I love credit cards so much! v3.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey all-

I'll start with a BF share...if you are a Hulu person, or just want cheap streaming they are doing their $1.99/mo offer again. They do every BF. I just cancel my current plan and then use a different email to sign up, LOL. They let you use an old account/email after a year. So you really only need 2 emails to pull this off, LOL.

On the money/scam front, my sister's college ex-bf is a lawyer in ATL. He's looking into all of this. Today I finally decided to contact the "friend". I now have in text him saying he's not a fraud and he'll repay me $5k on Monday. I know he won't....but I'm hopeful that these texts are now the icing on the cake for me to actually get my money back from him at some point.

And to bring this back on topic...that $5k puts me below the $25k most banks require for the $$$$ bonuses! So I'd like my money back, LOL.

DS21 getting started in this fun hobby. He got the CFF. I’ve never had any freedom cards so want to make sure I don’t steer him wrong. If he buys VGC at a grocery store will he earn 5%? Is there any
reason that it would exclude that? Our Giant Eagle has $10 off when purchasing $150 in visa gift cards right now. He wants to use it for a purchase on Amazon.

Can you give me the magic words?!? Just tried. I said I saw the AF just post and am reviewing my cards. Got the you can use your card on other expenses, not just travel. No offer :oops:

I ask if there are any retention offers on my account. If you got a retention offer last year, they won't offer another. Or sometimes there just isn't an offer. Saw that people were getting 10k HH on the Aspire, but my DH got nothing.

UGH....I'm trying to decide if I want to get a cheap fake peloton spin bike and use my CSR credits. My sister has the real Peloton and loves it, but she's also kinda a fitness freak. I'd like to lose some of the 20 lbs I gained this year (thank you Rona and happy relationship). I'm not really a workout person. I used to use the elliptical at the gym but never saw any weight loss. I used to love yoga at the gym too, just not the same at home. I can honestly say, working out has NEVER helped me to lose weight. It's always been portion control. I went from 220->155 by just eating less. I got down to 143 last year when my ex dumped me. I kept it off until March of this year and it slowly crept back on. I've gotten as high as 163, I was 161 yesterday. I honestly DON'T feel like I'm eating anymore right now than I was. But I know the BF and I did spend lots of quarantine drinking, LOL.

I'm looking at various bikes on Amazon. I just can't decide. I guess looking at FB marketplace, I can likely make back most of the money if I decide I hate it and want to sell it. I mean Jan likely would be a great time to sell it. Anyone have a cheaper knock off?

DS21 getting started in this fun hobby. He got the CFF. I’ve never had any freedom cards so want to make sure I don’t steer him wrong. If he buys VGC at a grocery store will he earn 5%? Is there any
reason that it would exclude that? Our Giant Eagle has $10 off when purchasing $150 in visa gift cards right now. He wants to use it for a purchase on Amazon.
Should work just fine!

Am I missing something? Is there an easier way to get to the Chase travel portal?

What I’ve been doing is going to my credit card account on the Chase app, clicking on my UR balance, picking one of my cards, clicking on the 3 lines in tne upper left hand corner, and selecting Travel from the drop down menu.

Is there a better/easier way?

Am I missing something? Is there an easier way to get to the Chase travel portal?

What I’ve been doing is going to my credit card account on the Chase app, clicking on my UR balance, picking one of my cards, clicking on the 3 lines in tne upper left hand corner, and selecting Travel from the drop down menu.

Is there a better/easier way?

u can go direct... https://ultimaterewardspoints.chase.com/ login in, and it will place u at where u pick your card.

UGH....I'm trying to decide if I want to get a cheap fake peloton spin bike and use my CSR credits. My sister has the real Peloton and loves it, but she's also kinda a fitness freak. I'd like to lose some of the 20 lbs I gained this year (thank you Rona and happy relationship). I'm not really a workout person. I used to use the elliptical at the gym but never saw any weight loss. I used to love yoga at the gym too, just not the same at home. I can honestly say, working out has NEVER helped me to lose weight. It's always been portion control. I went from 220->155 by just eating less. I got down to 143 last year when my ex dumped me. I kept it off until March of this year and it slowly crept back on. I've gotten as high as 163, I was 161 yesterday. I honestly DON'T feel like I'm eating anymore right now than I was. But I know the BF and I did spend lots of quarantine drinking, LOL.

I'm looking at various bikes on Amazon. I just can't decide. I guess looking at FB marketplace, I can likely make back most of the money if I decide I hate it and want to sell it. I mean Jan likely would be a great time to sell it. Anyone have a cheaper knock off?
I bought a cheap treadmill to use with Peloton and was happy with that option. The main difference with their equipment and using the app alone is that you don't have the metrics and leaderboard. I don't mind that for running and I bought my treadmill and a TV to use for much less than their equipment. I did buy their bike after using the app for 6 months, but I don't think it is a must. I think I would have been happy with another brand, too. There are tons of comparisons out there on blogs/YouTube/etc if you want to figure out which bike has the features that you might want.

I've never been very good at maximizing the 5% CF categories, so that's something I'm trying to do better with. I have been paying for a lot of things through paypal and Walmart with my CF to max it out this quarter. My tracker isn't moving though. Is that only updated when your statement comes out or something?

View attachment 540599

I know things are tracking because my extra points are showing when I look at the detail.
View attachment 540600

I can go through and add everything up, but then I don't know what the point of the tracker is. Hopefully I just don't have something set up right.

Thanks!
I have 2 Freedoms and the tracker did not move on one of them until my statement posted. Someone on reddit suggested that paypal was the cause, but my other account has some paypal transactions and that tracker is updating normally.

Bought 3 $100 Apple GCs with 3 $20 Target GCs. Used them to purchase $399 iPhone SE this morning from Apple. Apple gave me a $50 GC for my purchase. (I only used $300 in Apple GCs because I wasn't sure if the $50 off deal from Apple would work if I paid 100% in GCs). Effective price $399-60-50= 289 and I'm done Christmas shopping.
I did the exact same thing for an iPad mini and Smart Cover. I also traded in an old iPad for $200. 300+200-463=37+50=87. That $87 is going towards a HomePod mini. The $60 to Target is going towards diapers and formula. 🤣

I have 2 Freedoms and the tracker did not move on one of them until my statement posted. Someone on reddit suggested that paypal was the cause, but my other account has some paypal transactions and that tracker is updating normally.
I've never had the tracker change until after the statement posted. I've had the OG Freedom for over a year. Its always been like that. Now I got OG Freedom and FF, I'm trying to max out both 5% categories. Double the fun! All my cash back is feeding my DVC habit haha

I ordered 10 - in 10 separate orders, one right after the other. I received 4 of the Apple gift cards after about 3 hours, and I received the 4 Target gift cards about an hour. The remaining 6 orders trickled in over the next 24-36 hours.
This seems like a good deal. Not sure when I am going to get a new phone but probably within the next year.

So I did a thing this week that will probably shock everyone here... I spent ALL my Membership Rewards points and ordered a Tempo Fit for DH and I for Christmas. We have a club level treadmill, elliptical and the Tempo will round us out for weightlifting. Each year for the past three we have invested in one high quality piece of equipment for our home gym. The Tempo is $2k and I was going to buy it regardless and I just decided, screw it, I'll use points and got it for free.

If you can use points for a piece of equipment that will make you happy, go for it. Also, you might consider The Mirror. Those are $500 off for Black Friday right now, so $995. People love those. I cannot do bikes because I have a messed up back. The leaning kills me.

Bought 3 $100 Apple GCs with 3 $20 Target GCs. Used them to purchase $399 iPhone SE this morning from Apple. Apple gave me a $50 GC for my purchase. (I only used $300 in Apple GCs because I wasn't sure if the $50 off deal from Apple would work if I paid 100% in GCs). Effective price $399-60-50= 289 and I'm done Christmas shopping.
I did the exact same thing for an iPad mini and Smart Cover. I also traded in an old iPad for $200. 300+200-463=37+50=87. That $87 is going towards a HomePod mini. The $60 to Target is going towards diapers and formula. 🤣
Thanks for posting this saving tip! I need a new iPad mini so I bought the gift cards on Target. I am waiting for them to be delivered and so I can make my purchase. I will get the $50 Apple GC and also $30 for an ancient mini I was still using. $399-60-50-30=$259 for the iPad mini.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter