I love credit cards so much! v3.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you! That makes me feel a lot better. They’re going to all small airports so that helps too. We were planning to drive for Christmas but I just can’t imagine driving 20 hours with a baby. I have a feeling we may end up flying
I flew out of a mid-size, connected in o’hare, and into small. They all were great. Sanitizer everywhere.

Anyone else struggling to use their Dell credits. We have one for $200 and 4 for $100. Any ideas? No gamers here, and it's an all-Apple house.

I bought an iRobot mop recently. :) They also have Roombas, TVs, headphones, printers, etc. The Electronics & Accessories category would probably have the most items of interest. You can split payment between 3 cards in online checkout.

Mostly, I've been getting XBox GC and storing it up on Microsoft. But don't know what I'm doing with that yet, lol. If DH didn't already have a drone, that's what I'd be getting.

I'm thinking about trying to amass United points for flying to the UK (London or somewhere in Scotland). We would be trying to get United cards and maybe Marriott Amex cards. Any problems with this plan (other than Amex pop-up and 5/24 restrictions)?

What’s your */24?
How many Amex credit cards do you currently have?
Have you gotten any United cards in the past 24 months, and if so what?
Do you have any Marriott cards from either Chase or Amex, and if so what and did you receive a welcome/upgrade bonus on them in the past 24 months?
Is P2 applying, and if so same questions as above.
How many UA and Marriott points are you looking at needing?
Do you have UR or MR points you can transfer over to (UR->)UA or (UR/MR->)Marriott?
When is this trip, and what is your timeframe?

Oh goodness. Help! My mom somehow responded to an email and gave out her mastercard number, social security number and birthday. I think I'm going to have to move in with them. What should I do? Freeze her credit?
I would freeze her credit...and report the MasterCard stolen so she gets a new number
Totally different situation but we had to do it for my mother in law a few years ago since my sister in law used her info to co sign student loans for her daughters first 2 years of college...80k in private student loans she wasn’t making payments on we found out when they started calling our home...froze MILs credit so SIL used her own Moms info for the last 2 years...it’s a mess now with nothing getting paid on time and MIL would not file identity theft, nieces credit is trashed etc

I would freeze her credit...and report the MasterCard stolen so she gets a new number
Totally different situation but we had to do it for my mother in law a few years ago since my sister in law used her info to co sign student loans for her daughters first 2 years of college...80k in private student loans she wasn’t making payments on we found out when they started calling our home...froze MILs credit so SIL used her own Moms info for the last 2 years...it’s a mess now with nothing getting paid on time and MIL would not file identity theft, nieces credit is trashed etc
What a mess:(

Anyone else struggling to use their Dell credits. We have one for $200 and 4 for $100. Any ideas? No gamers here, and it's an all-Apple house.
Nope! We upgraded to a very nice 75 in Samsung at a much lower cost with them. I am going to use the future credits when they reset to upgrade some of the stuff in our house so Google Nest Thermostats, Ring for the front door and the deadbolts that you can control from your control.

Last edited:
Oh goodness. Help! My mom somehow responded to an email and gave out her mastercard number, social security number and birthday. I think I'm going to have to move in with them. What should I do? Freeze her credit?
So sorry.

It would be extremely helpful if she reported the information to SSA since we are always trying to combat fraud, especially to seniors and it will help to keep an eye on your SS account.

Definitely freeze her credit and report the MC card immediately.

So sorry.

It would be extremely helpful if she reported the information to SSA since we are always trying to combat fraud, especially to seniors and it will help to keep an eye on your SS account.

Definitely freeze her credit and report the MC card immediately.
@Alexle2007 - is it possible to change her SSN? I'm guessing they are retired?

There wouldn’t be a problem disputing a personal item bought with a SW biz card, right? I’m not sure they’d agree with me, but here’s the story as brief as I can make it. Bought a Fitbit for $69 and a pair of tongs. Used a very old merchandise credit for $40 something, and charged the rest, so the credit didn’t even cover the entirety of the Fitbit. Returned the tongs, and Kohl’s refused to credit my credit card. Gave me another merchandise credit. On top of that, they gave me a reduced value on the tongs. The customer service clerk did not know why, just said that was what her computer said.

I have a feeling it’s because I got $10 Kohl’s cash from the order, but again, the cost of the Fitbit alone would have earned me that $10. We are not talking a huge amount of money here, so if I don’t have a leg to stand on, I guess I can live with the $13 merchandise card. Kohl’s annoys me so much with their machinations; I rarely shop there.

Oh, and I did already escalate to corporate. I mentioned that I expected a reply within 15 days. It’s been over that, and so far, crickets.

So.....dispute or not?

Oh boy. Are the moms and mils’s credit trashed too since they “co-signed”? That is a tough one. So sorry for those hurt by this.

Oh, no. Sorry for this situation, too.

Oh boy. Are the moms and mils’s credit trashed too since they “co-signed”? That is a tough one. So sorry for those hurt by this.
My MILs credit is trashed, thankfully she doesn’t need it since she’s in assisted living...no car etc.... we closed her one CC years ago when we found out she had given BIL a card to use and he was using it for vacations etc and not paying her back....she was running out of money and had to sell her house.
My BIL and SILs credit has been trashed for years, she never pays bills on time, they have had cars repossessed etc so I’m assuming that’s why they couldn’t co sign the loans and used MILs info...
Sort of a funny story 10-15 years ago she called Chase to say they couldn’t pay what they owed...I think 20k chase offered to reduce it to 10k if they paid, she said yes and then was really upset when Chase closed the card...she told me this thinking it was a great way to get out of paying her bills

Last edited:
There wouldn’t be a problem disputing a personal item bought with a SW biz card, right? I’m not sure they’d agree with me, but here’s the story as brief as I can make it. Bought a Fitbit for $69 and a pair of tongs. Used a very old merchandise credit for $40 something, and charged the rest, so the credit didn’t even cover the entirety of the Fitbit. Returned the tongs, and Kohl’s refused to credit my credit card. Gave me another merchandise credit. On top of that, they gave me a reduced value on the tongs. The customer service clerk did not know why, just said that was what her computer said.

I have a feeling it’s because I got $10 Kohl’s cash from the order, but again, the cost of the Fitbit alone would have earned me that $10. We are not talking a huge amount of money here, so if I don’t have a leg to stand on, I guess I can live with the $13 merchandise card. Kohl’s annoys me so much with their machinations; I rarely shop there.

Oh, and I did already escalate to corporate. I mentioned that I expected a reply within 15 days. It’s been over that, and so far, crickets.

So.....dispute or not?
I shop at Kohl’s.....I’m assuming you used the kohl’s cash ...from what I remember them doing is allocating The 40 credit between all items ordered and they would do the same with the $10 kohl’s cash on the return...for me fighting for a $13 credit on my card wouldn’t be worth it since I’d easily use the $13 at kohl’s with my daughter having a baby...but I agree the way they calculate returns is odd to me sometimes

Last edited:
I see that hyatt releases rooms 395 days in advance but do all properties? I find it hard to believe that my top two choices foe Tokyo are both completely sold out of everything but the other properties all have availability including the park hyatt. Looking at the tokyo station and andaz. TS I can find in july but nothing in Aug or Sept and the andaz through the last day in aug then nothing.

I know they moved the olympics but they are well before the start of Sept. I also don't want to book anything until I get our flights but am concerned if those two are sold out for all available dates in Sept that I shouls get something. It's just odd which makes me think they haven't released that far.
I booked Hyatt in Vancouver before a cruise and was booking 395 days out, and couldn't find what I needed. I kept checking, eventually more days opened. (Marriott seems to do the same, I can find Marriotts open on release day but the Fairfield Anaheim still has no points bookings open for June 2021). Also I searched days around my needed dates. Needed Saturday and Sunday nights, found Friday thru Sunday and booked it. Then called and told them plans changed and I needed to cancel Friday night. I could never find the Saturday without Friday.
Our family did our first trip to DLR back in 2018. My dh grew up in SoCal so he went to DL all the time. We'd taken just our girls for a day when they were little but 2018 was our first full family trip and we did 4 park days. It was amazing!!! Coming from a girl who grew up on WDW and then did WDW every year, I just fell in love with DLR. My dd17 will graduate this year, as will one of my cousin's dd's. Our girls are close and they have been planning their grad trip to DLR for YEARS. Both families have been planning this...I keep thinking, surely DLR will be open by May...but the way things are going, I'm not so sure anymore. I know the girls will be disappointed but wondering if we need to shift our planning to WDW instead.
I'm still crossing fingers we can have a redo of our planned DLR/USH plans from past June for next June. We already have 5 day DLR tix and 2 days USH tix.
I see you've gotten good advice to freeze credit, report MC stolen and report to SSA. I'm waiting for the day my mom does this. I am constantly telling her NEVER click on a link in an email. Just last week, she texts me asking what her AppleID is, she can't find it in her list of passwords. I'm like it's there keep looking. Didn't think to ask why. 🤦‍♀️ My sister happened to be at my house and said she'd stop by mom's to show her. Turns out mom received an email that she bought a $30 app and was trying to click thru the email to see what it was since she hadn't bought an app. She got yet another lecture from me on why she shouldn't ever do that and what phishing and spam are.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter