I love credit cards so much! v4.0 - 2021 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
@afan I saw where the Hyatt points calendars are. On each individual hotel site, if you try to book any date, it takes you to a rates page. Under the hotel address is the points calendar.

On the website then I'm guessing since it's on each hotel site? I was on the app doing a book stay since it's so easy. I'll take a look around it at some point and see if there's a way with the app. I need to decide if I want to plan AZ spring training before I know if MLB will have a season next year of if I want to see what baseball does. Thinking I'll do 2 nights at a hyatt and 2 at a hilton to use my fnc at each and then points.

On the website then I'm guessing since it's on each hotel site? I was on the app doing a book stay since it's so easy. I'll take a look around it at some point and see if there's a way with the app. I need to decide if I want to plan AZ spring training before I know if MLB will have a season next year of if I want to see what baseball does. Thinking I'll do 2 nights at a hyatt and 2 at a hilton to use my fnc at each and then points.

As far as I can tell, it's not on the app.

Doing a rate search from hyatt.com works too. I don't know why I thought I had to go to each individual hotel's page first lol.

An update on my PC journey -

I did the PC yesterday from CSP (OG CSR) to CF to prep for the in-branch 100K offer...but the rep processed it instead as the Freedom Unlimited. I wanted 5% back, not 1.5% back. 🙄 So I called today to switch it to the CF that I asked for. Guess what, that's not possible, instead Chase's back office has to reverse yesterday's request and turn it back to the CSP (takes 7-10 business days?) before they can make it a CF. NOT what I wanted.😓 So I called back again, to basically cancel what I requested this morning. Now I'm temporarily stuck with the 1.5% card, and I'm hoping the CSP disappears from my account so I can try for the 100K offer. I was afraid that my request to switch to the CF now would prolong the CSP showing up in my account since it is considered a reversion back to the previous card. The supervisor told me that you have 45 days to revert back to the previous card (backsies) as long as that product is still available. She also said it takes 3-4 days for the new card product to update in Chase's system. I wonder if that happens in batches, and that's why there's the varying DPs of how long it takes for the CSP to drop off your profile.🤔 So my plan is to try applying in-branch in 10 business days, I need to do my own legwork here. lol Incidentally, it seems like you can pretty much freely do PCs.

Another DP for you.

So interesting that the 1 PC a year talk on reddit turned out to be nothing.

I just booked through FHR on Saturday and the $200 credit has already posted (took a day or two). I also got an email about the $150 off immediately after booking the room.
I went and looked at the DP I gave you the other day about the offers stacking. Turns out we ended up canceling the FHR reservation, and the $150 Amex offer was clawed back...but not the $200 credit. I don't have any idea if that's a policy or a glitch but that's what happened for us.

How long does it take Hilton to realize the points for the booking you just cancelled are there to book with? They show in my account but if I try and book the new rate it only shows 36k. I've tried both the app and the website using my laptop. It even shows the 304k on the pay with points and $ page but only lets it go to 36k. Making me wish I hadn't cancelled for just 4k points difference.

ETA ok need to be a bit more patient with hilton than with hyatt. Hyatts are right there or can be done quickly on the phone with them. Hilton took about 10 min before they were usable though they showed up on the account almost right away. At least it's 1k back per night, better than nothing. Will keep checking and if I do it again I won't freak out so much, just wish I had enough points to book it and then cancel.

Last edited:
Does anyone know- if I PC my Freedom Flex back to a CSR, will it go back to the old CC # or will they issue me a new CC#? Not being able to move URs on my own is a real PITA.

Okay let's talk Marriott and Disney....I'll admit, I'm out of the Disney/MCO loop, so be kind, LOL. Back in the day, I was pretty good at all of this.

My kids have been asking for Disney for awhile, and I'm thinking maybe this Spring Break we'll go for it, since it's in Mar/Apr and not near easter. I'm sure it'll still be a cluster, but maybe not AS bad. For the dates of our SB, I see the Swan Reserve is an option, as is the Swan. Is the perk of these the transportation? I'm so out of the loop. There's no buses from the airport anymore, right? Are there still extra hours for "disney" hotels, and do these count? My kids LOVED Pop back in the day, but back then I used to score amazing deals to stay on property, plus the meal plan.

My kids are also at the age where we'd likely do Universal too. So I'm thinking a rental car makes sense anyways. But does AAA get free parking still at Disney?

If you knew you were doing Disney and Universal w/ a 17yo and almost 13yo, where would you stay Marriott properties?

Okay let's talk Marriott and Disney....I'll admit, I'm out of the Disney/MCO loop, so be kind, LOL. Back in the day, I was pretty good at all of this.

My kids have been asking for Disney for awhile, and I'm thinking maybe this Spring Break we'll go for it, since it's in Mar/Apr and not near easter. I'm sure it'll still be a cluster, but maybe not AS bad. For the dates of our SB, I see the Swan Reserve is an option, as is the Swan. Is the perk of these the transportation? I'm so out of the loop. There's no buses from the airport anymore, right? Are there still extra hours for "disney" hotels, and do these count? My kids LOVED Pop back in the day, but back then I used to score amazing deals to stay on property, plus the meal plan.

My kids are also at the age where we'd likely do Universal too. So I'm thinking a rental car makes sense anyways. But does AAA get free parking still at Disney?

If you knew you were doing Disney and Universal w/ a 17yo and almost 13yo, where would you stay Marriott properties?

my daughter stayed at the swan in August…they do have Disney buses to MK and AK….and the boats to Epcot and Studios

As of now Disney is letting in resort guest in the parks 30 minutes early and there are nights at MK and Epcot where deluxe resort guests can stay 2 hours longer …those hotels qualify

No free AAA parking anymore at the parks…it ended a while ago…but you get free parking at the parks if you stay at those hotels…
the hotels charge for parking though…not sure how much

I went and looked at the DP I gave you the other day about the offers stacking. Turns out we ended up canceling the FHR reservation, and the $150 Amex offer was clawed back...but not the $200 credit. I don't have any idea if that's a policy or a glitch but that's what happened for us.
When I cancelled one the $200 was clawed back in like a week.

For UOR I’d consider a night on-site deluxe for the Express Pass, practically no brainer if you have a FHR $200 credit to burn at Portofino.

Also familiarize yourself with ticket prices before committing to both parks with the kids to prevent a heart attack. That seems to be the breaking point where most people who haven’t been to the parks in a few years go into shock.

I see the Swan Reserve is an option, as is the Swan. Is the perk of these the transportation? I'm so out of the loop. There's no buses from the airport anymore, right? Are there still extra hours for "disney" hotels, and do these count?
Swan etc is almost like being on site. They get the extra hours, they use the Disney boats to Epcot/DHS. They DO NOT have Disney bussing technically anymore, stopped in 2020, they have their own mears contract. This means at AK they drop you off with other outside busses - not a big deal, about the same distance as regular Disney bus loop. For MK they take you to the transportation center and you can ferry, monorail, or walk around to the entrance, vs Disney bus loop is at the entrance and skips the transportation center. So that can be less convenient. Some people have walked to Boardwalk or Yacht Club and taken their buses.

Otherwise - can't use magicbands as room keys or to charge back to room, you can only charge the swolphin hotel stuff back to your room. Some people feel it's less Disney. There's a resort fee on all bookings including points - ~$35/night now with tax I believe. Swolphin thread is very helpful with questions.

We like Swolphin, just stayed a few nights last month.

my daughter stayed at the swan in August…they do have Disney buses to MK and AK….and the boats to Epcot and Studios
Just to clarify on bussing :)

Question - I just closed an old CIC yesterday (had the card more than 1 year) and I want my DH to refer me for a CIU. How long do I have to wait? I haven't applied for any cards for more than 30+ days so I'm good there. Just wanting to make sure I wait long enough to apply for the next one.

For UOR I’d consider a night on-site deluxe for the Express Pass, practically no brainer if you have a FHR $200 credit to burn at Portofino.

Also familiarize yourself with ticket prices before committing to both parks with the kids to prevent a heart attack. That seems to be the breaking point where most people who haven’t been to the parks in a few years go into shock.

No FHR credits. And I did look at ticket prices last year......It's one of the main reasons we haven't gone back, LOL. I still can't believe the deal we got one year, stay 3 nights, get 4 nights free (hotel, food, and park)......now that same amount is just tickets for 2 days! UGH.

I did mention to my mom, this would make a lovely xmas present for the kids, LOL.

Question - I just closed an old CIC yesterday (had the card more than 1 year) and I want my DH to refer me for a CIU. How long do I have to wait? I haven't applied for any cards for more than 30+ days so I'm good there. Just wanting to make sure I wait long enough to apply for the next one.
Today, right now. There is no need to wait. You can hold multiple inks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter