I love credit cards so much! v3.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone have a rocker recliner that’s quiet? We went to a lazy boy store today and all of their rockers make a really loud sound when reclining and putting the foot rest back down. I’m looking for something to feed/hold the baby in.

We got a La-z-boy rocker/recliner from Costco a couple of months ago that is very quiet. The recline function is powered so it has to plug in, though.

And of course Costco is so hit-and-miss with availability that you never know if you can find it! But if you're a member it's worth looking.

We got a La-z-boy rocker/recliner from Costco a couple of months ago that is very quiet. The recline function is powered so it has to plug in, though.

And of course Costco is so hit-and-miss with availability that you never know if you can find it! But if you're a member it's worth looking.
We’re not members but it’s good to know the powered one is quiet. Do you mind telling me how much you paid? La-z-boy is having a sale right now but I want to make sure I’m not overpaying. Also what model did you get?

Just applied for P2 to get the Citi Premier card with instant approval. After that card is complete, I will get the same one and we will use the ThankYou Points to pay for Disney World Park Tickets. Also applied for the Citi Costco Anywhere Biz card for P1 with instant approval.

My best friend and I are planning a Route 66 road trip, driving west and flying back East. I am considering getting the Citi Premier since it would be 3X on airfare, hotels, gas, and restaurants, which seams perfect for a one way road trip. Who has Citi Premier and how do you like it? I’m interested in the pros and cons.

So I just realized I can apply for a personal card- thought I had to wait till next year. Just hoping someone can chime in and tell me if I’m thinking correctly because I don’t want to mess anything up.
I’m at 4/24 now. Was planning to do a MDD of Southwest personal cards in March next year if that’s still a possibility. We really use the CP because we fly southwest A LOT. I can’t earn the bonus again until then because I last earned it in Feb 2019. So I was saving that last slot for then. But I just realized that by then my last person SW card will fall off (approved 1/19) so I’ll actually be 3/24 at that point. So I’m thinking I could get a new personal card now taking me to 5/24 but by the time I apply next March I’ll be back to 4/24 for the MDD. Am I thinking right with that timing? If so, I’m thinking I should apply for something ASAP so that when I go for the MDD in March there will be a nice 6 month gap since my last new account. Thoughts appreciated!!

So I just realized I can apply for a personal card- thought I had to wait till next year. Just hoping someone can chime in and tell me if I’m thinking correctly because I don’t want to mess anything up.
I’m at 4/24 now. Was planning to do a MDD of Southwest personal cards in March next year if that’s still a possibility. We really use the CP because we fly southwest A LOT. I can’t earn the bonus again until then because I last earned it in Feb 2019. So I was saving that last slot for then. But I just realized that by then my last person SW card will fall off (approved 1/19) so I’ll actually be 3/24 at that point. So I’m thinking I could get a new personal card now taking me to 5/24 but by the time I apply next March I’ll be back to 4/24 for the MDD. Am I thinking right with that timing? If so, I’m thinking I should apply for something ASAP so that when I go for the MDD in March there will be a nice 6 month gap since my last new account. Thoughts appreciated!!
I agree with your thoughts, especially the ASAP part since that will put 6 months in between now and your MDD.

My best friend and I are planning a Route 66 road trip, driving west and flying back East. I am considering getting the Citi Premier since it would be 3X on airfare, hotels, gas, and restaurants, which seams perfect for a one way road trip. Who has Citi Premier and how do you like it? I’m interested in the pros and cons.

I have had this in my wallet for the last 5 years, and have been very happy. The recent addition of 3X restaurants and grocery was set to make this one of my top everyday use cards - however, the recent changes to the chase freedom family has muddied the waters. That said, for a $95 annual fee, this card easily bests the CSP for earnings.

If you have any use for Citi Thank You points, this card is worth it for the SUB alone. I typically transfer TYP to JetBlue or Virgin Atlantic and I combine this card with the Citi Rewards+ card which offers 10% back on Thank You point redemptions so I effectively earn 3.3x points on the categories listed. The major drawback to the Citicard family is that they have removed many of the travel insurance and purchase protection benefits, so you may have to bear that in mind.

Even so, I would not hesitate to recommend this card for SUB - after the first year, you will have to re-evaluate, and as it seems the credit card landscape is undergoing frequent changes right now, who knows what options will be available then.

So the date on 10x points on $1,500 in streaming services expenses for the CSR have been extended until 9/30.

Friendly reminder that loading credit to your Apple ID/iTunes account counts as a streaming service purchase.

Now that you can use your iTunes/App Store credits to purchase Apple products in the store, and given that new Apple products are being announced in the next couple of months, it may be worth loading up on this to effectively earn 10 UR/$1 on Apple purchases.

Can anyone give me a quick primer on Citi TYP? I keep getting an offer on my DoubleCash to exchange my cashback into TYP but have no idea if it's worth it. The DC is the only Citi card I have and I don't plan on adding any in the near future after my previous issues with Citi. How do the TYP stack up to UR or MR in actual use?

TIA

I know there are quite a few people here who sell on EBay. I have some items from a late relative that I'd like to sell. Mostly little things he collected like pocket knives and coins. I have no idea about how to go about it. I know there are fees and shipping, etc but was wondering if anyone could give me a brief primer or suggestions & tips. Feel free to PM me if you prefer. Thanks
I have been sellIng on eBay on and off for 25 years(they sent me a crazy happy anniversary email)
Since March I have been concentrating on things my Mom gave me in boxes over the years, which I just put in the basement. She passed away last year so more boxes of stuff went down there...it was the house we grew up in so 60+ years of stuff she saved from her parents, grandparents etc that my kids have absolutely no interest in.
As I was sorting things to sell or donate, looking up completed sales it was amazing what people collect and was :crazy2: Over stuff we donated vs kept cleaning out her house...who knew old used towels, handkerchiefs, Tupperware, etc sold
In no particular order ...
I’m pretty sure eBay is giving everyone 200 free listings a month right now...at least that’s what I and my sister have
look at sold listings to see what people are willing to pay....if I can’t get a good idea I list as an auction with the starting price a few dollars lower than what I think it’s worth...
For shipping I use a scale so it ships based on its weight and where the buyer is located..I’m in NY so shipping to CA is a lot more expensive that the east coast. I also print my labels off eBay so the tracking number uploads immediately If the item is over $50 I only ship priority so it’s insured...cheaper stuff and under 1lb I ship first class.

haven’t sold the coins from them yet, so no help with those

For shipping I use a scale so it ships based on its weight and where the buyer is located..I’m in NY so shipping to CA is a lot more expensive that the east coast. I also print my labels off eBay so the tracking number uploads immediately If the item is over $50 I only ship priority so it’s insured...cheaper stuff and under 1lb I ship first class.
Thanks for the info!
I do have a small scale so that won't be an issue. Do you include shipping or add shipping with purchases based on location? When you say you print labels from EBay, do you put in the location and weight and it calculates and charges appropriately?

We’re not members but it’s good to know the powered one is quiet. Do you mind telling me how much you paid? La-z-boy is having a sale right now but I want to make sure I’m not overpaying. Also what model did you get?

Just checked our statement and it was a little under $450 out the door, so it must have been ~$399. We ran to a La-Z-Boy store down the road and couldn't find the same model, but everything similar was hundreds more.

Unfortunately, it looks like we got it on May 29--which is an eternity in Costco time, in terms of being in stock still :(

Thanks for the info!
I do have a small scale so that won't be an issue. Do you include shipping or add shipping with purchases based on location? When you say you print labels from EBay, do you put in the location and weight and it calculates and charges appropriately?
I don’t include shipping in the price....when you list an item there is a section towards the bottom...where you can select shipping charges based on the items weight, size of the box and shipping location....then eBay does the calculation..in my experience it has been accurate and if you print the label with eBay there is a discount as well

I don’t include shipping in the price....when you list an item there is a section towards the bottom...where you can select shipping charges based on the items weight, size of the box and shipping location....then eBay does the calculation..in my experience it has been accurate and if you print the label with eBay there is a discount as well
Thanks. I'm reading the EBay website and seems there is so much to know. I'm sure for those of you doing it, it seems easy but at this point it seems complicated. Lol.

Thanks. I'm reading the EBay website and seems there is so much to know. I'm sure for those of you doing it, it seems easy but at this point it seems complicated. Lol.
It definitely was overwhelming at first...what I do now is instead of starting a whole new listing for items...I pick something that sold or is listed and select...sell similar...then I just change the item description, pictures, price etc...if you are listing coins it makes it easier instead of starting from scratch...especially if the weight etc is the same...just make sure to proofread before listing to make sure all info is for the new item

Just checked our statement and it was a little under $450 out the door, so it must have been ~$399. We ran to a La-Z-Boy store down the road and couldn't find the same model, but everything similar was hundreds more.

Unfortunately, it looks like we got it on May 29--which is an eternity in Costco time, in terms of being in stock still :(
We actually just went to big lots and got a recliner. It was only $299 and we got to try it in the store. It was super quiet. Luckily Dh’s parents are here so they watched ds while we went

I have sold stuff off and on over the years. I got burned a few times in the beginning when I didn't understand the final value fees, paypal fees, and postage. It actually cost me money! Lesson learned. There are calculators online that you can use to estimate how much to charge for an item to earn a profit. I either set the minimum auction starting price at the lowest price that will earn me something or sell at a fixed price. I always weigh items with the shipping materials before listing to figure that out correctly. Sometimes I'll charge a fixed shipping cost instead of basing it on location. A trick my local postmaster taught me to figure out the most it would likely cost to ship something in the US from where I am on the east coast was the enter 90210 as the zip using the usps shipping estimator online. If you can figure out the zip code that would result in the highest amount of shipping from where you're located, then you won't undercharge for shipping. I pay and print shipping directly from ebay. There is often a discount for doing so. I also choose not to have the shipping price displayed on the label. Sometimes when I charge a fixed price for shipping I'll earn a few cents which helps cover packing materials.

Is there a way for me to use multiple Marriott free night certificates at the same hotel for the same night? Would I use my name on all to reserve or use the name of the person occupying the room?

I have three certs that expire in December, and I don’t see me traveling before then. They’ve already extended the expiration date on them, so I can’t really bank on that happening again. My daughter is getting married in three weeks, and I’d like to get rooms for her siblings and me, because, you know, party time!

Sad side note: wedding was originally supposed to be bigger at a different location. Obviously, that couldn’t happen. They signed an addendum to change the date, but changed their minds and went with alternate plans. The venue is refusing to give any of their money back, and they’ve checked with their lawyer. They are going to lose over 10 grand.😡 the alternative is to just pay the remainder of the fee and have a huge party next year, but they probably won’t do that. I feel so bad for them! Moral of the story: don’t sign anything, even if you “think” it’s not binding, without checking with a lawyer first. The venue presented it as doing them a favor. The good news is they already own a home, still have funds in the bank, and she’s aggressively paying off her student loans. ( He didn’t have loans.) Still stinks for them. I told them that if this the worst thing that ever happens to them financially, they’re golden.

The lawyer said if they hadn’t signed the addendum, they could have gotten all but their first deposit back. 😟

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter