I love credit cards so much! v3.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I bought an iRobot mop recently. :) They also have Roombas, TVs, headphones, printers, etc. The Electronics & Accessories category would probably have the most items of interest. You can split payment between 3 cards in online checkout.

Mostly, I've been getting XBox GC and storing it up on Microsoft. But don't know what I'm doing with that yet, lol. If DH didn't already have a drone, that's what I'd be getting.

Thanks. DH saw the mop but we don't have much tile, and we already have a Roomba or we would be looking at them.

We can split payment? Oh that would be a game changer, then, since $400 would make it easier to find something (even a Nikon camera lens). This opens up so many more option. :goodvibes

I booked Hyatt in Vancouver before a cruise and was booking 395 days out, and couldn't find what I needed. I kept checking, eventually more days opened. (Marriott seems to do the same, I can find Marriotts open on release day but the Fairfield Anaheim still has no points bookings open for June 2021). Also I searched days around my needed dates. Needed Saturday and Sunday nights, found Friday thru Sunday and booked it. Then called and told them plans changed and I needed to cancel Friday night. I could never find the Saturday without Friday.

But it's not that there are rooms at the hotel to book but not all are available, it's that the hotel's not an option for booking at all. I'm guessing it's more to do with them not being actual Hyatt's as they are the only one's with nothing bookable. I'll probably just book the park hyatt and then wait for one of the others to open up so I have something. Though I really don't want to book at cat 7 just in case. The one I really one is cat 6 so it ties up 20k in points that I may not may not need.

Anyone else struggling to use their Dell credits. We have one for $200 and 4 for $100. Any ideas? No gamers here, and it's an all-Apple house.
For the $100.00 credit I purchased a Firestick (for dd's dorm room) and a Belkin charger for my iPhone.

For the $200.00 credit I am getting a birthday gift for my nephew (gamer headphones and a new Switch controller) and a Christmas gift for other nephew (gamer headphones and a Nintendo game). You can also grab a Samsung baseline tablet for a gift (I got one with the first $200.00 credit) and gave to my nephew for his birthday gift (he LOVED it!).

Last edited:

What’s your */24?
How many Amex credit cards do you currently have?
Have you gotten any United cards in the past 24 months, and if so what?
Do you have any Marriott cards from either Chase or Amex, and if so what and did you receive a welcome/upgrade bonus on them in the past 24 months?
Is P2 applying, and if so same questions as above.
How many UA and Marriott points are you looking at needing?
Do you have UR or MR points you can transfer over to (UR->)UA or (UR/MR->)Marriott?
When is this trip, and what is your timeframe?
Thanks @Lain !
What’s your */24? Well....it's either 4/24 or 5/24. I got a Macy's card and I don't know if they're going to count that. Dh is 3/24
How many Amex credit cards do you currently have? We each have one
Have you gotten any United cards in the past 24 months, and if so what? No for both
Do you have any Marriott cards from either Chase or Amex, and if so what and did you receive a welcome/upgrade bonus on them in the past 24 months? No for both
How many UA and Marriott points are you looking at needing? It looks like 240k for economy
Do you have UR or MR points you can transfer over to (UR->)UA or (UR/MR->)Marriott? Not right now. I've been thinking about whether I should start with MR. I've recently spent a ton of URs and probably won't have a large amount any time soon.
When is this trip, and what is your timeframe? Summer 2022 or 2023

Thanks @Lain !
What’s your */24? Well....it's either 4/24 or 5/24. I got a Macy's card and I don't know if they're going to count that. Dh is 3/24
How many Amex credit cards do you currently have? We each have one
Have you gotten any United cards in the past 24 months, and if so what? No for both
Do you have any Marriott cards from either Chase or Amex, and if so what and did you receive a welcome/upgrade bonus on them in the past 24 months? No for both
How many UA and Marriott points are you looking at needing? It looks like 240k for economy
Do you have UR or MR points you can transfer over to (UR->)UA or (UR/MR->)Marriott? Not right now. I've been thinking about whether I should start with MR. I've recently spent a ton of URs and probably won't have a large amount any time soon.
When is this trip, and what is your timeframe? Summer 2022 or 2023

Store cards count, so you'd be 5/24 and will want to figure out when they start dropping off to figure out when you'd be able to do a chase card, assuming you don't get any personal cards before you drop to 4/24.

The good thing is you're not looking at next year but 2022 to 2023 which helps along with having P2.

Already earned the SUB on my BoA card since I used it for our pool heater pump. We selected home improvement as our 3% category and it counted so got extra from that too! Now working on dh’s BoA card. Not sure what our next step is. Might have Dh apply for a capital one again since he’ll be eligible

Has anyone recently disputed a charge with Chase?

I bought a "no returns" product from Amazon and it's completely inedible (it's gummy candy that has been fused together, maybe by heat? Not really sure) and since the seller is being supremely unhelpful I decided to dispute the charge. I've only done that once in my life.

When I use the Chase website (which is where I assumed I should be able to do it), it says to please call them to finish it.

Is this new since Covid or has it always been that you had to call? I swear the time I did it years ago, it could all be done online.

Today is the last day to use the Sam's club $10/$50... Can I get a 50 DGC and a couple of items to pick up in store?

FYI - NEW! Chase Card coming:
Freedom Flex will be available for new sign-ups beginning Sept. 14, with the same welcome bonus previously available for Freedom, including $200 cash back after $500 in first three months from account opening, plus 5% back on the first $12,000 spent on grocery purchases within the first year (excluding Target and Walmart).

The biggest change is a shift from Visa to Mastercard — as a result, cardholders will have access to World Elite benefits, including discounts on products and services, cell phone protection, hotel perks, a ShopRunner membership, access to a 24/7 concierge service and more.

Chase will also be keeping its rotating 5% categories around — a new mix of purchase categories will trigger a bonus each quarter, ranging from gas stations to streaming services and more. Additionally, Flex will offer the same permanent bonus categories making their way to Freedom Unlimited, including 5% back on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards, 3% on dining and 3% at drugstores.

Finally, it’s worth noting that the current Chase Freedom will no longer be available to new customers, though existing cardholders can choose to keep their current card or give Chase a call to request a product change to the new Freedom Flex.

https://thepointsguy.com/news/chase-freedom-flex-intro/ (sorry about the source lol)

Freedom Flex will be available for new sign-ups beginning Sept. 14, with the same welcome bonus previously available for Freedom, including $200 cash back after $500 in first three months from account opening, plus 5% back on the first $12,000 spent on grocery purchases within the first year (excluding Target and Walmart).

The biggest change is a shift from Visa to Mastercard — as a result, cardholders will have access to World Elite benefits, including discounts on products and services, cell phone protection, hotel perks, a ShopRunner membership, access to a 24/7 concierge service and more.

Chase will also be keeping its rotating 5% categories around — a new mix of purchase categories will trigger a bonus each quarter, ranging from gas stations to streaming services and more. Additionally, Flex will offer the same permanent bonus categories making their way to Freedom Unlimited, including 5% back on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards, 3% on dining and 3% at drugstores.

Finally, it’s worth noting that the current Chase Freedom will no longer be available to new customers, though existing cardholders can choose to keep their current card or give Chase a call to request a product change to the new Freedom Flex.

https://thepointsguy.com/news/chase-freedom-flex-intro/ (sorry about the source lol)

More info here

https://mastercardcontentexchange.c...ortunities-for-freedom-unlimited-cardmembers/
Of note:
Cardmembers earn cash back on:
  • 5% on Bonus Quarterly Categories – Each quarter they activate, cardmembers will receive 5% cash back on up to $1,500 in combined purchases on bonus categories such as grocery stores, select streaming services and many others.
  • 5% on Travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards, including vacation and car rentals.
  • 3% on Dining purchases, including take out or eligible delivery services.
  • 3% on Drugstore purchases on daily essentials like medicine, toiletries, diapers and other items.
  • 1% unlimited cash back on all other purchases.

5% on Travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards, including vacation and car rentals.
So.....will this be the same (or better) than using the CSP portal to book travel? Would I be able to get rid of my CSP is I PC my CF to this new Flex card?

ETA - and if I get this card and pay my cell phone bill with it, can I cancel my ATT cell phone insurance (we have five phones on the plan - three of which carry insurance)?

ETA again - not sure if this was mentioned in your message but did a little research and found this on https://www.cnn.com/2020/08/31/cnn-underscored/chase-freedom-flex-credit-card-announced/index.html
Chase Freedom Unlimited additional features

Also on September 15, the same Freedom Flex trio of fixed bonus categories will be added to the existing Chase Freedom Unlimetedcredit card, which also has no annual fee. This means the Freedom Unlimited will earn 5% on travel purchases made through Ultimate Rewards, 3% on dining, 3% at drug stores and 1.5% cash back on all other purchases. Both new and existing Freedom Unlimited card holders will get these new categories.

Last edited:

https://mastercardcontentexchange.c...ortunities-for-freedom-unlimited-cardmembers/
So the MC PR states 9/15 as the release date but otherwise the only new info TPG added was the discontinuation of the CF card. Sounds to me like a Chase announcement then.

Makes sense now why they removed the CF from support links. Question becomes now, since the Flex (CFF?) is a replacement for the CF, do we think they'll keep the bonus criteria separate? Could someone have received, or sneak in, a CF bonus and still get the Flex on launch? (And would anyone take up two 5/24 slots with Freedom cards... besides me :laughing:)

I almost think the bigger announcement is the additional bonus categories on the CFU. Having standing bonuses on dining and drug stores is pretty huge in addition to the normal 1.5% on everything. Especially since its the same bonus on dining as the beaucoup bucks CSR. I know at least one card that gets 2% at drugstores but don't recall any higher than that. The new Flex will get the same but with 5% rotating cats and MC perks for $0 AF. That's a pretty good everyday card. (And I didn't forget about the 5% back on the UR portal. I just don't see a compelling reason to buy stuff from the travel portal. Using UR I'll put up with limitations of OTAs but using cash doesn't seem worth the bother.)

Wonder what they're going to do with the Sapphires? Does it stop with PYB or will there be tweaks there too? Somewhat interesting changes happening with Chase.

So.....will this be the same (or better) than using the CSP portal to book travel? Would I be able to get rid of my CSP is I PC my CF to this new Flex card?

ETA - and if I get this card and pay my cell phone bill with it, can I cancel my ATT cell phone insurance (we have five phones on the plan - three of which carry insurance)?

ETA again - or should I keep my CF and PC my DH's CFU?
I can't imagine they'd add the transfer UR to travel partners benefit to this card. Plus the UR portal/PYB redemption multiplier or the travel insurance. If you keep the CSP for any of those reasons then I don't think the new card would be an adequate substitute.

If you were going to PC a card rather than add a card, I probably wouldn't PC a CFU. ATM i can't see a reason to hold the CF plus a CFF. I think getting 1.5x on every purchase would be better than having two rotating category cards. Unless you are routinely maxing out the CF. But in that case I say just have all 3 cards, why chose ?:teeth:

I can't imagine they'd add the transfer UR to travel partners benefit to this card. Plus the UR portal/PYB redemption multiplier or the travel insurance. If you keep the CSP for any of those reasons then I don't think the new card would be an adequate substitute.

If you were going to PC a card rather than add a card, I probably wouldn't PC a CFU. ATM i can't see a reason to hold the CF plus a CFF. I think getting 1.5x on every purchase would be better than having two rotating category cards. Unless you are routinely maxing out the CF. But in that case I say just have all 3 cards, why chose ?:teeth:
Thanks. I think the same regarding the CSP. I hardly use it - I keep it for the travel benefits.

I edited my OP again - CFU will have some changes too so I am keeping DH's. I do not routinely max out my CF categories. Thinking of PCing my CF mostly for the cell phone insurance. It would lower my cell phone bill if I could cancel the insurance on our three newest phones.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter