I love credit cards so much! v3.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Big sigh... I feel your disappointment šŸ˜”. For our family weā€™ve agreed that at this point we donā€™t want to go back to Disneyland until itā€™s back to ā€œnormal.ā€ Iā€™m sure it will reopen in the upcoming months, but with the restrictions in place we just donā€™t think it will be as enjoyable for us. UCT offered a 95% refund, but encouraged me to hang on to my tickets as they believe the expiration will be extended and I will end up paying 2019 prices in 2020 or even 2021. DH and I talked about it, and decided to take the refund. I would be surprised if DL is back to normal in 2021, but I REALLY hope Iā€™m wrong.
We went to wdw back in July - just 10 days after MK and AK opened and 6 days after EP and HS opened. My biggest fear was that we would regret the trip. Having flown from CO all the way to FL just to deal with masks and restrictions is not my idea of a good time (we're not afraid of covid...). But what we found was a magical vacation despite the restrictions. I was actually shocked how much I loved it. It's all about perspective. My family just really needed that trip and I was so glad we took it. No regrets at all!!! All I regret now is that I turned in our AP's, otherwise I'd be booking some return trips this fall.
I really hope DLR is back to normal this next year. We will be there! Fingers crossed for low crowds!

I'm thinking about trying to amass United points for flying to the UK (London or somewhere in Scotland). We would be trying to get United cards and maybe Marriott Amex cards. Any problems with this plan (other than Amex pop-up and 5/24 restrictions)?

I'm thinking about trying to amass United points for flying to the UK (London or somewhere in Scotland). We would be trying to get United cards and maybe Marriott Amex cards. Any problems with this plan (other than Amex pop-up and 5/24 restrictions)?

amassing UA points might not be worth massing. might be better to earn other points than UA.
depends on your preference as well(ie J or Y, layovers, etc.)

for ex, a RT flight from Los Angeles to Japan is 85k on ANA(using MR).
a RT flight from Los Angeles to Japan is 160k on United,

amassing UA points might not be worth massing. might be better to earn other points than UA.
depends on your preference as well(ie J or Y, layovers, etc.)

for ex, a RT flight from Los Angeles to Japan is 85k on ANA(using MR).
a RT flight from Los Angeles to Japan is 160k on United,
Thanks, Albort. I just don't want to get into anything too complicated. We would probably have to do economy because there are four of us and I don't know if we could get enough points for a better class. It looked like economy on United from New York would be 60k round trip each, which seemed doable. But if there's a better way, I would love to know!

Thanks, Albort. I just don't want to get into anything too complicated. We would probably have to do economy because there are four of us and I don't know if we could get enough points for a better class. It looked like economy on United from New York would be 60k round trip each, which seemed doable. But if there's a better way, I would love to know!

u might have better redemption going through the UR portal with 1.5x with CSR. worth looking at and comparing!

@snugglebug We are headed to Hyatt Regency Hill Country on Thursday. Any restaurant recommendations, especially for good steak? Is SeaWorld worth visiting? It looks to be about a mile awhile but with temps in the low 100s, it might be killer.

Canceled my Barclays Arrival yesterday. Received a letter that they were going to cancel it on me in 30 days if I didn't use it. Had no further need for it. The last time I used it was in Europe, exactly 1 year ago this month. So Barclays is definitely mitigating risk right now by getting non-users off their books. So if you have a dormant Barclays you want to keep, you should swipe it.

Big day for me. My Amex Plat had an offer for Function of Beauty, the website I visited once and have seen ads for 15x per day ever since. My favorite shampoo was recently discontinued & the $20 savings is allowing me to justify the purchase, despite the :scared1: shipping charges.

So now I, too, have bright blue shampoo & pink conditioner, formulated for my hair type, scented like vanilla milkshake, personalized with my name & whatever ā€œsticker sheet,ā€ on its way to me. I also added the purple body wash, because why not. There may even be a green lotion. I went wild.

This is the most exciting thing that has happened to me in weeks. These are the times we live in.

Big day for me. My Amex Plat had an offer for Function of Beauty, the website I visited once and have seen ads for 15x per day ever since. My favorite shampoo was recently discontinued & the $20 savings is allowing me to justify the purchase, despite the :scared1: shipping charges.

So now I, too, have bright blue shampoo & pink conditioner, formulated for my hair type, scented like vanilla milkshake, personalized with my name & whatever ā€œsticker sheet,ā€ on its way to me. I also added the purple body wash, because why not. There may even be a green lotion. I went wild.

This is the most exciting thing that has happened to me in weeks. These are the times we live in.
Sounds luxurious!

Canceled my Barclays Arrival yesterday. Received a letter that they were going to cancel it on me in 30 days if I didn't use it. Had no further need for it. The last time I used it was in Europe, exactly 1 year ago this month. So Barclays is definitely mitigating risk right now by getting non-users off their books. So if you have a dormant Barclays you want to keep, you should swipe it.

Yeah, so Barclays sent me a letter on a totally sock-drawered card I had, and gave me a date to use it by to keep it alive. I did an online transaction on that day for $1 but Barclays still closed it on me. I'm not really mad to lose it since Barclays had made it from an ok card to a truly crap card (Upromise).

Lesson I learned: don't believe the date Barclays puts in its letter. Swipe earlier.

We decided to have dhā€™s parents fly down next weekend to see DS. They havenā€™t been to our house before and havenā€™t seen him either. We were nervous about them being in an airport and coming to see him after but they canā€™t make the 20 hour drive. Hopefully everything goes well.
After flying today I really wouldnā€™t be too concerned. Airports arenā€™t super busy, everyone is wearing masks and keeping their distance. Iā€™m sure they will be thrilled to meet him and spend time with your family in your new house!

After flying today I really wouldnā€™t be too concerned. Airports arenā€™t super busy, everyone is wearing masks and keeping their distance. Iā€™m sure they will be thrilled to meet him and spend time with your family in your new house!
I definitely second this opinion. We flew 2-3 weeks ago, and felt extremely safe. Hardly anyone in the airports. Security both ways was a breeze... less than 5 minutes to get through! Everyone wore their masks religiously on the flights, everyone was using a lot of hand sanitizer, etc. No one in our party got sick after our trip either.

We went to the Keys, and would HIGHLY recommend as a place to go during this pandemic.They are extremely stringent, especially Key West, on masks there, and we truly felt like we were having a safe vacation. Coming from a place where masks are literally a joke to most (South Carolina), we felt almost in shock that they were making such a big deal about masks EVERYWHERE, even outdoors. But I can tell you that it is exactly the reason WHY we choose to vacation there, because we felt it would be a very safe bet. So if anyone is thinking about it, our recommendation is yes! We did so many fun, outdoor activities. And for the first time, we snorkeled with sharks!! A highlight for sure.

@snugglebug We are headed to Hyatt Regency Hill Country on Thursday. Any restaurant recommendations, especially for good steak? Is SeaWorld worth visiting? It looks to be about a mile awhile but with temps in the low 100s, it might be killer.

I don't get to San Antonio near as much as I would like. My trips are typically sports centered lol

Kids went to SW with my sister a few years ago and were less than impressed, they do not want to return. I haven't been since I was pre-teen/early teen, I can't even remember. Fiesta Texas (Six Flags) isn't bad. It's not WDW, but we had a nice day there about 2 years ago.

For steak, we'd probably end up at Salt Grass. I would recommend you check out some BBQ. Avoid chains like Rudy's and Smoky Mo's. I haven't been to Bill Miller's yet, but I hear mixed things about them. Instead though, look for small BBQ joints, especially the ones with hours that read something like "11am til the meat runs out". I did a quick search and I would try The Smoke Shack or 2M in the SA area. For Tex-Mex the locals really like Chuy's, but it's not the Tex-Mex I grew up on. I'm usually a fan of Lupe's Tortillla, but it's a bit location dependent. Those charro beans are not the same everywhere lol You really can't go too wrong with Mexican food, with food allergies it's our go-to and we're never been too disappointed anywhere. Looks like there's a Papsito's Cantina which would be good.

It's going to be HOT. Stay hydrated and head for pool or indoors in the afternoon. Theme parks are doable if you have cooling towels, move slow and seek shade often. My daughter has softball practice from 2-4 today, it's brutal.

Anyone else struggling to use their Dell credits. We have one for $200 and 4 for $100. Any ideas? No gamers here, and it's an all-Apple house.

Thank you! That makes me feel a lot better. Theyā€™re going to all small airports so that helps too. We were planning to drive for Christmas but I just canā€™t imagine driving 20 hours with a baby. I have a feeling we may end up flying

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter