I love credit cards so much! v4.0 - 2021 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all. I was wondering if I could get some advice on which card to pick up next. I'm a newbie at this game, really.

I'm at 2/24 with the Disney Premier and Chase Freedom Unlimited. My husband is 1/24 with the CFU after I referred him. I'm planning to PC the Disney card to the free version this year. I want to rack up a lot of points to facilitate travel, and I have some Adventures by Disney trips I'm (trying to, with Covid...) get off the ground, and I'd like my points to facilitate that. I have a trip scheduled for October if it goes through, otherwise next October, but it isn't a priority to use my points if it would be better off later. Right now we have maybe 6-70000 Chase points. I was thinking I would probably sign up for the Freedom Flex -- I want a Sapphire card at some point, but I'm nervous about spending the $4000 in three months. My expenses are about $1440/month but $670 of that doesn't generally get put on a card. I pay the cards in full every month and I could certainly get to $4000 if I made a payment on my ABD trip, but I usually try to pay those through Disney Gift Cards from Target for the 5% back. Any thoughts?
I would go for a Sapphire card now if I was you. With the current Pay Yourself Back (PYB) feature on the Sapphire cards, you could buy the Disney GCs at the grocery store and get a better return than you'd get at Target. Maybe someone else can explain how this works as I don't have personal experience doing it.

I would go for a Sapphire card now if I was you. With the current Pay Yourself Back (PYB) feature on the Sapphire cards, you could buy the Disney GCs at the grocery store and get a better return than you'd get at Target. Maybe someone else can explain how this works as I don't have personal experience doing it.
@TarotFox - I actually just did this. I bought a $500 Disney gift card at the grocery store using my CSP. Once the charge posted I used the PYB to use points to cover the transaction. Very easy. You can do this with the CSR too and get a better redemption rate. I think PYB is currently available through April.

I've seen a couple of references to buying GCs from a grocery store on CSR and using Pay Yourself Back, resulting in a better return than Target. Can someone run through the math?

here it goes....lol

the citi bus. aa card when are you able to get the bonus again? is it 48 months from the time you closed the card?

the barclay bus. aa card is it 48 months from when the card was closed?

When can you apply for another CSR? Dh was wondering. He was approved 7/2018 so I think he still has awhile

To do that, would you have to physically enter the grocery store? I know you can buy Disney gift cards online, so that's what I usually do since the nearest Target is 100 miles from me.

I've seen a couple of references to buying GCs from a grocery store on CSR and using Pay Yourself Back, resulting in a better return than Target. Can someone run through the math?
I don’t know if it’s a better rate of return than Target. So I can’t speak to that. Essentially it’s, do you want to cash in your URs for gift cards? A $500 gift card purchase can be completely erased with 33,333 URs. 1.5cpp with CSR. You’re also going to earn another 1500URs on that purchase because groceries are currently 3x points. In my mind I look at as I used my points to get a “free” $500 gift card. It really depends on how you value your points and how you would like to use them in the future. For me personally I’m cashing all of mine out while I can. Right now I’d rather have money in the bank

ETA: I’m just cashing out my regular groceries.It doesn’t have to be gift cards. Like I said I’ve saved several thousand dollars, I could simply use that money to buy Disney tickets etc.

I know amex is taking their sweet time with the credits and that people bought gc fron best buy, I'm ok with it being an even 50 correct? This is why I waited until my statement cut so there'd be time for it to post, hopefully.

Home deopt hasn't shipped one of my items do ugh on that one.

I don’t know if it’s a better rate of return than Target. So I can’t speak to that. Essentially it’s, do you want to cash in your URs for gift cards? A $500 gift card purchase can be completely erased with 33,333 URs. 1.5cpp with CSR. You’re also going to earn another 1500URs on that purchase because groceries are currently 3x points. In my mind I look at as I used my points to get a “free” $500 gift card. It really depends on how you value your points and how you would like to use them in the future. For me personally I’m cashing all of mine out while I can. Right now I’d rather have money in the bank

ETA: I’m just cashing out my regular groceries.It doesn’t have to be gift cards. Like I said I’ve saved several thousand dollars, I could simply use that money to buy Disney tickets etc.
This is how I feel too. For me, buying $500 through target cost me $475 out of pocket. Using PYB is no OOP.
But if I “cashed out” $475 UR to pay for the target purchase it would be at 1 p. Better rate of return going to the grocery store and using PYB.

(full disclosure - I did recently buy from target as well and used Discover cashback. In my mind that is still no OOP and reserved some URs).

Does anyone know how VRBO codes for CSR, for CapOne Venture?hoping it codes as travel on both but not sure.

I know amex is taking their sweet time with the credits and that people bought gc fron best buy, I'm ok with it being an even 50 correct? This is why I waited until my statement cut so there'd be time for it to post, hopefully.

Home deopt hasn't shipped one of my items do ugh on that one.
Yes I did $50 even at BB.

Ouch on HD. I’m still not sure what to do with that one with it’s stupid $50 minimum charge, but I have until June so I’ve back burnered that for now.

I saw that SW will put the MAX 8 in service on 3/11/21. I was reading the info on their site and had a quick survey pop-up.
It was 2 questions: Do you agree that SW has done all to assure the safety of the MAX 8 (or something like that). And something about feeling safe flying on the MAX 8, along with a box for replies.
At this point there is no way I would get on a MAX 8, I will make my flight selection based on aircrafts. I would like to give the MAX 8 a year of flying before my family boards the MAX 8.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter