I love credit cards so much! v3.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am planning to take my family on a trip to the Florida Gulf Coast sometime in late October through mid November (before Thanksgiving). We will have business in Tampa for a few days and then want to spend the rest of the week on the coast somewhere. I think we'd all enjoy Sanibel Island. My only concern is that some of us must log in to the internet for work/school during the day. I am worried about the wifi and/or cell signal on the Island. I have called a couple of Inns and asked them about it but was not given any definitive answers. For those of you who have traveled there recently, would you plan a trip where you absolutely had to be able to log in and work during the day? If Sanibel is too sketchy, we will find someplace else. Any ideas or advice?

2) How hard is it to link two consecutive award stays?

I want to book the Hyatt Regency Tokyo once the first part of my tiered SUB posts to my account but won't have all the points I need all at once.

They'll link them when you make the rez, I've done it 3 times and never had an issue. I used the 2 free night certs and points for 3 nights in Paris, all linked, one fnc and points for 2 nights in SF all linked and one fnc and 2 nights points in anaheim all linked. We never had to move rooms. I always call to make my rez because the people on the phone are so nice and helpful, I always use the number on the back of my card.

Book the hardest to get nights first and then add on with points later on the phone and they'll link it all together.

Just guessing it has to do with Real Id, but I don't know for sure as my real id has been delayed until next year.
Yes, you’ll need for Real ID. SS Card, birth certificate, 2 bills/bank statement with your address on them. I had already completed mine and when I went to renew my expired license last month it told me to bring all of that documentation but when I got there they didn’t need any of it since it was already on file.

Great question! I don’t get it either. But Virginia requires a social security card. And VA is weird to me too. In CT we took drivers ed then got our license when we were 16. In VA you get your permit at 15.5, take drivers ed, and then can get your license at 16.25.

I just went through all this with oldest DD. In TN, they have to have some form of ID, a statement from their school and an affidavit signed by their parents. We made the appointment and get to the DMV only to find out that the parents can‘t go in with them. I thought I might have to wait outside but that I would be able to help her check in. The clerk at the door asked if DD had any bills to prove residency. I asked what bills would a 15 year old have in her name? So I sent my just turned 15 year old into the DMV alone with her passport, school form, affadavit, SS card and birth certificate. I figured better to be over prepared. She did fine and proved that they are more capable than we think.

There is no drivers ed here unless you pay for private classes. At 16 if you pass the road test, you’re good. I wish they had drivers ed, now that I’m trying to teach her I realize how much I learned in drivers ed and how awful a teacher I am! I’ve been driving so long that I don’t think about how to do something so explaining it is not my strong suite!

Just wanted to pop on and say we are watching both of these Gulf storms very closely being in South Central LA and possibly within the impact area of both. Thoughts going out to anyone else here who may be in the path. Planning to ride everything out at home with our generator, as electricity in our area goes out with even regular thunderstorms here. Not expecting anything too serious, but 2 storms back to back will be quite interesting. 2020 just keeps delivering the crazy!
So true--this is very 2020.
I just went through all this with oldest DD. In TN, they have to have some form of ID, a statement from their school and an affidavit signed by their parents. We made the appointment and get to the DMV only to find out that the parents can‘t go in with them. I thought I might have to wait outside but that I would be able to help her check in. The clerk at the door asked if DD had any bills to prove residency. I asked what bills would a 15 year old have in her name? So I sent my just turned 15 year old into the DMV alone with her passport, school form, affadavit, SS card and birth certificate. I figured better to be over prepared. She did fine and proved that they are more capable than we think.

There is no drivers ed here unless you pay for private classes. At 16 if you pass the road test, you’re good. I wish they had drivers ed, now that I’m trying to teach her I realize how much I learned in drivers ed and how awful a teacher I am! I’ve been driving so long that I don’t think about how to do something so explaining it is not my strong suite!
I can’t imagine sending ds in alone. And I’m so glad my ex actually teaches them to drive. Once he teaches them I’ll drive with them but I don’t want to be the one teaching them. Then they do a 36 hour class and take another written test and 7 hours of driving where they have to pass a road test. They also have to drive 45 hours with their permit including 15 at night to get their license.,

Long time lurker and past infrequent poster here. Need some opinions about my proposed plan to earn the SW companion pass this year. I currently have the Premier card, which I've had 5+ years and I pay the balance off every month. The only other card I have is a US Bank 0 interest card with a small balance which will be paid off in the next month or 2. I've that one for less than 24 months (I think).

My plan is to use BIL's SW referal link for the 65,000 and get the Priority card. That will bring me to 112,266. I have an Oct Disney/Uni trip that will be at least 5,000 more points plus my regular monthly spending through Nov. should get me to 125,000 before end of year. Or, I thought about going for the CP next year by cancelling my current card later this year and signing up for both the Premier and Priority early next year with bonus points offers. Any opinions about these plans are appreciated.

Long time lurker and past infrequent poster here. Need some opinions about my proposed plan to earn the SW companion pass this year. I currently have the Premier card, which I've had 5+ years and I pay the balance off every month. The only other card I have is a US Bank 0 interest card with a small balance which will be paid off in the next month or 2. I've that one for less than 24 months (I think).

My plan is to use BIL's SW referal link for the 65,000 and get the Priority card. That will bring me to 112,266. I have an Oct Disney/Uni trip that will be at least 5,000 more points plus my regular monthly spending through Nov. should get me to 125,000 before end of year. Or, I thought about going for the CP next year by cancelling my current card later this year and signing up for both the Premier and Priority early next year with bonus points offers. Any opinions about these plans are appreciated.
:welcome: You may already know this but in order to get approved for the SW Priority card you would have to cancel your SW Premier card, then wait, about 30 days in order to apply for another SW personal card

:welcome: You may already know this but in order to get approved for the SW Priority card you would have to cancel your SW Premier card, then wait, about 30 days in order to apply for another SW personal card

Thanks, I did not know that! Glad I asked. I guess that plan is out the window since the 65K points expires Sept 15.

Did you earn the other 53,734 points (112,266-65,000) this year? If so, you're so close that I'd be tempted to close the existing card and then apply in September right before the offer ends. But, that's just me. It's also possible that the offer gets extended.

Did you earn the other 53,734 points (112,266-65,000) this year? If so, you're so close that I'd be tempted to close the existing card and then apply in September right before the offer ends. But, that's just me. It's also possible that the offer gets extended.
Yes, I have earned 47,266 to date this calendar. So the 65K + my expected earned points would get me to the 125K this calendar year. Even if I qualified by Sep 15, I would be cutting the earned points close based on timeline of the remaining months. But even if I don't qualify, I'm not really out anything I guess. I can always open a new SW card in the future when there is a good offer, or I was thinking about switching to a hotel reward card anyway.

Yes, I have earned 47,266 to date this calendar. So the 65K + my expected earned points would get me to the 125K this calendar year. Even if I qualified by Sep 15, I would be cutting the earned points close based on timeline of the remaining months. But even if I don't qualify, I'm not really out anything I guess. I can always open a new SW card in the future when there is a good offer, or I was thinking about switching to a hotel reward card anyway.

The other piece of the puzzle is when are you planning on traveling with your companion pass? Do you really want it this year?

And since I haven't messed with SW in about 2 or 3 years, is there any way to get it with 2 cards at the moment? Didn't the priority card have a higher offer at some point? Any possibility of Chase coming out with a fast track to CP, such as they did a while back?

Thanks, I did not know that! Glad I asked. I guess that plan is out the window since the 65K points expires Sept 15.
The points you already earned this year are tied to your RR account not the credit card you currently have open, so if you are okay with cancelling and waiting to apply for the new SW card would not lose the points you already have

Can someone confirm Hyatt 15k free night dates for me?

Opened card 5/21/20. First statement closed June 1st. So I expect next AF will hit June 1st 2021. Will it be ok if I finish the spend in May?

Has anyone else transferred UR points to Hyatt and NOT had them show up immediately? I transferred some yesterday and they're not there yet. All the bloggers I can find talking about it say it's instantaneous.

I had 3 different AF hit this month. I need some help deciding what to keep and what to downgrade or cancel.

CSR-$450. Man, I really love this card. Hate the AF. I would definitely have downgraded if the AF was $550 but it was left at $450. If I decide to downgrade, I will need to hurry and spend the $300 travel credit. Not sure what to do with it at this point. with not travel in the near future. Is there a place to buy Disney gcs that would code as travel?

CSP - I would happily cancel this if I was keeping the CSR. However, I just referred DH to the CSP and am waiting on the referral bonus. But from the convo earlier this week, it sounds like I might be able to still get the bonus?

CIP - Definitely want to cancel this one, already have a CIC. Can I cancel via DM?

CSP - I would happily cancel this if I was keeping the CSR. However, I just referred DH to the CSP and am waiting on the referral bonus. But from the convo earlier this week, it sounds like I might be able to still get the bonus?

PC it to one of the freedom cards. You'll still get the bonus and you can keep your support link going for as long as it's still active even if you don't currently hold the CSP. No reason to cancel it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter