I love credit cards so much! v4.0 - 2021 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank goodness DS got his license today. Poor kid has to work Friday night and 10 hour days Saturday through Monday at King's Dominion (about a 30 minute drive so not super convenient for me to drop off and pick up at). This is going to be an interesting summer. And Central VA friends--stay off the roads! Meanwhile DD is enjoying her 15 hours a week at CFA (but his paychecks will be about three or four times hers:)

Please don’t EVER do that!

Everyone- when you have fraud issues or any other issues call the number on the back of your card. That way you know you aren’t calling a fraudster.
Exactly. But they wouldn't connect me with anyone in fraud department. And gave me the run around. Today I called, no issue (except why did it set off multiple fraud alerts when I tried to order dinner).

Is March a good time to go to Scotland? Thinking about for DS’s Spring Break.
We were there in April, early to mid, and holy moly we had one nasty nasty nasty day, so cold and wet and windy. But our 2nd days was very nice, sunny and decent temps.

Is March a good time to go to Scotland? Thinking about for DS’s Spring Break.

It really depends on what you can tolerate. I’m in Scotland now, and it as been rainy for most of the week, but I still love it. I was here in Feb when Edinburgh got a ton of snow, and it was fantastic. You shouldn’t come to Scotland any time of year if you will be disappointed with rainy weather. But best chance for nicer weather is probably August/September. I was here last September, and we had some glorious days with very little rain.

Well, I did it. Closed my Marriott Bonvoy personal right before the annual fee posts.

This card was decent for a while. I got an extra 50K points when they decided to up the fee and change my payment cycle from Dec to June. During that they also did some kind of fee refund.

Transferred my available credit to a UR card for future use as I trimmed down my cards some time back from those big numbers they give when you are new.

At present, I can reapply if I want this card back. Not doing so right now, but maybe if I need more points sometime.

I need help!
DH’s CSR travel credit will reset 6/3 (statement closes 6/2)... I’m going to use the credit to buy a gift card at the grocery store on 6/3... how long does it usually take for the credit to post? How long do I need to wait to downgrade? And is it 4 business days or calendar days after the PC to apply?

I need help!
DH’s CSR travel credit will reset 6/3 (statement closes 6/2)... I’m going to use the credit to buy a gift card at the grocery store on 6/3... how long does it usually take for the credit to post? How long do I need to wait to downgrade? And is it 4 business days or calendar days after the PC to apply?

The GE credit I just did took 24-48 hours to post, so I would think the travel credit would be just as fast. And the ticker had already updated the new GE date when the charge was still pending.

When I PCed, I think the 4 days happened to be business days, so can’t say for sure, but the system had definitely cleared by then.

Part 1 was just so random to me. Odd stories that didn’t seem to go together at all. I thought I knew the story was about a murder but you have to get halfway through the book before that even happens and those characters weren't even mentioned that much in the first half. I’m not sure if the second half somehow ties things together or not. My library loan expired today so I did not finish. I really tried to get through it but it was very boring to me, I kept falling asleep. I had 14 uninterrupted hours in the car last week and I still couldn’t finish. Does the book go into all 4 trials? Reading the actual back story seems like the book should be interesting. I put another hold on the book. I may try again in a few weeks. Almost all the negative reviews gave up on the book so I keep thinking I just need to finish it.

The book does cover the murder and the trials and the outcome at the very end. I didn't mind the extra stories and the time spent, but it was easy since I was listening while I walked.

Except that's not the fraud number and I can't get transferred. Citi just makes it difficult.

I can attest to that. Have had fraud on Amex, Chase and Citi, and it's Citi that made everything ridiculously difficult, even though they were the ones who flagged it (albeit much later than either Chase or Amex did).

Bakers Cay Resort, Key Largo. Junior suite Hammock room. (Hilton Curio) Has anyone stayed in this room? It is 60k hhp per night, 5th free. Dh and I stayed in std qn room in Feb 21 and loved resort. Would like to take dd and dgd + friend for spring break 2022. (All female trip) From what I understand, they somehow take a regular size room, around 360sf, and split it into two parts? Room A is king bed, t.v. and balcony. There is a door that seperates this from second room, which is double sleeper couch w it's own t.v, and one shared bathroom. The door is key for 2 adults w 2 teen girls. Is it truly a seperation? I know it sounds small but honestly it's still bigger than some cruise ship family suites that people crowd into. The location is one of only a handful of rooms that dont face the water. It faces Ben's Garden and pool area, which I'm totally fine with. These rooms will cost over 1k a night during spring break. I am holding one with hhp. Wish I could have viewed one in feb but I'm ok with location in the Hammock wing. Thoughts or experinces or pics of crammimg 4 people in one of these?
I am here now and there is a door between the two areas

I'd probably do the upgrade offer. 25k is a bit low, but I value MRs at 1.25 cpp, so that's $312. With the credits, I'd come out ahead after the AF even if I don't value them at face value.
Took the upgrade offer. Fully justify upgrade with fuzzy math by cashing out enough MR (1 cpp offer) to cover the annual fee for this and P2 bus. Plat card. We will still have 450k MR after this. Not the most fancy use of MR but I'm happy with it. We are swimming in vouchers, FNC and other points thanks to canceled pandemic plans .

Took the upgrade offer. Fully justify upgrade with fuzzy math by cashing out enough MR (1 cpp offer) to cover the annual fee for this and P2 bus. Plat card. We will still have 450k MR after this. Not the most fancy use of MR but I'm happy with it. We are swimming in vouchers, FNC and other points thanks to canceled pandemic plans .

No interest in a Schwab to cashout at 1.25 cpp? If you're cashing out $550+$595, you'd get $286 more. That's halfway to the Schwab AF, not to mention the 60k SUB. Or maybe it doesn't fit your 5/24 plans?

No interest in a Schwab to cashout at 1.25 cpp? If you're cashing out $550+$595, you'd get $286 more. That's halfway to the Schwab AF, not to mention the 60k SUB. Or maybe it doesn't fit your 5/24
I thought about the schwab but it didn't fit 5/24 and other plans right now. I am normally a maximize every point person but went for pure simplicity today. I (p1) just opened a bus gold for 100kmr for 10k spend and P2 opened bus Plat (150k MR for 15k spend).
I'm afraid of drawing RAT interest by opening too many cards 😅

I received an email from Amex to add an AU cardmember and I would get 20kMR when they spent $2k in 6 months on the new card. I have a plat. The terms aren't clear if I have to add a plat AU at $175 or if I can add a gold AU for $0. It just says:

1. Additional Card Member Incentivized Email Offer Terms

Add one or more new Additional Card Members to your account through this email and you can earn 20,000 Membership Rewards ® points after each Additional Card Member spends $2000 or more in eligible purchases on their Card within their first 6 months of Card Membership starting from the date on which the Additional Card Member is added. The maximum you can earn as part of this offer is 20,000 Membership Rewards®

And when I click through it takes me to a page where I can add a Plat or a Gold. I don't want to waste the $2k in spend if I'm not going to get the points - anyone have experience?

I received an email from Amex to add an AU cardmember and I would get 20kMR when they spent $2k in 6 months on the new card. I have a plat. The terms aren't clear if I have to add a plat AU at $175 or if I can add a gold AU for $0. It just says:

1. Additional Card Member Incentivized Email Offer Terms

Add one or more new Additional Card Members to your account through this email and you can earn 20,000 Membership Rewards ® points after each Additional Card Member spends $2000 or more in eligible purchases on their Card within their first 6 months of Card Membership starting from the date on which the Additional Card Member is added. The maximum you can earn as part of this offer is 20,000 Membership Rewards®

And when I click through it takes me to a page where I can add a Plat or a Gold. I don't want to waste the $2k in spend if I'm not going to get the points - anyone have experience?
You can add the gold and still get the points.

I have a BOA business checking offer for $500. Seems pretty easy just transfer $20k within 15 days and keep it there for 75 days. Is that it? Since I'm earning next to nothing on my money in Discover, might as well do this bonus. I haven't done any bank bonuses in awhile. I think it's time to jump on something.

Also to all the new MDD people, was the CSR AF $550 or $450?

And also if I'm currently 3/24, if I do the MDD, will that make me 5/24 or 4/24? Just looking ahead to the "long term" game plan and what cards I might be doing next. The BF has been looking at $3k computers. I'm sure he'd be happy to help me hit a spend and then pay me back. So a MDD might be possible......

Also to all the new MDD people, was the CSR AF $550 or $450?

And also if I'm currently 3/24, if I do the MDD, will that make me 5/24 or 4/24? Just looking ahead to the "long term" game plan and what cards I might be doing next. The BF has been looking at $3k computers. I'm sure he'd be happy to help me hit a spend and then pay me back. So a MDD might be possible......
Unfortunately the AF is $550.
And you would be at 5/24.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter