I love credit cards so much! v4.0 - 2021 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Our trips will overlap at GW for your stay :) If you see a woman with her notes out trying to figure out what card to use to make sure we use all of our credits, with a moody teenaged boy, a feisty 9 year old boy, and a husband with an IPA in his hand - that'll be me (I'll also probably have a mai tai in one or both hands).

Haha! I'll be on the lookout for you to say hi! We'll be the family that has no clue what we're doing because for some reason I am very unprepared for this trip! I think because of all of the uncertainty with travel/testing I just wasn't sure it would happen. That and my kiddos just aren't that excited for it. My DD8 kept asking if she has to go. I'm like really? Do you know how much planning I did to make it happen and how lucky we are to get to go?!? She's just really dreading the 8 hour flight. My DS10 is somewhat excited, so I just hope we have great time and if nothing else can enjoy GW! We usually go to WDW every summer and it's always go go go so I'm looking forward to a more relaxed trip.

I am thinking about booking the 2 hour kayak/snorkel tour that leaves from the GW beach. Did you consider that one? 2 hours seems about right for my crew. I booked a 3 hour dolphin watch and snorkel excursion on Oahu and my DH was like 3 hours?!? Good thing I didn't book a full day Road to Hana!

I haven't booked any dining ressies, but honestly my DD is a very picky eater, and we overall have pretty simple tastes so I think we'll just wing it. My DH is the only one of us who really eats fish/seafood, and he's pretty limited on what he likes too so I think a lot of the sought after places would be lost on us. I did check out Morimoto's menu for his restaurant on Oahu and I think we'll try to eat there.

Oh, one other thing I did reserve is a photo session on the beach at GW. The session is free but the pics are expensive! I've always wanted family pics on the beach so we're going to do it. If nothing else I can buy the single pic for $89 😁

Haha! I'll be on the lookout for you to say hi! We'll be the family that has no clue what we're doing because for some reason I am very unprepared for this trip! I think because of all of the uncertainty with travel/testing I just wasn't sure it would happen. That and my kiddos just aren't that excited for it. My DD8 kept asking if she has to go. I'm like really? Do you know how much planning I did to make it happen and how lucky we are to get to go?!? She's just really dreading the 8 hour flight. My DS10 is somewhat excited, so I just hope we have great time and if nothing else can enjoy GW! We usually go to WDW every summer and it's always go go go so I'm looking forward to a more relaxed trip.

I am thinking about booking the 2 hour kayak/snorkel tour that leaves from the GW beach. Did you consider that one? 2 hours seems about right for my crew. I booked a 3 hour dolphin watch and snorkel excursion on Oahu and my DH was like 3 hours?!? Good thing I didn't book a full day Road to Hana!

I haven't booked any dining ressies, but honestly my DD is a very picky eater, and we overall have pretty simple tastes so I think we'll just wing it. My DH is the only one of us who really eats fish/seafood, and he's pretty limited on what he likes too so I think a lot of the sought after places would be lost on us. I did check out Morimoto's menu for his restaurant on Oahu and I think we'll try to eat there.

Oh, one other thing I did reserve is a photo session on the beach at GW. The session is free but the pics are expensive! I've always wanted family pics on the beach so we're going to do it. If nothing else I can buy the single pic for $89 😁
Please please please let me encourage you to make dining reservations! Especially since you can always cancel them if you change your mind. Lines are INSANE both on Maui and Oahu, unless you’re cool with eating at 3:30 in the afternoon.

Hawaii review, continued. Flew to Oahu today and checked into Hilton Hawaiian Village - Lagoon Tower (the Hilton Grand Vacations tower). Super quick take - if you make only one room request, request a HIGH FLOOR. We are on the 3rd floor and it is insanely loud. (On the plus side, we can catch sight of the luau that I’m glad we saved our money and didn’t go to, since you can literally stand right there and watch for free). Also, don’t come here if you don’t like being around lots and lots and lots of people, all. the. time.

More to come after we’ve been settled in for a bit!

UGH....I feel like I need some wine! My 16yo was flying on the BF's buddy pass back home tonight from DFW. She called me from the ticket counter because the agent asked her (she's 16) what happens to her checked bag if she doesn't get on :sad2: I told her to tell the agent, the pilot who gave her the pass will grab it, LOL. The flight was oversold w/ 4 on standby and she was the lowest. So we were freaking out she wouldn't get on. We also weren't thinking and didn't have her pack her carryon w/ items she'd need if stuck (contact solution, clothes, etc). Meanwhile the BF is in FLL coming home. He was supposed to land 20 min before her, so he was gonna grab her at the gate. So I have the fun of stressing over her getting on her flight. Well the BF texts me and tells me he's delayed. They were missing an FA, and now weather has them delayed. So my Friday night fun is spent on flight aware tracking both their flights, LOL. I told the BF to fly fast! LOL.

Hopefully they made it back... Storms here were pretty strong, 200k without power, 80MPH winds... Sirens were going off just for the winds alone.

This is at a small airport not far from me...

Then this one from Epply Airport downtown...

Please please please let me encourage you to make dining reservations! Especially since you can always cancel them if you change your mind. Lines are INSANE both on Maui and Oahu, unless you’re cool with eating at 3:30 in the afternoon.

Any recommendations for family friendly, moderately priced dining? I'm open to making reservations, but a lot of the places I'm finding online don't take them. Thank you!

Credit freeze advice. My friend applied for CSP but forgot she had frozen her credit. Should she just unfreeze and it will then go through or does she need to call?

When We stayed down the walkway a bit at Wailea Beach resort, we spent most of our time on the beach over to the right of that resort(the GW beach is to the left of that resort) we swam with turtles daily,right there at the shore. My (older) ds rented a snorkel set,and snorkeled out around the reef areas right off that beach daily. We didn't do any excursions to do those things,and he came back with tons of great pics of the animal life there. Just saying it seemed like just the beaches there provide so much in terms of exploring. It seemed like the GW beach was much busier, and I saw lots of people snorkeling on their own over there also. We were too lazy to do any actual excursions lol.

Hawaii review, continued. Flew to Oahu today and checked into Hilton Hawaiian Village - Lagoon Tower (the Hilton Grand Vacations tower). Super quick take - if you make only one room request, request a HIGH FLOOR. We are on the 3rd floor and it is insanely loud. (On the plus side, we can catch sight of the luau that I’m glad we saved our money and didn’t go to, since you can literally stand right there and watch for free). Also, don’t come here if you don’t like being around lots and lots and lots of people, all. the. time.

More to come after we’ve been settled in for a bit!
oh,that was another thing..the GW luau was right there on the big lawn,easily viewable without actually doing it. (no food of course lol) we also enjoyed watching that

Hopefully they made it back... Storms here were pretty strong, 200k without power, 80MPH winds... Sirens were going off just for the winds alone.

This is at a small airport not far from me...
View attachment 588176

Then this one from Epply Airport downtown...
View attachment 588177
Is that top one Millard? I'm down the road in Lincoln, I don't think we got hit as bad as you all did. Though I may have slept through the bad stuff, I don't know, lol.

Is that top one Millard? I'm down the road in Lincoln, I don't think we got hit as bad as you all did. Though I may have slept through the bad stuff, I don't know, lol.

Yeah first is Millard other is Epply. It came right over us pretty much. The white area around all the red of that was the winds up to 80MPH. Kinda went right between downtown Omaha and Lincoln.

Yeah first is Millard other is Epply. It came right over us pretty much. The white area around all the red of that was the winds up to 80MPH. Kinda went right between downtown Omaha and Lincoln.

View attachment 588199
Wow. That's pretty intense. Looking at the time, I was definitely sleeping. Not sure if our power went out. Just looked at my Ring from the time shown on the radar image, definitely had some winds and lightning, but didn't look to be as strong as 80.

Good Morning ALL,

So I could use some help understanding my bonus dates. I received the sub for the CSR during statement 6/4/17-7/3/14. Then received the sub on the Preferred during statement 7/21/21-8/20/17. Does this mean I could do a MDD after 8/21/21? I PC my CSR toward the end of June (2021) and had PC the preferred to a CFU back in 2019. thanks.......

Last edited:
Wow. That's pretty intense. Looking at the time, I was definitely sleeping. Not sure if our power went out. Just looked at my Ring from the time shown on the radar image, definitely had some winds and lightning, but didn't look to be as strong as 80.

Sounds like some will be without power for awhile... Lots are driving down to Lincoln for generators since every store around here was cleared out... From OPPD (Power Company):

“We do want to provide you some background on this morning’s storms. More than 180,000 customers have lost power from the hurricane-level winds that impacted our area. By comparison, about 75,000 customers lost their power in the Father's Day tornado in 2017. Today's numbers are more than double that amount.”

When We stayed down the walkway a bit at Wailea Beach resort, we spent most of our time on the beach over to the right of that resort(the GW beach is to the left of that resort) we swam with turtles daily,right there at the shore. My (older) ds rented a snorkel set,and snorkeled out around the reef areas right off that beach daily. We didn't do any excursions to do those things,and he came back with tons of great pics of the animal life there. Just saying it seemed like just the beaches there provide so much in terms of exploring. It seemed like the GW beach was much busier, and I saw lots of people snorkeling on their own over there also. We were too lazy to do any actual excursions lol.

Wow that's great info, thanks so much! we will definitely check that out!

Good Morning ALL,

So I could use some help understanding my bonus dates. I received the sub for the CSR during statement 6/4/17-7/3/14. Then received the sub on the Preferred during statement 7/21/21-8/20/17. Does this mean I could do a MDD after 8/21/21? I PC my CSR toward the end of June (2021) and had PC the preferred to a FU back in 2019. thanks.......
We call it a CFU around here just to not run into issues 😉 (ChaseFreedomUnlimited)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter