I love credit cards so much! v3.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
3 - I know about the AmEx RAT, but I've haven't paid enough attention to the details since I don't have one of their cards. If I get a gift card along with regular groceries each time, does that trigger the claw back, or is it mainly buying 100s of dollars of gift cards?

Don’t even think about abusing the 10x bonus on groceries, or we’ll claw them back or just not award them to you.

Has anyone ever heard of penfed? I got an offer in the mail saying I was preapproved for their card. Spend is $1,500 with $100 back but you have to become a member with them. I’ve never even heard of them but we’re kind of desperate for an MSR lol
PenFed is great credit union. I became a member with them earlier this year, they are supposed to be fantastic with auto loans and interest checking. I'm slowly working my way into things with them, I have an auto loan I'll be trying to refi with them next year.

I purchased mine at a Speedway on the way home from WDW.

I see some Speedway stores over in Virginia. Next time I'm over that way I'll have to check it out. I've got $965 earmarked for cards through Chase and Amex 10% offers. That will pay ahead for a bit, giving me time to collect more cards. In December of last year I had almost enough to pay the whole bill. 2020 strikes again.

I have Delta miles but my 15yo wants to ring in her 18th in Ireland on her bday (St. Patrick's day). So I do need to start planning for that (2023). But I'm SURE there will be more 100k offers before then, LOL.

Not necessarily. There is a reason I dubbed any 100k Amex Platinum offer a Platicorn.

My advice has always been to plan trips two years out at a minimum. One year to get the points and miles in place. Then, book flights (especially first and biz) when the booking window opens. For most airlines that is 330+ days out.

PenFed is great credit union. I became a member with them earlier this year, they are supposed to be fantastic with auto loans and interest checking. I'm slowly working my way into things with them, I have an auto loan I'll be trying to refi with them next year.
What does it take to become a member? It mentions opening a $5 savings account.

What does it take to become a member? It mentions opening a $5 savings account.
That's it. They removed all of the membership requirements a couple years ago. The applications still asks how you qualify, just click the none of the above but I still want to be a member. I have it set up to pull once a month from my local CU into the Penfed savings. I will probably change soon and close my Chase Disney Checking and get the Penfed as my secondary checking account.

Not sure why I never tried to follow this thread given the years I've been on DisBoards....so consider me a newbie when it comes to maximizing credit card rewards. And forgive me as I'm trying to learn/understand the abbreviations from the first page..

Little about me/us:

no new credit cards in past 24 months. Currently have:

Chase Disney
Chase United Explorer
Chase Ultimate Rewards
Amex Gold
Capital One Venture

The most active card it the Chase United - pay monthly school tuition (30K year for both kids). But pay that off monthly

Usually fly from Newark on United/JetBlue

Travel multiple times per year as a family (2 teens) - usually one big trip (Europe, Hawaii, cruises etc) and multiple smaller trips

We have been talking about getting additional cards to get the most travel benefits. So my questions to you pros, what are your top recommendations?

I feel like a little kid at Christmas - so excited to get this going!

Not sure why I never tried to follow this thread given the years I've been on DisBoards....so consider me a newbie when it comes to maximizing credit card rewards. And forgive me as I'm trying to learn/understand the abbreviations from the first page..

Little about me/us:

no new credit cards in past 24 months. Currently have:

Chase Disney
Chase United Explorer
Chase Ultimate Rewards
Amex Gold
Capital One Venture

The most active card it the Chase United - pay monthly school tuition (30K year for both kids). But pay that off monthly

Usually fly from Newark on United/JetBlue

Travel multiple times per year as a family (2 teens) - usually one big trip (Europe, Hawaii, cruises etc) and multiple smaller trips

We have been talking about getting additional cards to get the most travel benefits. So my questions to you pros, what are your top recommendations?

I feel like a little kid at Christmas - so excited to get this going!
Which specific Chase UR card, do you have? Freedom (CF)? Freedom Unlimited (CFU)? Sapphire Preferred (CSP)? Or Sapphire Reserve (CSR)?

Has anyone been able to get their Chase offers to show back up on their page if they disappeared at some point? Mine disappeared but I was able to access them (and they existed!) through an old email link. Now, that link seems to be dead. It's a CSR.

When did you get your CSP? Asking because you can only get the bonus every 4 years so for this one that date is important. It would be the date you received the bonus not the date the account was opened.
When did you get your CSP? Asking because you can only get the bonus every 4 years so for this one that date is important. It would be the date you received the bonus not the date the account was opened.

Back in 2014 I opened the card and received the 40000 new customer bonus in November 2014

Back in 2014 I opened the card and received the 40000 new customer bonus in November 2014
You could product change (PC) that card to a Chase Freedom and apply for a new CSP a few days later. Worth noting, on our DISchurners reddit group, there are links for an 80k UR offer on the CSP right now.

Also, if you have a spouse who does not currently hold their own CSP they could apply immediately. An AU (authorized user) card does not count in case that question comes up.

Is it possible... and stick with me here... that you accidentally cross dressed this morning and joined a single father with 5 children for breakfast??

AfraidPlayfulAfricanbushviper-small.gif

Now we know how to find you on your next trip to Captiva since you are pretty well versed in this type of endeavor 🤪

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter