I love credit cards so much! v3.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was great grade wise, honors kid. But it didn’t matter at all. My high school was going to flunk me for missing one more day of Honors English per their regulations and there was nothing they could do to waive it due to their accreditation requirements. It was one of those rules I never paid attention to in the rule book until the day my teacher said “FYI”.
Oh, I see. My school wasn't like that. And in VA we are in virtual school and I highly doubt that will change so I am planning to take DD to Naples several times with me since it doesn't really matter where she is. That is if FL gets its act together.

I just found an app this morning called Card Pointers that is what I've been looking for and I thought I'd share. You click on which cards you have, and then it tells you by category which of your cards offer the best rewards. It even has Siri integration so I can say "Hey siri - grocery" and it'll tell me which card to use.

Last week I applied and was approved for the Bonvoy card with the 100,000 bonus with a 3k spend. Chase just reallocated credit from one of my other cards with an absurdly high credit line, which is totally fine.

Also, I wanted to followup on my request to be added to the Dischurners group.

I just found an app this morning called Card Pointers that is what I've been looking for and I thought I'd share. You click on which cards you have, and then it tells you by category which of your cards offer the best rewards. It even has Siri integration so I can say "Hey siri - grocery" and it'll tell me which card to use.

Last week I applied and was approved for the Bonvoy card with the 100,000 bonus with a 3k spend. Chase just reallocated credit from one of my other cards with an absurdly high credit line, which is totally fine.

Also, I wanted to followup on my request to be added to the Dischurners group.
Is it only on Apple? I can't find it on the Google store.

Having my dryer vent cleaned today after being in the house for 7+ years. Of course everything needs to be replaced (vent outside, the stuff they used to connect the dryer to the vent isn't fire safe, etc). This is going to cost me over $400--hope he takes credit card. And dd needs a new tire. I think the original tire was defective and we tried to keep it filled but apparently we didn't and damaged the sidewall. So that's another $200.
$400 seems rather extreme. Is there something special about your dryer? I've replaced dryer vents before with parts from HD.

$400 seems rather extreme. Is there something special about your dryer? I've replaced dryer vents before with parts from HD.
No it was apparently the worst he’s seen in a long time. He had to vacuum it out, take it apart, replace the transition hose, replace the exterior termination vent (he had a garbage can full of twigs from nests that had been built inside over the years). I’m honestly not sure if the vent has ever been cleaned.

Last edited:
Need a few opinions. Originally booked Fairfield Anaheim Resort/DLR for last month but obviously canceled. I am tentatively planning for December knowing there is a high likelihood of canceling again. With that in mind, I will also plan on booking for next June as well.
I have both URs and Bonbon points/FNC to use. 2 of my FNC expire 1/2021, the other 6/2021. So I can book 6 nights with points/FNC at Fairfield Anaheim in December, then use URs to book Best Western PP for next June or vice versa. I'm not sure the FNCs can be extended as they have been already. If I don't use one in December it will expire, as will the second one.
Any ideas as to which I should use for December and which for June?
Does it matter?

No it was apparently the worst he’s seen in a long time. He had to vacuum it out, take it apart, replace the transition hose, replace the exterior termination vent (he had a garbage can full of twigs from nests that had been built inside over the years). I’m honestly not sure if the vent has ever been cleaned.

We just throw away the old hoses and get new ones with new dryers. Usually though I've detached them at the base of the dryer and check for lint build up and clean it out at least from that end. Lint can cause a fire.

Until my new dryer. They taped it to the outside vent opening and to the base of the dryer. I didn't notice until recently when I went to clean it. Ripped that sucker apart and got some clamps and replaced it so that it is easier to clean. I really did not notice this shoddy installation until I went to clean it. I'm pretty sure it is a heat resistant tape but how could you keep your dryer vent clean if you can't take it off and vacuum?? (maybe I'm just old fashioned but lint can burn quickly and set your house on fire.)

We just throw away the old hoses and get new ones with new dryers. Usually though I've detached them at the base of the dryer and check for lint build up and clean it out at least from that end. Lint can cause a fire.

Until my new dryer. They taped it to the outside vent opening and to the base of the dryer. I didn't notice until recently when I went to clean it. Ripped that sucker apart and got some clamps and replaced it so that it is easier to clean. I really did not notice this shoddy installation until I went to clean it. I'm pretty sure it is a heat resistant tape but how could you keep your dryer vent clean if you can't take it off and vacuum?? (maybe I'm just old fashioned but lint can burn quickly and set your house on fire.)

Even the dryer vent. I got a vent hose thing for my vacuum that would go deep into the dryer. Amazing how much stuff comes out.

Need a few opinions. Originally booked Fairfield Anaheim Resort/DLR for last month but obviously canceled. I am tentatively planning for December knowing there is a high likelihood of canceling again. With that in mind, I will also plan on booking for next June as well.
I have both URs and Bonbon points/FNC to use. 2 of my FNC expire 1/2021, the other 6/2021. So I can book 6 nights with points/FNC at Fairfield Anaheim in December, then use URs to book Best Western PP for next June or vice versa. I'm not sure the FNCs can be extended as they have been already. If I don't use one in December it will expire, as will the second one.
Any ideas as to which I should use for December and which for June?
Does it matter?

My extensions for Marriott were until January 31, just in case you are thinking Jan 1. I'm getting rid of mine gradually - gave one away for last Saturday night. Family will always help me out there.

Anyway, I'd use the expiring certs in December.

Marriott has been amazing with extending stuff. Daughter still has one of those 7 night things going and they extended it again for her and booked it somewhere for March 2021.

I was debating whether I'd write this or not, but it might be therapeutic. Emotions are all over the place. My kids lost their aunt today, their father's sister. She died tragically in Colorado, by drowning at her home. We don't know if there was a medical emergency that precipitated or what. As far as we know she was alone when this happened. Details are still sketchy until a medical review of some kind comes about.

Our whole family is devastated as she was definitely a favorite and was a great support when older daughter had her car accident about 2 years ago. She owned her own business and her staff became concerned when she didn't show for work. My ex with police eventually found her. Please keep us all in your prayers while our family grieves for a beautiful person.

I thought you said you just throw away old houses. Which I Would love to do.

this dryer came with me from the last two houses. I think the hose was left by the Previous owners. But the vent is > 20’ and not straight so it needed a professional to vacuum it since I’m not handy. And my ex lost a sibling in a house fire so I definitely don’t want to take any chances.

I was debating whether I'd write this or not, but it might be therapeutic. Emotions are all over the place. My kids lost their aunt today, their father's sister. She died tragically in Colorado, by drowning at her home. We don't know if there was a medical emergency that precipitated or what. As far as we know she was alone when this happened. Details are still sketchy until a medical review of some kind comes about.

Our whole family is devastated as she was definitely a favorite and was a great support when older daughter had her car accident about 2 years ago. She owned her own business and her staff became concerned when she didn't show for work. My ex with police eventually found her. Please keep us all in your prayers while our family grieves for a beautiful person.
Oh, I’m so very sorry for your family’s loss. Keeping you all in my prayers.

I thought you said you just throw away old houses. Which I Would love to do.

this dryer came with me from the last two houses. I think the hose was left by the Previous owners. But the vent is > 20’ and not straight so it needed a professional to vacuum it since I’m not handy. And my ex lost a sibling in a house fire so I definitely don’t want to take any chances.

I have a short one, about 6 feet so fairly easy. I'm just happy you got it done! I have to admit I have some phobias about a lot of things and may get a little nutty with my precautions, lol.

I am so very sorry for your sudden and unexpected loss.

I’m so sorry for your families loss

I am so sorry for your family’s loss! What a tragic ending. Hugs!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter