I love credit cards so much! v3.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, I'm still waiting on my UR cruise refund...still haven't seen the points come back to my acct..... Now I'm struggling to recall how long it's been since I had that phone conversation.... argh. It's been at least 1 full cycle, maybe two.... anyone else have a DP on this?
Mine took more than one but less than two. That was with royal Caribbean.

Good morning from VGF DISchurner peeps!

I am excited to report that PlanePrincess and I each finally have the Hyatt card in our Chase arsenal! A support link was used and the corresponding DISer has been notified. It’s been a long time coming to go from LOL/24 and under 5/24. We did take advantage of the situation and added a CIP for some more UR points merely days before Chase started tightening things up. We initially thought about being the DP for another business SP app but decided against that. Cancelling Ashford Castle and getting back over 270k UR points with no immediate travel plans in sight pretty much cinched it. We find ourselves in the unique position of not having umpteen trips on the horizon. This has us slowing our roll and not heading immediately towards LOL/24 again.

We should be back under 5/24 in the fall and will go for a final Chase card. Earlier this year we upgraded the Chase Boundless BonBlah card, which we’ve held for years, to a Ritz Carlton. So we will be churning the Chase BonBlah. The Amex Brilliant BonBlah will be downgraded and the Amex biz BonBlah which we’ve also had for years back when it was the SPG biz has been cancelled.

This will finalize my reorganization of BonBlah cards, structuring our Chase Quinfecta UR cards and portfolio of hotel cards almost exactly to my ultimate goal. The only thing missing is an upgrade offer from our no fee Hilton cards to a second Aspire card for each of us. To be honest, I’m kinda glad it hasn’t happened yet and I’m not calling in for an upgrade offer either. Right now I need another FN cert with a $450 fee like I need a hole in the head. Well, that’s my churning news for this week. Hope everyone is doing well!

View attachment 506150

I've been reading about an ugly blue fence separating DVC from a pool or something? Have you seen it?

I'm not sure if you have a headache from new glasses? My (wonderful) eye doc discovered that my eyes are so (ridiculously) sensitive to change,I can only tolerate one BRAND of eyeglass lens without getting a headache... In case this might be helpful info for you:thumbsup2 My insurance was auto choosing one brand over another once when I got new lenses,and it took some detective work on her part to figure it out....

I just got the new glasses yesterday so it's not from that. I think it's probably partly my work at home set up, not as well lit, slightly closer to thr monitors and proabaly too close to the tv for it's size. I don't have the problem everyday but now that I know it's not my contacts I may be able to figure it out better.

I can look at this

View attachment 506178

Or choose to see this instead

View attachment 506179

It sure is blue!

I've been in standard and lakeview. I enjoyed both views. My 4th floor lakeview was gorgeous! I had a corner room towards the Poly with a view of the Castle and fireworks, plus the Electrical Parade. I spent a lot of time out there, plus it was a long balcony. Plus I could look out towards all the other sites such as Discovery Island and the Contemporary, watch the boats, hear the boat whistles.

have they given anyone the actual amount they'll refund,or is it different for each person?
They never gave us an amount but I would assume it would be different for each person depending on when their pass expires. Ours expired June 20 so we shouldn’t get the same as someone’s who expired before or after that.

Happy Lin Manuel Miranda Day everyone! The 4th is shaping up to be pretty meh again this year in my city so I'm celebrating today with America cookies (Lofthouse cookies with red white and blue sprinkles) and some craft beer. I hope everyone gets a chance to see the filmed version of Hamilton on Disney+ today. I saw the touring company last year, and I'm so excited to get to experience it again with the original cast!

Happy Lin Manuel Miranda Day everyone! The 4th is shaping up to be pretty meh again this year in my city so I'm celebrating today with America cookies (Lofthouse cookies with red white and blue sprinkles) and some craft beer. I hope everyone gets a chance to see the filmed version of Hamilton on Disney+ today. I saw the touring company last year, and I'm so excited to get to experience it again with the original cast!
As usual, we are having a cookout in the backyard with our own fireworks. I am making a GF flag cake using blueberries and strawberries and plenty of whipped cream. I hope the GF cake is good as it's my first one, lol.

I'm excited to see Hamilton! That's the only reason I didn't cancel Disney + as I knew I'd never see it in the theater and I really want to know what all the hoopla is about.

Just a heads-up everyone, I tried to use a support link over on Reddit to apply for a Hyatt card and they all lead me to a page that says the offer is no longer available. You may want to check your links if you have an offer up there.

I tried to call and cancel my SW biz today (several times) but couldn't get a human to speak with. Not sure if it was due to the holiday, but if it was, it would be nice if that was said during the recorded message.. Anyway, sent a SM and it was responded to and closed within 10 mins. Works for me, I was not looking for a retention offer.

Just a heads-up everyone, I tried to use a support link over on Reddit to apply for a Hyatt card and they all lead me to a page that says the offer is no longer available. You may want to check your links if you have an offer up there.

Went to refer a friend and get this -

Thank you for your interest.
Unfortunately, the system is unavailable at this time, and therefore, we're unable to complete your request. Please try again later.

My CSP link still goes to a good one. I wonder if they are either going to roll out a new Hyatt offer or if they are stopping support on it. My hyatt card is the only one I currently hold and can generate a link on because none of my others have them, so at least my CSP still works since I can't generate a new one when it eventually dies. So I also can't check to see if you can get a new link on other cards.

@calypso726 when did you guys apply for the Hyatt? I think there's been a couple others that have applied recently too, wonder when the support stopped.

Went to refer a friend and get this -

Thank you for your interest.
Unfortunately, the system is unavailable at this time, and therefore, we're unable to complete your request. Please try again later.

My CSP link still goes to a good one. I wonder if they are either going to roll out a new Hyatt offer or if they are stopping support on it. My hyatt card is the only one I currently hold and can generate a link on because none of my others have them, so at least my CSP still works since I can't generate a new one when it eventually dies. So I also can't check to see if you can get a new link on other cards.

@calypso726 when did you guys apply for the Hyatt? I think there's been a couple others that have applied recently too, wonder when the support stopped.
Your post leads to a question I have. Applied for and received the Hyatt card in July, 2018 (still active). I plan on applying for a new one for the bonus points. Do I call to cancel the existing card at any time or do I have to wait for the AF to post? How long after I cancel can I re-apply?

We will watch it sometime this weekend. DD uses our Netflix account, so we use her Disney+ on a few occasions. I'm trying to cut back on beer but will have a few with our traditional brats on Sunday!

I tried to call and cancel my SW biz today (several times) but couldn't get a human to speak with. Not sure if it was due to the holiday, but if it was, it would be nice if that was said during the recorded message.. Anyway, sent a SM and it was responded to and closed within 10 mins. Works for me, I was not looking for a retention offer.

I called yesterday to PC a Chase card and got someone within a minute or two. A lot of people have today off I think.

Did anyone else get an email from ebags with $10 free reward? Here's what it said -
"As eBags continues to evolve, we have decided to sunset our Rewards program this month. But before this happens, we wanted to give you one final reward. So, we deposited $10 in Bonus Rewards into your account.
You can use your Bonus Rewards on any purchase now through July 19, 2020, no restrictions."

TopCashBack is doing 20% at ebags right now plus a $5 bonus on $15+ purchase. Ebags is also having a sale. There's also an amex offer. I've spent too long on the site today trying to make the numbers work well enough to convince myself to purchase something that I don't really need! Shipping is free over $49, but I don't want to spend that much. I thought ebags was still partnered with shoprunner, but I guess not.

Tomorrow is Friday, not Saturday. Tomorrow, July 3 is Friday, not Saturday. Tomorrow is trash day because it's Friday but you do get to sleep in and not work. Today is Thursday, you watched the bold type which is new on Thursday's.

Again, tomorrow is Friday.

In case anyone else is struggling with this. Also pretty sure I'll still have to tell myself in 2 hours that it's Friday tomorrow :confused3
To make it more confusing I have had WFH the past 2 weeks but had to go in to work today as today is my "Saturday" to work in the rotation. Tomorrow (4th) is someone else's turn to work on the holiday rotation.
I really do have to look at the calendar to know what day it is and where I should be.

We are having our usual seafood boil at my sister's tomorrow. Way too much food and beer/sangria.
To make it CC related, I now owe my sister $300 for seafood and my Costco purchase yesterday because I forgot my Costco card and they wouldn't take my CC. Plus got DHs new BCP today and went to pay for DSs $200 soccer and of course, no Amex. I will put it on CFU but it feels like $500 wasted CC spend.

Your post leads to a question I have. Applied for and received the Hyatt card in July, 2018 (still active). I plan on applying for a new one for the bonus points. Do I call to cancel the existing card at any time or do I have to wait for the AF to post? How long after I cancel can I re-apply?

It goes by when you got the bonus and yes you'd need to cancel the card. Also of note, if you have the newer version of the card it takes longer for the free night to post. My af posted april 1 and my cert doesn't expire until May 18. The one from last year expired mid march. I had upgraded last year so that's part of the change, but they used to post much closer together. So it all depends on when you got the bonus, if you want to wait until the fn posts and if you're ok with the offer out at the time you want to apply again.

I will say, while I've thought of churning this card, the current sign up bonus isn't appealing to me at all. It doesn't help that I got in soon before the sign up bonus changed from the 2 free nights anywhere to points and then again to the current offer on the new card.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter