting an email to change it to a virtual meeting, but nothing yet...

Same thing here. Our university is extending spring break by one week. Our department called mandatory meetings for all faculty and staff Monday and Tuesday to plan for moving classes online. The next day I replied that I was currently on a cruise ship in the Bahamas, but we had no confirmed cases on board and I would be home by Sunday as planned. I explained that i would attend if required, but out of an abundance of caution I would prefer to join via WebEx. An hour later another message was sent to everyone that WebEx would be available for the meeting. :thumbsup2

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter