• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

I love credit cards so much! v4.0 - 2021 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
So now the question is, if I do all but $10 of my ATT bill w/ my IHG (which has the cell phone protection), am I still fully covered? I'm planning on doing 2 pays each month. Doing the $10 a few days before the bill, then the remaining balance.
I have the same question except.... my current phone bill runs 19.91 per month, I got the $15 credit...I'm going to check if I'm allowed two types of payment, I still want my coverage....

You said it! Really messy especially since I filled 3 feeders on the new contraption I got from Costco.
Bird Feeder Station with Baffle (costco.com)

Fortunately my mess doesn't seem to bother anybody - it's out of sight of neighbors - the pine tree blocks the view. But today the birds were pretty loud and there were dozens.

I probably put out about 12 cups of seeds and didn't fill them all the way. The squirrels can only get the seeds from the older container I hung on one of the top arms and they got tired and went away after awhile.

But, the mess will mulch itself into the yard by spring and I will move the feeder further out into my field for spring and summer.
That's one reason I can never live in an HOA neighborhood.... my birdfeeders are non negotiable.

I’m really happy to see the new Marriott Amex offer this morning! It will come in handy for incidentals at the Opryland Gaylord in March. I prefer this to the Chase Gaylord offer since I can use it with my Bonvoy biz card. So excited for our long weekend in Nashville. My DS (almost 20) is having his first COVID era concert that family can attend. Live music, yay!

I used P2’s BBP to pay an over $500 medical bill to get the $25 back. It shows up on the “savings” tab in the offers section but still hasn’t posted yet. The date was 1/23. My previous 2 uses of this offer posted much quicker. :badpc:

Question on the AmEx Marriott offer - DH and I both have it on our platinum cards. I've never used an offer like this, but if we stayed somewhere that was at least $400, we could put at least $200 on each card and only pay the $300 out of pocket, right? But, there's no way to not pay the $300, right?

I think it's pretty obvious, but sometimes things have to slap me in the face lol!

How funny - we are heading to the Hyatt Centric after our stay at Baker's Cay! We are then planning on staying around Marathon for a couple of nights on the way back to FLL for our flight home.
DD17 have one night at Baker’s Cay over Presidents’ Day weekend! It’s a short 3 night mental health trip. It’ll be our first air travel in over a year. Other two nights aren’t at the Hyatt Centric though. Spending fewer points and staying at a cheaper Hampton Inn (I think it is).

I have noticed that the companies that rent already reserved DVC stays no longer have tons of $10 and $12/pt stays available for rent. Makes me think WDW vacationing will be picking up this spring.

Question on the AmEx Marriott offer - DH and I both have it on our platinum cards. I've never used an offer like this, but if we stayed somewhere that was at least $400, we could put at least $200 on each card and only pay the $300 out of pocket, right? But, there's no way to not pay the $300, right?

I think it's pretty obvious, but sometimes things have to slap me in the face lol!

Yes, you can split payment and eventually $50 will be posted as a credit to each card. Whether you have to pay before it posts the credit will depend on your closing and payment date, but most of the time my credits post in a few days. Enjoy!

I see my wife's Amex 1099 in our informed delivery email for today - for those that were wondering if anybody had received them yet.

I know at least one other person in this group is working toward PSLF (I can’t remember who it was), and I just wanted to share that I got the news yesterday that my loans were finally forgiven under the program! And no issues with the COVID payments counting toward forgiveness. It so nice to have 90k of loans finally gone.
Congratulations!
It might have been me? I won't be eligible until the next round, but this year I got $7k out of $9k paid through my workplace (Student Loan Repayment Program). Requires a 3 year work commitment and adds taxable income.

Update to DD's Mexican trip saga:

She's flying into Dallas as I post this. She got the results from the antigen test she did on Saturday the next afternoon on Sunday (too late for her Sunday flight) and it was negative. She could have flown out yesterday (Monday) but decided she wanted to spend the day in Guanajuato. Don't ask me what she was attracted to, or why there was no urgency to return - this is my daughter and her ideas we are talking about. Unlike my son, who would never do any traveling at this time, she seems to have no fear. That's okay as I have enough for both of us and then some.

It's still snowing here quite a bit, but only a few inches in my community. It's supposed to stop near DCA between 2 and 3pm and the temp is 32 going to 36 today around that time. She should get home easily, unless something is closed down, such as the GW Pkwy or the beltway going through Montgomery County.

Today is my Hyatt 5 day mattress run checkout, we did stay there Friday night but haven't been back. The checkout button on the app isn't there, should I go checkout? It's not that big a deal to walk over from work, the Hyatt is only 2 buildings away.

DH and I both received our 1099 from Amex. Mine was 3 different forms totaling $450 and DH's had 1 for $150.
DH and I both received our 1099 from Amex. Mine was 3 different forms totaling $450 and DH's had 1 for $150.
Amex continues to baffle me with sending out these low value 1099s. $150?? I guess they aren't applying any minimum this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter