I love credit cards so much! v3.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alibris (online store/reseller for books, movies, music) purchases count for the Amex Shop Small offer. I'm trying to use up my Amex offers this weekend by shopping small businesses online since I don't have many places nearby where I shop. Does anyone have recommendations for interesting small businesses online? Besides the books, so far I've purchased some fancy running socks that I wouldn't ordinarily purchase at full price and ordered garden seeds twice.

If you need more options, My gift cards plus through swagbucks counts for the offer for some reason.

Dh wants to pay and watch it. Mulan is one of my favorites so I have a feeling I’ll be super disappointed. The only live actions I’ve liked is Aladdin and beauty and the beast
You sound like me... I'm the same, the only live actions I've liked was Beauty and the Beast (amazing!) and then Aladdin was a close second. I have not cared for the others. And yes, animated Mulan is one of the best Disney movies to me, so I was highly disappointed. Maybe it was my own fault... I didn't read much about it or know enough to not compare it to the original. Oh well. There are worse things to spend $30 on, haha.

I am one of the few. I didn’t care for the live action Beauty and the Beast. The story was the same as the animated version so it seemed boring to me. I think I’d like the new Mulan because the story is different. I went to see how to watch and it will be released to all D+ on Dec 4. I can wait. I can’t remember the last movie I saw in the theater and it isn’t Covid related. I just don’t go to the movie theater. I have no urgency to see something as soon as it comes out. Usually wait until a movie is on DVD and ”rent” from the library. So waiting on this will be fine.

I’ve been watching a marvel movie almost every weekend for a while now. I am going through them in chronological order starting with captain marvel and ending with end game. Just finished Thor Ragnarok, so I am getting close to being done. Had to skip The Hulk as it isn’t on D+ and the library copy is still out. Also D+ doesn’t seem to have the Spider-Man movies.

I haven't made it through the first act of Hamilton yet. I was all excited but it is tough for me to get through it.

My biggest time suck in TV right now is Peacock, the free NBC streaming service. I never had cable so I am binging through Suits and Covert Affairs right now. There are some other shows I haven’t seen AND all of Downton Abbey is on there. I didn’t watch every season and it will be fun to rewatch the first seasons.

You sound like me... I'm the same, the only live actions I've liked was Beauty and the Beast (amazing!) and then Aladdin was a close second. I have not cared for the others. And yes, animated Mulan is one of the best Disney movies to me, so I was highly disappointed. Maybe it was my own fault... I didn't read much about it or know enough to not compare it to the original. Oh well. There are worse things to spend $30 on, haha.
We’ll probably end up paying to watch it but we’ll have to watch it in little bits at a time. I like the humor and singing in the cartoon that’s why I’m not super excited about the live action.

@calypso726 , have you been able to book Radisson rooms with points online lately? Every hotel I look at says there's no points rate available.

Points bookings will release later than cash bookings. I forget how many days out but what you can do is search for points availability for just one night well before your actual date of travel. Once you find a date, then, keep going one night forward until you get to the point that there’s no availability. That will give you an idea. Sometimes the release isn’t by days in advance but in chunks of days released. Also, when the date becomes available you still may not be able to book successfully online. There were some web issues that prevented the booking even though point nights were available. If that happens, just call and book over the phone. Hope this helps.

I know there are quite a few people here who sell on EBay. I have some items from a late relative that I'd like to sell. Mostly little things he collected like pocket knives and coins. I have no idea about how to go about it. I know there are fees and shipping, etc but was wondering if anyone could give me a brief primer or suggestions & tips. Feel free to PM me if you prefer. Thanks

Hi all,
I just made a post on Dischurners about handling upcoming AFs after my MDD last year. I'd appreciate any thoughts on how people are handling this now, with change in the air at Chase. I will (hopefully) have a big UR redemption in the next year since the trip we planned was cancelled--so I'd like to have a CSR for that possible redemption, but I'm wondering if there's a different angle now?

I know there are quite a few people here who sell on EBay. I have some items from a late relative that I'd like to sell. Mostly little things he collected like pocket knives and coins. I have no idea about how to go about it. I know there are fees and shipping, etc but was wondering if anyone could give me a brief primer or suggestions & tips. Feel free to PM me if you prefer. Thanks
I don’t have any tips for selling on eBay, but wanted to say make sure you know what you are doing with the coins as some can be worth insane amounts. My father had a side hustle of collecting and selling coins and after my parents were gone I had to unload the coin collection. At one point he worked for a famous auction house, so they took the collection and auctioned it off for me. It was crazy what some of the coins sold for. I still don’t understand why someone would pay thousands and thousands of dollars for a single nickel, but they will if it is the right nickel. I always thought my father was a little crazy with his coins, but it turned out to be a pretty amazing investment.

Logged into my Chase account this morning. I have been using the Freedom for a TON of Amazon purchases this quarter, to get the 5x points.

I see my refund (pending) for my returned inedible food item... and it appears the negative number of points for it is only at 1x. Anyone know if this will update as soon as it's officially posted (no longer pending)?

Also, I was thinking to get Disney CGs at Target for my upcoming trip in November (to pay for food and souvenirs, since the tickets and room are already paid for) but now I am wondering if there might be a new SUB in my future by then. Ugh, decisions...

I don’t have any tips for selling on eBay, but wanted to say make sure you know what you are doing with the coins as some can be worth insane amounts. My father had a side hustle of collecting and selling coins and after my parents were gone I had to unload the coin collection. At one point he worked for a famous auction house, so they took the collection and auctioned it off for me. It was crazy what some of the coins sold for. I still don’t understand why someone would pay thousands and thousands of dollars for a single nickel, but they will if it is the right nickel. I always thought my father was a little crazy with his coins, but it turned out to be a pretty amazing investment.
I'm in process of looking at the coins but I'm pretty sure he didn't have anything too valuable. He did have some rarer stuff but it was stolen years ago. He had an obsession with wheat pennies so I know there's some of those, but not worth much. There are some sets though so I'm spending my weekend doing research. My uncle passed over 10 years ago but his girlfriend just had things stowed in a bedroom and gave me a bunch of stuff yesterday.

Hi all,
I just made a post on Dischurners about handling upcoming AFs after my MDD last year. I'd appreciate any thoughts on how people are handling this now, with change in the air at Chase. I will (hopefully) have a big UR redemption in the next year since the trip we planned was cancelled--so I'd like to have a CSR for that possible redemption, but I'm wondering if there's a different angle now?

If you're going to need the csr within the next 12 months then the beat option at the moment is to keep it.

Yes, if you have a freedom you could pc it up but we don't know 100% that it'll still be do able. DoC has some posts with the known info and the comments have questions like this. Honestly I'd read that as it's pretty much what we know so far and you'll know it's accurate.

If your af doesn't hit for awhile then you can wait and see and let others do it. While you can't pc the card until you've had it a year, some will say to pc it down now and then pc something else back up, like keep thr csp and then pc it back up when you need it. You also don't want to be pcing cards back and forth all the time either. But as everyone seems to think this new flex is going to cause them to refresh the saphires I'd wait as long as possible.

You aren't the only one asking these questions, they're in the comments on those blog posts.

The redemption rate of the CIP is the same as on the CSP, correct? (1.25 each)?

Just trying to decide where to park my URs. Previously I was condensing them all on the latest CIP but I just want to make sure I am not missing anything important.

Does anyone have a rocker recliner that’s quiet? We went to a lazy boy store today and all of their rockers make a really loud sound when reclining and putting the foot rest back down. I’m looking for something to feed/hold the baby in.

Does anyone have a rocker recliner that’s quiet? We went to a lazy boy store today and all of their rockers make a really loud sound when reclining and putting the foot rest back down. I’m looking for something to feed/hold the baby in.
I haven't found one yet, for baby we got a glider with gliding ottoman from the local furniture store for $150.

I haven't found one yet, for baby we got a glider with gliding ottoman from the local furniture store for $150.
We currently have a glider/rocker with no foot rest but I need the back part of the chair to recline. Our little guy pretty much has to be held for all of his naps so I sit there all day

Man I’ve been so out of the loop when it comes to wdw. We still have a free night at a moderate from earlier this year so I thought maybe in October/November when ds is a little older we could go stay and just use the splash pad and relax. I had no idea the port orleans resorts have no reopening dates. That’s such a bummer. We absolutely love pofq. That means our only options are cbr or csr. I don’t love the rooms at cbr. They feel outdated to me but the splash pad looks awesome. We stayed at CSR a long time ago and it was alright. We could always pay oop for a deluxe or villa but the free night would be nice to use

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter