I love credit cards so much! v3.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, I requested it May 26th, but they have already given me the 30 days moving me to Dec 6th end of pass from Nov 6th. This actually helps as I had checkout on Nov 7 and another night booked for Nov 9th with 2 nights off to go to Clearwater. So 'if' I go, I've got more pass options. And, it's not a priority to do parks - I'm more likely to saunter into Epcot, buy a snack at a F&W booth, look around and leave.

Editing to add: This reservation was made back in December at my 11 month window long before we were covid wary.
Very cool it works for you!! Your refund should be for the 117 days, I will be curious to see if what you get matches that math.

Very cool it works for you!! Your refund should be for the 117 days, I will be curious to see if what you get matches that math.

That's what's going on with me! After reading so much my curiosity knows no bounds.

Looking at other refunds with AP's with original expiry within a month or so of mine, it would follow that they probably did at least one trip before closure, otherwise why activate? The difference was that those examples were platinum AP's, but each got over $300ish, leading me to conservatively speculate in the $150-$200 range, but who knows? Maybe I'll get $9.50? Still happy with 3 completed trips and 1 more to possibly go on.

Yes, I requested it May 26th, but they have already given me the 30 days moving me to Dec 6th end of pass from Nov 6th. This actually helps as I had checkout on Nov 7 and another night booked for Nov 9th with 2 nights off to go to Clearwater. So 'if' I go, I've got more pass options. And, it's not a priority to do parks - I'm more likely to saunter into Epcot, buy a snack at a F&W booth, look around and leave.

Editing to add: This reservation was made back in December at my 11 month window long before we were covid wary.
I’ve gotta be honest that I’ve been super busy and not paying attention much. What’s the 30 day extension on the passes? I’m confused why we haven’t received a refund and our passes also weren’t extended at all. They ended 6/20 and I didn’t expect them to get an extension because we requested the partial refund but no check has arrived yet. I guess we just keep waiting

I tried checking dischurners to see if there are any recent posts on the Sapphire double dip there but couldn't find anything. The AF on my Reserve is coming up in October and it will be 4 years since I received it. Does anyone know the recent success rate of the dd? I may give it a try since I will have the second payment of dd's residence and tuition due in January.

I’ve gotta be honest that I’ve been super busy and not paying attention much. What’s the 30 day extension on the passes? I’m confused why we haven’t received a refund and our passes also weren’t extended at all. They ended 6/20 and I didn’t expect them to get an extension because we requested the partial refund but no check has arrived yet. I guess we just keep waiting

Disney sent an email with 2 options last week. This is in addition for those of us who requested the 117 day refund - but did not choose to cancel our passes at that time. The first option is the default option.

With your pass having already expired, and with you having requested 'cancel' before the new options were offered, I would 'guess' that your refund ****possibly117 days minus 21 days after your expiry*****will come and that will be it. A month's extension would have been to 7/20 for you, which is already old news as of yesterday.

Please note that I am just guessing. Will be curious what actually happens. You are probably best off this way as you can start a new pass when you feel safe to go to the parks, rather than having a renewal certificate out there which would have been your option if you hadn't chosen to cancel.

As a reminder, you must select and submit your option by August 11, 2020. If you do not make a selection by that date, your annual pass will automatically continue and an additional month (30 days) will be added to your pass expiration date. Please note that once confirmed, selections cannot be changed.
Please review and select your desired option.

• OPTION 1
    I would like to continue my annual pass (default option).
    • An additional month (30 days) will automatically be processed and visible in your My Disney Experience account over the coming weeks.
  • ************************************************************************************
  • OPTION 2
    I would like to cancel my annual pass.
    • In lieu of a one-month extension, your annual pass will be canceled. Your pass will remain valid through August 11, 2020 and will be canceled effective August 12, 2020. You will be refunded for the remaining access days of your annual pass from July 11, 2020 through your pass expiration date (as extended, if applicable). Refunds to original form of payment can be expected by mid- to late September. Refunds may take up to an additional month to receive if original form of payment is not available.

I tried checking dischurners to see if there are any recent posts on the Sapphire double dip there but couldn't find anything. The AF on my Reserve is coming up in October and it will be 4 years since I received it. Does anyone know the recent success rate of the dd? I may give it a try since I will have the second payment of dd's residence and tuition due in January.
There have been lots of DPs of success on r/churning:

Good luck! I applied for the CSP last week, didn't try the DD because we already have the CSR in our home. And I'm really hoping to DD the Southwest cards later in the fall.

Strike all that. They just moved us to a 1:25 flight that doesn't get there until 6:50. Nope, that's taking too much of my park day. Moving us to the 6:45 after all. There are now no direct flights AUS to MCO.
Wow, daily changes. They're really trying tro keep you on your toes. I have a 5:30 AM flight scheduled on SW in Oct. They do still have some non-stops out of PIT to MCO at least.

I don't think taking just a refund of the time closed, and taking the extra 30 days is an option. I think you either cancel completely, and your pass expires Aug 12th, so you keep the closure extension and the extra 30 day extension.
But, if I am not going for 11 days in October I would probably be better off to cancel for a refund. Part of that trip is a DVC rental through David's, which would be a total loss. The other part is a private DVC rental, which could be extended into the first few months of 2021 depending on availability but I won't know that by Aug 12.

Quick reminder that it is 4 years from when you earned the bonus (not when you opened the card). I couldn’t tell from your wording what you meant by “received it” so just wanted to make they clear 😊

How long are you all waiting to contact Amex if the Small Business credit didn't post? I made sure to check the small business map.

How long are you all waiting to contact Amex if the Small Business credit didn't post? I made sure to check the small business map.
My first one I got the email immediately and it credited in a couple of days. Saturday ordered pizza twice, didn't get email on either card and no credit so far, so I am curious on this answer as well.

Really, I thought packages code as travel. Hmm, maybe I'm thinking of room only then. I'll have to look back, but I thought all our payments directly to Disney on my CSR coded as travel, but they are on room only reservations.
@Oscar Madison - I just made 2 reservations, one for a package and the other for a room only (doing a split stay). Both seem to have coded as travel.

Mine was also listed on the map and we chose that place for the credit, so I intend to at least ask before I let it go.
Yeah I’ve chosen a place and charged but I purposely only did $10 and then the rest on my csr. Figure if it doesn’t credit I can use it at another place especially since I have time.

The annual fee to my wife's CSR will probably post in September and we plan to convert the card to a Freedom card, but currently we have a hotel reservation that we booked using her CSR points at the 1.5 multiplier, for Feb 2021. Does anyone know what happens to the reservation after the card is converted ? Is there any chance of losing it ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter