I love credit cards so much! v4.0 - 2021 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I referred DH for a Chase Ink Business unlimited card with the $750 SUB. Instant approval $9,000 credit line. I'm happy to see they've loosened the reins again. We've thoroughly enjoyed using our URs at 1.5 for groceries and dining out while we vacation.

My CSR renewed in January and I was only charged the $450 renewal fee. We meet the travel spend in the first month with timeshare dues, so it's a no-brainier for us to keep this card.

I hope you're all doing well. I'm still (barely) surviving this school year, but I send lots of love to all of you!

On a side note, we booked Frontier flights for all 5 of us at $163.50 for February travel. It didn't credit automatically on DH's HHonors Amex, but I chatted and had no problem getting them to cover it. The airfare was like $4 and the rest were taxes and fees. We've had great luck with Frontier and Amex. We're Elite 50K members with my Barclay's Frontier MC, and it has really paid off for us in free flights (miles) and the free seat assignments and carry on bag (for me).

I referred DH for a Chase Ink Business unlimited card with the $750 SUB. Instant approval $9,000 credit line. I'm happy to see they've loosened the reins again. We've thoroughly enjoyed using our URs at 1.5 for groceries and dining out while we vacation.

My CSR renewed in January and I was only charged the $450 renewal fee. We meet the travel spend in the first month with timeshare dues, so it's a no-brainier for us to keep this card.

I hope you're all doing well. I'm still (barely) surviving this school year, but I send lots of love to all of you!

On a side note, we booked Frontier flights for all 5 of us at $163.50 for February travel. It didn't credit automatically on DH's HHonors Amex, but I chatted and had no problem getting them to cover it. The airfare was like $4 and the rest were taxes and fees. We've had great luck with Frontier and Amex. We're Elite 50K members with my Barclay's Frontier MC, and it has really paid off for us in free flights (miles) and the free seat assignments and carry on bag (for me).
Congrats on the new CIU... party: a lot of us are getting a $3k CL...so $9k is great

I still have my AP refund sitting on a closed Amex... I believe two billing statements have closed since the refund posted.

I was thinking they would have cut and sent a check by now... think I should message them or continue to wait?
Same thing happened on a Cap One card for me. I just waited and it took 4 cycles before they sent a check.

Today’s newbie question -

If I book a hotel on the Chase website using URs and it says “no online cancellation fees,” then I’m assuming I can cancel the reservation (before the deadline) and just get my URs all refunded to me?

Any pitfalls to be aware of? I’m booking two Hilton rooms in Hawaii - this will be my first really big UR booking, and I don’t want to mess it up and lose all of those beautiful URs I’ve been hoarding!

Today’s newbie question -

If I book a hotel on the Chase website using URs and it says “no online cancellation fees,” then I’m assuming I can cancel the reservation (before the deadline) and just get my URs all refunded to me?

Any pitfalls to be aware of? I’m booking two Hilton rooms in Hawaii - this will be my first really big UR booking, and I don’t want to mess it up and lose all of those beautiful URs I’ve been hoarding!
Yes, you can cancel before the deadline and get your URs refunded (almost immediately).

Just wanted to thanks everyone for all the Costa Rica tips. I have decided to replicate the itinerary that @CyndiLouWho posted with a some modifications. DH loves to drive so we'll be getting a rental car - need to do more research on that. Since we are going during spring break I need to stay on top of making reservations. I already have Hyatt Andaz Costa Rica Resort at Peninsula Papagayo booked for 3 nights, the itinerary calls for 2 nights in that area but I would love to add a rest day - it will all come down to flights schedules.

Can someone recommend a hotel near Manuel Antonio National Park entrance?
The place we stayed I believe no longer exists. In playa hermosa. This one looks nice, a Marriott Autograph Collection. https://www.marriott.com/hotels/travel/lirel-el-mangroove-autograph-collection/

The drive to Manuel Antonio was actually one of the most memorable parts of our trip. The highway goes through rainforest/national park on much of the drive. Our bus driver was very skilled at spotting wildlife and pulled onto the shoulder at one point so we could all get out to view and photograph a large flock of macaws in the trees.

When we go I don’t do mobile order Bc it doesn’t list all my allergies. I just ask to speak to the chef when we get there. Haven’t had any problems.
We were trying to avoid going in anywhere. I find things on the menus that are dairy and soy free. I’m just worried it might end up getting cross contaminated. Is that something I should worry about? If it’s truly better to go in and order Dh or I can do that

Hawaii update:

I paid cash for one of our 3 hotels (because I wanted to pick the specific unit, and points options wouldn’t let me do that).

Rack rate for the other 2 hotels and our flights: $10,675.

Amount I paid (some taxes and fees) (after booking SW flights with RR points and hotels with URs through the Chase portal): $398.

This is clearly the greatest group on the Dis!

I'm going to book a flight from Boston to Ft. Myers for a trip at the end of March. I need to do this soon - like tomorrow soon. Prices have already gone up a good bit since I started looking. I have Southwest points, but Southwest doesn't fly direct and will take 8-9 hours for a 3.5 hour flight. So I'm looking at alternatives.
I have plenty of URs, but currently don't hold a card that allows transferring points (I have CFx2, CFF, CFU, CIU and CIC). I've considered upgrading one of my Freedoms to a CSR, but not sure how quickly that happens, is it immediate? And if I do that, would it be better to book on the chase portal or transfer points to an airline?
Or should I just book with a Freedom and use points towards it on my statement? The flights look like they'll be $200-$250 round trip with bags, if that makes a difference in how I should approach this.
Any opinions on best way to do this would be appreciated. Thanks!

Everyone in this thread seems to be a parent...please tell me that I'm going to survive this episode of cutting the paci cord with my 15 month old! He's currently fighting his nap and crying his head off. Torturous! I even invested in the FridaBaby Paci Weaning System and the kid is too smart for his own good. Realized it wasn't a normal paci in 2 seconds and tossed it aside. I'm only on stage 1 of the system!
None of my kids would take a pacI. 2 sucked theirs thumbs and the other was constantly attached to me 😅( nursing) sorry I can’t give any advice on it....

Hawaii update:

I paid cash for one of our 3 hotels (because I wanted to pick the specific unit, and points options wouldn’t let me do that).

Rack rate for the other 2 hotels and our flights: $10,675.

Amount I paid (some taxes and fees) (after booking SW flights with RR points and hotels with URs through the Chase portal): $398.

This is clearly the greatest group on the Dis!

I have Hawaii on my mind too. Would love to hear where you are staying. Every time I think I know where I want to book, I think maybe I should pick somewhere else.

I have Hawaii on my mind too. Would love to hear where you are staying. Every time I think I know where I want to book, I think maybe I should pick somewhere else.
I’ve second-guessed myself 1000 times. In Maui, we are staying 3 nights at Wailea Beach Villas and 3 nights at the Hyatt Residence Club. In Oahu, we are staying 4 nights at the Hilton Grand Vacations at Hilton Hawaiian Village. They are all condo-type units with two bedrooms and a full kitchen which is great for us.

We went to Kauai and Big Island 4 years ago and loved where we stayed at both if you’re interested in those too!

Kauai - Marriott's Waiohai Beach Club
Big Island - Hilton Waikoloa Village and the coolest treehouse outside Volcanoes National Park that we booked at volcanotreehouse.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter