I love credit cards so much! v3.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I promised a further update. Beach distancing vacation has been a success. We did have an annoying family (loud music, crying kids, etc) about 50 feet from us on Monday. But Sunday and today were excellent.

We’ve gotten a nice bike ride in each morning (we rent from Finnimore’s for the week). And then it’s off to the beach for 6-7 hrs w/ a break back at the house for lunch and then some pool time before dinner.

SUNDAY: - each side of our tent
View attachment 503674

View attachment 503677

TUESDAY
: - Each side and a view of the Gulf
View attachment 503681

View attachment 503682

View attachment 503683

Today the water was the clearest it’s been. We’ve been shelling a lot (my mom will probably take home 50 lbs of shells lol), but today I found some real gems on the sandbar.
View attachment 503685
(For reference, the big one is almost as big as my fist).

Lastly, I’ll leave you with a few images of subset the other night (pics taken from an absolute desolate beach):
View attachment 503688

View attachment 503689

View attachment 503690

3 more days of paradise and then hopefully a fun and uneventful drive home. Hope you enjoyed an update. I LOVE Sanibel and Captiva. So relaxing...
Those pictures are beautiful!! Who do you rent through? We've never done more than a day or two at the beach because of my restless family, but this year we may because we don't want to go anywhere we will have to wear a mask all day.

So I promised a further update. Beach distancing vacation has been a success. We did have an annoying family (loud music, crying kids, etc) about 50 feet from us on Monday. But Sunday and today were excellent.

We’ve gotten a nice bike ride in each morning (we rent from Finnimore’s for the week). And then it’s off to the beach for 6-7 hrs w/ a break back at the house for lunch and then some pool time before dinner.

SUNDAY: - each side of our tent
View attachment 503674

View attachment 503677

TUESDAY
: - Each side and a view of the Gulf
View attachment 503681

View attachment 503682

View attachment 503683

Today the water was the clearest it’s been. We’ve been shelling a lot (my mom will probably take home 50 lbs of shells lol), but today I found some real gems on the sandbar.
View attachment 503685
(For reference, the big one is almost as big as my fist).

Lastly, I’ll leave you with a few images of subset the other night (pics taken from an absolute desolate beach):
View attachment 503688

View attachment 503689

View attachment 503690

3 more days of paradise and then hopefully a fun and uneventful drive home. Hope you enjoyed an update. I LOVE Sanibel and Captiva. So relaxing...

Beautiful! We are heading to Marco Island on July 2nd for 10 nights. We decided to do a beach vacation this year because it seems we can do without having to wear masks too much and still be responsible. We were looking at Clearwater, but decided it seems like it's still very busy / crowded and crowds in Marco are much smaller in the summer-time, so we decided to give it a try. We rented a condo on the beach, and also plan on eating most meals there. I"m looking into doing a grocery pickup order after our flight lands, but not sure what would happen if the flight is delayed and we can't pick it up. We may just end up ordering it for pickup the next day, but I haven't decided yet for sure.

Enjoy the rest of your vacation!!

Those pictures are beautiful!! Who do you rent through? We've never done more than a day or two at the beach because of my restless family, but this year we may because we don't want to go anywhere we will have to wear a mask all day.
At this house we have a direct relationship with the owner due to past stays. Captiva rentals in general are all over the map. VRBO, minimal Airbnb, and a bunch of smaller companies focused specifically on this area.

Beautiful! We are heading to Marco Island on July 2nd for 10 nights. We decided to do a beach vacation this year because it seems we can do without having to wear masks too much and still be responsible. We were looking at Clearwater, but decided it seems like it's still very busy / crowded and crowds in Marco are much smaller in the summer-time, so we decided to give it a try. We rented a condo on the beach, and also plan on eating most meals there. I"m looking into doing a grocery pickup order after our flight lands, but not sure what would happen if the flight is delayed and we can't pick it up. We may just end up ordering it for pickup the next day, but I haven't decided yet for sure.

Enjoy the rest of your vacation!!
We'll be that way next week too!

I thought about doing this for my January stay, but I'm too worried that the original booking will be tied to the park pass system reservation and that if I cancel the booking later I may lose the reservation. It's a bit different for me though because I'm probably going to stay offsite. Hopefully I can get park days on the 28th.
Fingers crossed for you! I don't know how that's going to work if I end up needing to stay at Wyndham Bonnet Creek. I'm really hoping that my ongoing search with RCI matches for me. I need lots of Pixie Dust for this to all work out....

I applied for DH's Chase Hyatt card last night and got a message basically saying it was under review. I logged into his account today and there isn't one showing and under Application Status it has this "You may have active applications not shown here and could have received communications from us about those applications."
Is this standard for Chase now?
I also noticed that his credit limit on his Marriott card has been reduced by $15,000 and his CSR by $3,000. I was going to reduce the credit limit on his Marriott anyway and forgot but having them do it without notification is kind of freaking me out a bit.
Just an update for anyone that's interested-
DH got an email from Chase this morning letting him know that he's been approved. Yay!
Chase had posted a letter on his account and this is what it says:
"We approved your recent application for a new WORLD OF HYATT Visa Signature account with a $14,900.00 credit line. You will receive your new card(s) and welcome package including account benefits within the next 10 business days. To approve your request, we made adjustments to your other account(s) for the reasons detailed in this letter."
I was wrong with the decreases that I thought had happened and had posted about earlier. They had only decreased the credit limit on his Marriott card, which I should have done before applying because it was way too high anyway. I am going to request that the Marriott card be reduced even further because it really is too high and it is rarely used anymore. There are a few other accounts that might need to be reduced too.

How long has it taken others to get their new card/ welcome package in the mail? Will that contain WOH reward account information? I was really hoping to get this before 6/10 but I doubt that will happen.

... "We approved your recent application for a new WORLD OF HYATT Visa Signature account with a $14,900.00 credit line. You will receive your new card(s) and welcome package including account benefits within the next 10 business days. To approve your request, we made adjustments to your other account(s) for the reasons detailed in this letter."
I was wrong with the decreases that I thought had happened and had posted about earlier. They had only decreased the credit limit on his Marriott card ...
How long has it taken others to get their new card/ welcome package in the mail? Will that contain WOH reward account information? I was really hoping to get this before 6/10 but I doubt that will happen.

Congratulations! Think this will be my next card for P1 then P2.

I find it funny that Hyatt decided to decrease the CL on your Marriott card :D

Pretty sure you won't get it by 6/10 :D , but I think 7/10 is a good possibility (that's 12 business days)

How exciting - where are you staying? We ended up renting a condo in the Essex complex. I've never been there, but it looks like it's a nice short walk to the beach.
We have a second home down there. We also have a coach home for sale if you fall in love and want to keep coming back! 😜

I haven't been following too close, because we don't have Disney APs this year, but how is the new system working?

Need onsite lodging and tickets to guarantee the ability to apply for park reservations?
How far out can you make park reservations for a May 2021 stay?
Are restaurant reservations 6 month, and FP+ reservations at 60 days?
Is the Monday park reservation system opening the reason DVC is unavailable online and by phone?

Thanks

DH got an email from Chase this morning letting him know that he's been approved. Yay!
"We approved your recent application for a new WORLD OF HYATT Visa Signature account with a $14,900.00 credit line. You will receive your new card(s) and welcome package including account benefits within the next 10 business days. To approve your request, we made adjustments to your other account(s) for the reasons detailed in this letter."
I was wrong with the decreases that I thought had happened and had posted about earlier. They had only decreased the credit limit on his Marriott card, which I should have done before applying because it was way too high anyway. I am going to request that the Marriott card be reduced even further because it really is too high and it is rarely used anymore. There are a few other accounts that might need to be reduced too.

I just think it’s hysterical that your credit limit is $14900. What, did they really think that extra $100 to get to a nice, round $15000 would be too much?

We have a second home down there. We also have a coach home for sale if you fall in love and want to keep coming back! 😜

How nice! It's funny that you mention you have a home for sale. We've talked to the couple that we're renting the condo from and they are so nice. DH said maybe someday we can buy a second home down there and rent it to nice people too! I don't know that that would ever happen for us - if cruising comes back, we are "cruise people", but when we are able to retire, who knows lol!

PS: I had to look up what a coach home was - it will give me something to dream about!!

DH and I just got Hyatt cards. My timeframe - approved on 6/6, received card 6/13. DH - approved 6/9, received card 6/18, so based on that, I would think you would have it by 7/10.

How nice! It's funny that you mention you have a home for sale. We've talked to the couple that we're renting the condo from and they are so nice. DH said maybe someday we can buy a second home down there and rent it to nice people too! I don't know that that would ever happen for us - if cruising comes back, we are "cruise people", but when we are able to retire, who knows lol!

PS: I had to look up what a coach home was - it will give me something to dream about!!
We did use it as a rental for the past 4 years. It’s a hot rental market down there for the winter, not so much during the summer. Decided to buy a home as we hope to retire next year! We love cruising and the islands too. The Naples/Marco Island area is awesome.

We did use it as a rental for the past 4 years. It’s a hot rental market down there for the winter, not so much during the summer. Decided to buy a home as we hope to retire next year! We love cruising and the islands too. The Naples/Marco Island area is awesome.

I'd be down there full time if I could. Maybe once my kids are out of school.

If you book a car rental at MCO with URs, can you "skip the counter" if the rental company offers it, like Alamo? Or, does that not apply since it's a 3rd party booking?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter