I love credit cards so much! v3.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
A little wwyd for this morning.

DCL 2021 fall itineraries open for silver tomorrow. They have a 5 night double dip on the Fantasy in Nov. which the same cruise I had book for 2020 and had to cancel. However, now I am really looking at booking Aulani/Hawaii for June 2022.
I can’t pay for that much for 2 vacations in 1 year. They also have a 3 night Merrytime cruise I can afford to pay and still do Aulani.

Should I book the 3 night with the hopes that Aulani is a go in 2022? Book the 5 night in case Hawaii travel doesn’t open up and get back to normal?
Put deposits in both on my Disney Visa and decide in 6 months?

Other helpful info. DD will be a high school senior. 3 night cruise she will miss 2 days of school. 5 night cruise she will miss a week. (Missing school doesn’t both her, she is good about staying caught up)
Nov. 2021 is our 20th anniversary. 3 night leaves 2 nights after our anniversary while 5 night we would be on the ship.

DCL 2021 fall itineraries open for silver tomorrow. They have a 5 night double dip on the Fantasy in Nov. which the same cruise I had book for 2020 and had to cancel. However, now I am really looking at booking Aulani/Hawaii for June 2022.
I can’t pay for that much for 2 vacations in 1 year. They also have a 3 night Merrytime cruise I can afford to pay and still do Aulani.

Should I book the 3 night with the hopes that Aulani is a go in 2022? Book the 5 night in case Hawaii travel doesn’t open up and get back to normal?

Other helpful info. DD will be a high school senior. 3 night cruise she will miss 2 days of school. 5 night cruise she will miss a week. (Missing school doesn’t both her, she is good about staying caught up)
Nov. 2021 is our 20th anniversary. 3 night leaves 2 nights after our anniversary while 5 night we would be on the ship.

I don't think you need to worry about Aulani being open in 2022. I'm sure it will be.

I would just choose the trip you really want to do more and focus on paying that one down... Hawaii is paradise after all.

I just saw the cruise announcement. I was thinking there would be fall Europe in this batch (Greece) but I guess not. Disappointing for me.

I made a reservation to use my Hilton card weekend night cert in Dec. Is it typical for them to also charge a deposit? I got charged, also the confirmation lists 80,000 points used, which they told me would be credited back after my stay?

My cert confirmations always list the points value of the room, but the points are not actually deducted from my balance. Were yours deducted?

Sun we went to STK for dinner and it was delicious! DS now has expensive taste with his preference for filet mignonette.

Yesterday DS and I enjoyed Chef Mickey for breakfast and rope dropped MK afterwards. Splash Mountain was down while we were at the park and by 2 pm we had completed everything we wanted to do. DS lost his MB somewhere and the very kind CM (maybe supervisor type) at JC have him a $50 voucher for replacement. He got a very nice personalized one as a replacement. so a nice little bit of pixie dust.

I will say I did not feel as safe at Disney as I did at Uni. WDW has plenty of hand sanitizer around but no one is using it. At USO, it’s a requirement when it is your turn to ride. The CM puts in your hand. WDW uses the lawn fertilizer bottles and quickly puts spray on the ride compared to USO that actually wipes down the ride handle and seat. HBC has no temp check, WDW didn’t check our temp until we went to board the monorail on the 4th level after we had already had breakfast. At point, why bother. Sapphire Falls take your temp upon entry to the resort and gives you a daily wristband.

One final pool day and we head home this evening.

Attachments

• 9BC671FE-D0CB-4171-B709-A9A0AA384967.jpeg
    9BC671FE-D0CB-4171-B709-A9A0AA384967.jpeg
    89.8 KB · Views: 36
  • 2E56A084-7C90-42C5-9A84-04F9410045E0.jpeg
    2E56A084-7C90-42C5-9A84-04F9410045E0.jpeg
    90.2 KB · Views: 35
  • F180DFEF-8721-4B2E-897B-4E4E096A3251.jpeg
    F180DFEF-8721-4B2E-897B-4E4E096A3251.jpeg
    105.2 KB · Views: 34
  • 71B61FFE-4102-4991-A090-F9A5D9F0FB83.jpeg
    71B61FFE-4102-4991-A090-F9A5D9F0FB83.jpeg
    87 KB · Views: 32
Last edited:
We just got back from WDW and it was great. Loved the low crowds and social distancing. Even when the lines were a little long, they were constantly moving, so it didn’t seem like as long. Mask compliance was darn near 100%. And I was really worried about how we would do with masks in the FL humidity, and it was much more tolerable than expected. It was our first stay at AKL and loved it!

I was approved for the Hilton Surpass. Practical questions - I have an Amex Plat, will I need a separate login just for the Surpass? The email link they sent to set up an account is broken so can't tell where it would have linked to. Also, there was nowhere during the application to enter a Hilton Honors number - will they set one up or will I have a chance somewhere in setup to enter my number. I saw you can combine points, and I have a whopping 1,800 but its something.

Back in the saddle making a flurry of vacation plans once again. However, for once we aren't globetrotting to different continents and plotting to secure the boujee seats in the sky with our points and miles. Nope, this year and likely next year it looks like we will be visiting our home state of Florida. Of course we've already been and will return to Disney multiple times throughout the year but that doesn't really count for us since we are semi local and have always visited many times throughout the year. We used Hilton points to book Baker's Cay in Key Largo for a weekend next month and also have it booked for NYE. Hopefully our Diamond status from the Aspire will get us an upgrade like it did last year. We have another trip to Vero Beach using DVC points in September. I also went ahead and booked a long weekend to visit Sanibel Island. We've never been there but were able to book a Gulf Ocean view suite with UR points so that will be a new experience. I've decided to see about experiencing our home state like a tourist and have found some interesting options for future travel here at home. It's good to get back to doing something that almost feels normal.

I'm just catching up after vacation, but we are native Floridians, live in Tampa, and also visited Sanibel Island for the FIRST time last week! We fell in love with it, and cannot wait to go back. We had a gulf front suite as well, it was amazing being so close to hear the waves and watch the storms roll in every day. I hope y'all enjoy it as much as we did!

I think Hawaii is likely to open up before cruises.

I was approved for the Hilton Surpass. Practical questions - I have an Amex Plat, will I need a separate login just for the Surpass? The email link they sent to set up an account is broken so can't tell where it would have linked to. Also, there was nowhere during the application to enter a Hilton Honors number - will they set one up or will I have a chance somewhere in setup to enter my number. I saw you can combine points, and I have a whopping 1,800 but its something.

My aspire in on the same login as my plat. And there would have been somewhere to add thr number when you apped because I added my Hilton number, I didn't get a new one. if you were approved this morning I'd try calling to see if you can add the number, not sure it's possible but worth asking.

All of my AmEx accounts are on a single logon (MR earners, Marriott and Hilton).

My cert confirmations always list the points value of the room, but the points are not actually deducted from my balance. Were yours deducted?
No, now I see that they were not. I was charged a deposit of $50.63 though. This is for the Waldorf Astoria Orlando.

About missing school as a high school senior- I was an A student who was one day away from getting flunked out of English because I had missed so much school for college stuff, honors stuff and community events. I had no clue it would pile up like that. I would have been screwed (read: I would have lost my college acceptance and my ability to graduate high school on time) if I’d taken a week long vacation either semester of my Senior year.

Last edited:
About missing school as a high school senior- I was an A student who was one day away from getting flunked out of English because I had missed so much school for college stuff, honors stuff and community events. I had no clue it would pile up like that. I would have been screwed (read: I would have lost my college acceptance and my ability to graduate high school on time) if I’d taken a week long vacation either semester of my Senior year.
I grew up in CT but swear I spent half my senior year in SW FL because I was so over the weather (Winter of 1994 was miserable in the NE). Still did well on my AP exams, graduated 3rd in my class. So I think it really depends. I was able to teach myself and stay on top of stuff. DD is the same way. DS would be a disaster.

I'm just catching up after vacation, but we are native Floridians, live in Tampa, and also visited Sanibel Island for the FIRST time last week! We fell in love with it, and cannot wait to go back. We had a gulf front suite as well, it was amazing being so close to hear the waves and watch the storms roll in every day. I hope y'all enjoy it as much as we did!
Now don’t go spreading that secret everywhere. I want Sanibel & Captiva lodging to stay affordable!! It’s a hidden gem IMO!!

Having my dryer vent cleaned today after being in the house for 7+ years. Of course everything needs to be replaced (vent outside, the stuff they used to connect the dryer to the vent isn't fire safe, etc). This is going to cost me over $400--hope he takes credit card. And dd needs a new tire. I think the original tire was defective and we tried to keep it filled but apparently we didn't and damaged the sidewall. So that's another $200.

I grew up in CT but swear I spent half my senior year in SW FL because I was so over the weather (Winter of 1994 was miserable in the NE). Still did well on my AP exams, graduated 3rd in my class. So I think it really depends. I was able to teach myself and stay on top of stuff. DD is the same way. DS would be a disaster.
I was great grade wise, honors kid. But it didn’t matter at all. My high school was going to flunk me for missing one more day of Honors English per their regulations and there was nothing they could do to waive it due to their accreditation requirements. It was one of those rules I never paid attention to in the rule book until the day my teacher said “FYI”.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter