I love credit cards so much! v3.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do any of them take the old one when they deliver as part of the delivery fee? If you don't have a way to get rid of the old one and have to pay to have it done.

Also, do you have any lowes offers on any cards, if they sell it? If you have an amex biz, have the 10% offer and haven't used it it's good through the 30th. Though they'll probably have a new offer next month.

Also are these with any july 4th sales? I think appliances are sometimes good deals around this time.

The old one is a non issue. My contractor will get rid of it as part of renovation. This is a 4th of July deal. I have the lowes offer and will be using it to the max on a dishwasher.

Have you read all the reviews? I haven't but I talked myself out of an LG last year that I really liked after reading the reviews.

I get 4% total at Costco - 2% on the executive membership and 2% on the Citi card. It all adds up quickly. But, lately I've been using my other visa for 2% because I can cash it in and apply to the bill so easily. With Citi you have to wait a year. But - I think there's extra warranty with Citi.

Looked at your fridge and it's lovely! Will have to check out 'tuscan' in person to see the color.
the Tuscan is beyond beautiful, but I can't have it because I am matching some existing appliances and stainless will just be easier.

I have mixed feelings about the Splash Mountain change. It’s one of my favorites so I love it as is. So I’ve decided I’m going to start out sad, but then later I’ll be happy because I love love love the Princess and the Frog music, and then later on I’ll be even more excited about it.

Just wanted to drop a quick dp-

Plat retention 30k MR for no spend, streaming credits save us $240 a year so together its “free” not including the saks credit.

Almost done with spend on our two new Amexs and finished the chase cards except Hyatt (slow burn there). Also cancelled our two Arrival+ cards (never use them) and paid the renewal on my Hilton for now (was hoping to upgrade but I’m waiting).

Quick question concerning IHG cards. The fine print on this offer is not clear. I had the IHG Premiere earlier this year and earned the SUB. Now looking at getting the IHG Traveler card (75,000 sub and no annual fee). Does Chase allow you to have and earn the SUB on both IHG cards? Thanks as always!

I haven't been keeping up much with all of this since no immediate plans. Was possibly planning for next May. So, even then you have to get a room and tickets and then you can book a park? So, does that mean no park hopping at all ? Have they addressed that at all? I hate not being able to plan things. Just cancelled our Vegas Trip for August since they now have mandatory masks everywhere -even walking outside. Still have our December and March Cruises booked but not feeling so sure if they will sail or not.
So you’re supposed to check park availability, then book your onsite stay and tickets, and once attached to your MDE, go book your par reservation.
Park hopping will return, I think. But not sure when.

So you’re supposed to check park availability, then book your onsite stay and tickets, and once attached to your MDE, go book your par reservation.
Park hopping will return, I think. But not sure when.

Thanks... UGHHH.. I expected this way for the rest of this year. Surprised they are doing reservations for 2021 too. I have some time to see how things go. We normally rent DVC points from friend of DH and stay at Boardwalk (he owns at Wilderness). So, will have to see at the 7th month mark if he has points to rent and availability. Since so many people rebooking DVC may be hard to get into.

Thanks... UGHHH.. I expected this way for the rest of this year. Surprised they are doing reservations for 2021 too. I have some time to see how things go. We normally rent DVC points from friend of DH and stay at Boardwalk (he owns at Wilderness). So, will have to see at the 7th month mark if he has points to rent and availability. Since so many people rebooking DVC may be hard to get into.
Yeah. Adds a whole new wrinkle. Yesterday par reservation were wide open, other than first week of reopening. Dvc is going to be a whole other issue. One reason we’re just going in July to use our points. I just want them used and then we will probably sit tight for awhile.

Yeah. Adds a whole new wrinkle. Yesterday par reservation were wide open, other than first week of reopening. Dvc is going to be a whole other issue. One reason we’re just going in July to use our points. I just want them used and then we will probably sit tight for awhile.
I know how you feel, I want to use my points too! I have stays booked in November and in March. Hope my DH will agree to go - other wise I might be joining the rental board.

I know how you feel, I want to use my points too! I have stays booked in November and in March. Hope my DH will agree to go - other wise I might be joining the rental board.
Ours expire end of nov (banked from 2018 aug UY points) and we don’t know that we will be able to go once college begins (mid aug for both dd’s) so we are forcing this trip.

Ours expire end of nov (banked from 2018 aug UY points) and we don’t know that we will be able to go once college begins (mid aug for both dd’s) so we are forcing this trip.
I have some more time. Ours don’t expire until end of September 2021. If we don’t use them before then I am hoping one of our kids will.

Thank You! Great information on the Radisson Rewards Visa. This will be one we will both eventually want to get specifically for properties when we return to Europe. Many, many years ago we stayed at a Radisson Blu in Prague and really liked it. Good location and a huge (and yummy!) breakfast buffet.
This card would go against the 5/24 for Chase, right? If it does, and after lurking for so long on here, I think we will wait to apply for this one until after we get our Chase cards figured out.

You're welcome. Yes, it would count against your 5/24. The rule of thunb is always to get the Chase cards first. Best of luck on your travel hacking journey!

I know this is off topic for this thread but I found it quite interesting - I mean the PDF of the actual court hearing and final decision. I got caught up in reading all 51 pages.

https://www.disboards.com/threads/d...discrimination-lawsuit.3805252/#post-62049230
This infuriates me. I personally know these people and my son is "friends" with them. My son is almost 25 and has the mental capacity of a 2 year old due to his autism. Unfortunately for us, our kids LOVE everything Disney, hence why we have been pass holders for 16 years! For Disney "experts" to say they know our kids can handle wait times, different schedules, different foods, etc., I say spend a day with us, it will change your life.

Sorry, had to rant!!! Unless you walk in our shoes, you don't know!

Interesting.....from some of my "research" I found that you either have a retention offer on the card or not.
Interestingly, I called earlier this year for my Marriott Biz Card, on a Friday, and was told there was an offer for 15,000 points (or something close to that.). I called back on Sunday, just 2 days later, and was told there are never retention offers on that card and they'd be happy to cancel the card for me. I let them.
In addition to what everyone else said they will also look at strength of schedule. They will know the AP and Honors courses that are available to him at his particular school and see that he is taking a rigorous schedule. There is a difference between a 4.0 with just on level classes and a 4.0 with honors/AP classes. If he wants to go into Engineering or other STEM field make sure he can take the highest level of math and science classes offered.
It's so interesting how much things have changed since I went to school in the dark ages. My college room mate and I went to HS together. She finished 4th or 5th in our class. I was like 40-50 or so. I took 5 years of science and 5 years of science plus honors English and Latin. She took 4 years of math plus typing and some 'business' classes and electives like a history of movies class (it was actually a great class and very popular, groundbreaking at the time). Her GPA was obviously higher than mine though my ACT score was a few points higher than hers. We both got into the same competitive state school. Back in the day the ACT and SAT scores were also much lower. It was very rare for someone to get a perfect score, these days it is practically common.
For now anyways, Disney is really trying to ‘own’ everything. Staying offsite and/or buying tickets elsewhere is pretty risky. Once capacity increases, I expect we will see more options but this park reservation system is looking like something we will be dealing with for the foreseeable future.
This saddens me so much. Although DLR is not quite the same, our Disneyland and Universal Hollywood tickets will likely expire before we can use them because of limits on reservations. We also have a ton of Disney GCs and were planning on using a Hilton timeshare reservation in Orlando to go to WDW for a weekend next January or February. Since they are making reservations now that won't happen. Have no way of predicting DS's school schedule that far in advance.

I'm curious too. I have an AP and finally got my park reservations for my October on-site trip, but Friday I am going to try to get 2 days in December when I will be off-site.
That was my plan. I have a stay at Hilton Bonnet Creek. I was able to book one park day, but not the other. I thought I'd just grab it tomorrow. I haven't caught up on the Rumor thread yet, but sounds like it's either reserving as one site or reserving your three as off site. I guess we'll find out tomorrow. I'm also reading now that there is actually a limit of 14 days reserved and that's what I'm holding right now. I may have to have to wait and grab that orphan day after 7/11.

This saddens me so much. Although DLR is not quite the same, our Disneyland and Universal Hollywood tickets will likely expire before we can use them because of limits on reservations. We also have a ton of Disney GCs and were planning on using a Hilton timeshare reservation in Orlando to go to WDW for a weekend next January or February. Since they are making reservations now that won't happen. Have no way of predicting DS's school schedule that far in advance.

It is so hard to know right now. Your Jan or Feb dates could be open for quite awhile. I've been surprised when occasionally checking the calendar, dates around Thanksgiving and Christmas are still open at every park. Many are still scared to travel and FL's increasing numbers aren't helping anyone feel better about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter